Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FRINGE Geelong midfielder George Horlin-Smith has joined Gold Coast.

The Suns gave up pick No.59 in this year's NAB AFL Draft for him.

Decent pick up for Gold Coast, dont mind Horlin-Smith
Everyone thinks they are in the dumpster right now, but I remember everyone thought that about us in 2014 after losing Griffen, Cooney, Higgins and McCartney.

Things aren't always as simple as they look on paper.

So it seems we have no mature targets worthy of Pick 27. Wonder if we end up trading it for a future pick? As at present West will eat it.

Based on our trading, age profile, and recent performances, our future picks may be quite valuable so not keen to trade them.

After reports that May will only play at GC or Melbourne next year, the Oracle is here to tell you it is imminent that he will nominate Hawthorn. They will offer GC a stale pie, a slab of XXXX and a shiny stone... and GC will haggle hard to make it a fresh 4'n'twenty, a slab of XXXX and 2 shiny stones - deal done!

So it seems we have no mature targets worthy of Pick 27. Wonder if we end up trading it for a future pick? As at present West will eat it.

Based on our trading, age profile, and recent performances, our future picks may be quite valuable so not keen to trade them.

Live trading will be very interesting this year. Our pick 7 becomes very valuable.

Wouldn’t we just have to replace him with a depth ruck anyway?

No real point of getting rid of him. We should be focused on other trades anyway.
Yes we would.

There’s definitely a point in getting rid of him. Bevo just doesn’t play him. Had opportunities to and just didn’t. Why not get a ruckman that could surprise? Not gonna cost much.

Have I entered some kind of alternate reality where Aaron Hall is actually good?

Yes, take the third exit on the left after leaving Honest John’s... (going back to an argument about 50 pages ago - so don’t stress if you don’t get this reference)

Mate reckons Neale/Hogan/May deals are imminent, not sure where he got that from though, has there been any reports? I cbf listening to trade radio, or reading AFL site, prefer to sift through varying levels of BS here to end up more confused than ever.

Everyone thinks they are in the dumpster right now, but I remember everyone thought that about us in 2014 after losing Griffen, Cooney, Higgins and McCartney.

Things aren't always as simple as they look on paper.
Dew in charge and a couple of good assistant coaches and they can build on from there.

Got enough young talent and bringing in some mature players help bridge the gap in some areas. Reduces the pressure on the kids and allows them to play without having to worry about being number 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes we would.

There’s definitely a point in getting rid of him. Bevo just doesn’t play him. Had opportunities to and just didn’t. Why not get a ruckman that could surprise? Not gonna cost much.
Can't see how Tom Campbell retains his spot:

- It seems most teams arent running with any more than three rucks and four is overkill

- Bev will only pick Tom at gunpoint

- Mid season draft allows a emergency big body to be picked up mid yr.

Would be pretty surprised and disappointed if Tom is retained irrespective of what happens to Rough.

After reports that May will only play at GC or Melbourne next year, the Oracle is here to tell you it is imminent that he will nominate Hawthorn. They will offer GC a stale pie, a slab of XXXX and a shiny stone... and GC will haggle hard to make it a fresh 4'n'twenty, a slab of XXXX and 2 shiny stones - deal done!

Surely Sam Power can find three shiny stones somewhere?!

Can't see how Tom Campbell retains his spot:

- It seems most teams arent running with any more than three rucks and four is overkill

- Bev will only pick Tom at gunpoint

- Mid season draft allows a emergency big body to be picked up mid yr.

Would be pretty surprised and disappointed if Tom is retained irrespective of what happens to Rough.

Being groomed as tall HBF! Seriously though, see VitalDread's earlier post - sounds like there is some agreement that he will be on our list forever!

Not for or against BTC staying on, he's a capable back up ruck if all goes to shit with injuries. He knows it & is probably fine with playing footy at any level for a living, unlikely to sook about not getting a game although there are times we could have won with him in the team if we were even half competitive in the ruck.

I just hope Trengove plays main ruck, English also getting 10-15 games either as main ruck or forward/ruck whilst Toyd is in the goal square & letting them do the bulk of the ruck

We are so bloody young with injury clouds over many of our senior players. I'd nearly pick up Barlowe as a rookie/40 on the list.

Pretty ordinary state of affairs.

I see a lot of clubs improving their lists with ready made quality players. Its not inconceivable that we could go backwards next year.

The worst trade negotiator in the league is conducting a fire sale of quality young players. Where are we?

GC and Port are being pillaged. Where are we? (Right there with them apparently with Dahl and Adams going.)

Quite a disappointing trade period to date.

We are so bloody young with injury cliuds over many of our senior players. I'd nearly pick up Barlowe as a rookie/40 on the list.

Pretty ordinary state of affairs.

I see a lot of clubs improving their lists with ready made quality players. Its not inconceivable that we could go backwards next year.

The worst trade negotiator in the league is conducting a fire sale of quality young players. Where are we?

GC and Port are being pillaged. Where are we?

Quite a disappointing trade period to date.

It's horrendous. Shut the club down!
Sack Power!

How dare we go to the draft and pick quality...

Gold Coast is so grim. The Scrimshaw & Hall deals have already been discussed. Even the Horlin-Smith deal is overs. Pick 59 for a bloke who has played 15 AFL games in the last 4 seasons. Amusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back