VFL 2024 VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't going to do a review as I fell asleep during the 1st qtr, but if no one else will? I thought Baker and Garcia were the only ones to put their hand up. Baker actually looked very composed coming out of our back 50 and executed quite well. Took a lot of kick outs and it was hard to fault them. One of the better games I've seen from him.
Garcia I would've liked to see him have a bit more impact outside the contest, thought he fought hard inside the contest both offensively and defensively though.

Clarke had some nice moments but I think he's just too scrappy with his disposal at times. When we were coming in the last qtr he failed to execute a basic 20 -30m meter pass under minimal pressure that was pretty costly in the end. Then further on took a risky option in the center of the ground which may have been ok if he kicked it out on front of his teammate, but kicked it on his head instead. Still feel he has a long way to go and I wasn't a fan of his start to the game from what I can remember of it also.

Busslinger too unusually had some shocking kicks that went straight to ground. Hamling who he was opposed to most of the day kicked 4 goals as well although Ethan Hunt seemed to be a double agent with a couple blatant turnovers he created which didn't help Buss

Poulter won a lot of the ball and gave some run. His disposal is a bit suspect though. Had too many high up and under kicks that really serve little purpose.

Jones worked hard and he was someone I found noticeable defensively. He didn't find enough of it though which is a consistent theme with him.

Smith had a tough day as he was up against 3 rucks, still had some moments. Was worn down in the end and was ineffective when rested up forward.

Rypstra I wasn't even sure was playing. Only came into the game in the 2nd half and did kick a nice crumbing goal.

McNeil had little impact, was a tough day for small forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back