Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rory Atkins for and end of 1st round pick is disgusting. Would be devastated with that. Not a massive fan at all and don't even no where he would fit in our team
Has played 69 of a possible 71 games the past 3 years in a strong midfield and is contracted until 2020 so won't be coming much cheaper. Something like Dahl compo would be about the best we could hope for I'd reckon

Does he pass the no dickhead test?

Hiding from drug testers has quite a bit of dickhead smell about it
He was hiding from his ex girlfriend which is only slightly less worse but he has been excellent this year - albeit as a HBFer which is a position we are set for.

I much prefer we trade for a position of need, unless if the slight chance that he is gettable is as an on-baller.

I like to think that "Grammar Nazi" is an umbrella term that includes spelling, expression, syntax and homophobes...
Errr ... You're thinking of the wrong sort of nazis if you're talking about homophobes.

A
Has played 69 of a possible 71 games the past 3 years in a strong midfield and is contracted until 2020 so won't be coming much cheaper. Something like Dahl compo would be about the best we could hope for I'd reckon

Agree. I'd rate similar to Crozier but will be more expensive due to being contracted.

Besides he's from Marby Park. Wasn't that Moz's first club?

Hang on a sec, the first mention I saw on here re: Atkins was from McRaeBF. Please tell me we're all collectively smart enough to not debate some tripe this guy has spouted?

Hang on a sec, the first mention I saw on here re: Atkins was from McRaeBF. Please tell me we're all collectively smart enough to not debate some tripe this guy has spouted?
This is what happens when the club keeps it cards close to its chest and doesn't leak like it used to.

BF abhors a vacuum.

He was hiding from his ex girlfriend which is only slightly less worse but he has been excellent this year - albeit as a HBFer which is a position we are set for.

I much prefer we trade for a position of need, unless if the slight chance that he is gettable is as an on-baller.
Might be some motivation to come to us, more chance of midfield minutes.

A) We're desperate for something to talk about and b) wasn't he right about something once? Broken clock and all that, but you never know.

In this case, surely you were supposed to have pointed out that no actual rules of grammar were broken, rather the wrong choice of two (almost) homophones was implemented. :p

Poor, neglected and asleep at the wheel!

:D

NTTAWWT :oops:

Was way back on pg 486. Skipped to this one and saw Dannnnnnnnnn posted we are still talking about Dahl compo etc.

Let me know when something good happens

I'll be over on the sausage fest thread being a general annoying pain in the arse to X_box_X
I feel the rivalry between you and me is so intense that it has gone past the epic rivalries of West Coast and Sydney of the mid 2000s and the Hawthorn v Geelong rivalry that soon followed.

The consistent thing here is that those teams were the kings of the AFL. Their rivalries were intensified due to those teams being so dominant. I am sensing a consistent theme here with us dominating anything to do with pies and sausages.

If that is the truth I will go and live in the woods.

That said, I would still be happy with him at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bloody love Bailey Williams. Might be my favourite player.
Some of the footy he played this year was truly elite. Next step is consistency but geez watch out when he takes it. Absolutely love everything about him.

The thought of the opposition trying to handle all of JJ, Bailey and RedEd in a couple of years is mouthwatering. JJ in particular is going to be allowed so much more freedom than he is used to. Hoping Lynch can learn to find enough of the ball to be mentioned in the same breath because hes got enough natural talent to be the best of the lot (on offense anyway). Loving the brigade of flankers were building that can rotate through those HB/Wing/HF roles. Going to be a serious weapon sooner than later.

Does he pass the no dickhead test?

Hiding from drug testers has quite a bit of dickhead smell about it

Does he also have a knee issue?

He's worn a brace all year (certainly the 2nd half) and I remember watching a game where he kicked almost exclusively with his left foot.

?

Also the talk that Bev hates anyone and every one that isnt an angel/robot is ridiculous. I've seen the likes of Williams, Daniel, JJ, Suckling etc on a night out in Melbourne and I definitely wouldnt describe them as angels lol, yet they play every single game when fit. Theres a massive difference between turfing/pushing under performing players whose behaviour is clearly having an affect on the playing group and only wanting players who have the personality of Mitch Wallis (who ironically enough we werent that concerned about losing).

Dont even get me started on the 'robot' comment, think theres more than enough actual quotes from players out there saying how much attacking flair/freedom Bev has allowed them to play with to call bullshit on that one. Wanting your players to be robots is Bmac trying to cut any sort of x-factor from the likes of a young Macrae/Hunters game type shit

It has been mentioned elsewhere too I saw it from a journo somewhere trying to remember....

People are ridiculously undervaluing Atkins. Has played 64 games over the last 3 seasons, is only 24 years old, provides solid run & carry, kicks goals on occasion and fills a need in midfield as an outside player. Would be worth trading a pick in the 20s. Probably a complete myth of a rumour though given he re-signed in January till end of 2020 lol

Haven't we all hidden from ex-girlfriends? Not criteria for falling into the D***head category as far as I am concerned.

A

Agree. I'd rate similar to Crozier but will be more expensive due to being contracted.

Besides he's from Marby Park. Wasn't that Moz's first club?

Nah, Moz is Doutta Stars.

If we take the Dahl comp to the draft we lose it picking up West. If we trade it we get West anyway.

Not easy to trade for established talent as it is and most clubs end up paying slightly overs which Atkins may be.
Happy to do it.

Rozee, Atkins, West... that’s a good haul!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back