Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replied directly to a quote, tagging wouldn’t be necessary. But blocking me shows your character, not mine. All the best

Edit - my mistake, I thought it was in relation to my reference to a past post. But I guess you won’t see this anyway :think:

How about you just back off a bit?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s fine that you find it hard to fathom that beveridge was pushing to trade Boyd. Don’t forget he’d played like s**t in 2015. Had been dropped to the VFL and beveridge was working out he was a ruck prospect, not a key forward. And the drink just didn’t like his vibe. Many on here were even asking if we should trade him by mid 2016. Nevertheless.

As I said, believe it, or don’t. We don’t know each other. I certainly don’t just believe everything I read on here. That’s fine.

The abuse of guys posting information is what has never mad any sense to me. Anyways. Those days are over.
Saying the club is looking at trading Boyd was one thing. Saying Bev hated Boyd for personal reasons and was openly discussing and showing his hatred is something completely different.
Just admit it was a wrong thing to say,way out of line,and extremely hard to believe. 👎

For those not in the know, people like Panna and Fronk don't post Chinese whispers. They have a proven track record and quality tomato sauce.

I don't actually remember the original post, but what Fronk posted tonight seems a little bit off. Its very believable for Bev to have doubts on Boyd early days and to even discuss the potential for it to not work out at some stage. Sometimes though, once its been fed through a few ears these things can mutate in to something else which it may have done by the time Fronk heard it.

Let’s all take a deep breath and stop sinking the boots into each other. We’ve just experienced one of the great home and away wins in the clubs history. Revel in that and take a chill pill.

That’s fine that you find it hard to fathom that beveridge was pushing to trade Boyd. Don’t forget he’d played like s**t in 2015. Had been dropped to the VFL and beveridge was working out he was a ruck prospect, not a key forward. And the drink just didn’t like his vibe. Many on here were even asking if we should trade him by mid 2016. Nevertheless.

As I said, believe it, or don’t. We don’t know each other. I certainly don’t just believe everything I read on here. That’s fine.

The abuse of guys posting information is what has never mad any sense to me. Anyways. Those days are over.

I don't disbelieve you were told this info, Fronk and i'm not calling you a liar. I also don't take what you say for granted, I just think the message may have been skewed somewhere along the line. That's all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Wallis play 70-30 fwd-mid when he returns? He did well last year in the forward half but is he able to adapt to other teams paying him more attention?

I am struggling to see a long term place for him in our side. Especially in our midfield. Clearly beveridge does as he re-signed last year.

OK. I’ll go back to my point of saying he’s been asked to play a role he’s not equipped to play. I’d still have him over a lot of others.

A 193cm defender being asked to play on 193cm forwards - it’s not exactly a huge stretch. He’d be Port’s biggest defender. He’d be the Crows second KPD. Grimes and Stratton do it successfully every week. Ambrose since Hurley went down. It’s not like he’s being asked to do something no other player his size excels at.

He’s certainly not too short for the role he’s being asked to play. He’s taller than Moz for ****’s sake. Perhaps too weak or slight, but that’s either his stringbean DNA or an aversion to the gym. Either way, we shouldn’t have to invent a position for him because he can’t or won’t bulk up.

The magical third KPD role in which he’s going to suddenly become a great and reliable player has become pretty rare. Teams generally only play 1-2 genuine KPDs, if that, and the other defenders have to bring something to the table as an interceptor, an attacking force (by run or by disposal), or, more rarely these days, as a lockdown defender. Ideally, the non KPDs are capable of all of the above at times. Think Sicily, or Crozier, for example.

Cordy struggles to be any of those things. He’s not an intercept marker and his disposal is only passable. He doesn’t provide any run. The thing he does well occasionally is spoil as a third man up. His best hope is to become a lockdown defender, but considering he regularly gets abused by every shape and size of forward in marking contests inside 50, that seems quite a ways off.

I think he’s a good backup and bit part player, but in an ideal world there would be someone on the level of a Hamling or Keath or Barrass keeping him out of our best 22.

Fronks info has always been pretty good and comes from very close to the club.

Seems a little bit of tall poppy syndrome from a few who’s relevance has fallen in here.

As I’ve said before if you are one of the “clique” you can say the most ridiculous things and they won’t challenge but if you aren’t they come at you like vultures.

Seems a little bit of tall poppy syndrome from a few who’s relevance has fallen in here.

As I’ve said before if you are one of the “clique” you can say the most ridiculous things and they won’t challenge but if you aren’t they come at you like vultures.

What’s Fronks inside word?

Can anyone remember a better statistical output from a second year key forward in comparison to Naughton?

Only Cameron's second season was better. Pretty amazing its only his first year forward to!

Edit: Jack Darling also had an insane second year.

Not 2nd year but Chris Grant’s first year was very good.

What’s Fronks inside word?

His info has always been pretty good and I have no idea what’s his inside word is.

He doesn’t post rubbish and more than most in here sticks to topic or get personal.

Think he actually has me on ignore so I have no reason to defend him but he is on the top 10 blokes in here for quality

A 193cm defender being asked to play on 193cm forwards - it’s not exactly a huge stretch. He’d be Port’s biggest defender. He’d be the Crows second KPD. Grimes and Stratton do it successfully every week. Ambrose since Hurley went down. It’s not like he’s being asked to do something no other player his size excels at.

He’s certainly not too short for the role he’s being asked to play. He’s taller than Moz for fu**’s sake. Perhaps too weak or slight, but that’s either his stringbean DNA or an aversion to the gym. Either way, we shouldn’t have to invent a position for him because he can’t or won’t bulk up.

The magical third KPD role in which he’s going to suddenly become a great and reliable player has become pretty rare. Teams generally only play 1-2 genuine KPDs, if that, and the other defenders have to bring something to the table as an interceptor, an attacking force (by run or by disposal), or, more rarely these days, as a lockdown defender. Ideally, the non KPDs are capable of all of the above at times. Think Sicily, or Crozier, for example.

Cordy struggles to be any of those things. He’s not an intercept marker and his disposal is only passable. He doesn’t provide any run. The thing he does well occasionally is spoil as a third man up. His best hope is to become a lockdown defender, but considering he regularly gets abused by every shape and size of forward in marking contests inside 50, that seems quite a ways off.

I think he’s a good backup and bit part player, but in an ideal world there would be someone on the level of a Hamling or Keath or Barrass keeping him out of our best 22.

All good points but too early to be writing off. Gets beaten plenty atm but has some really strong defensive attributes. Hamling at the same age had already been delisted from the cats and was struggling for a game with us because he was struggling to beat his opponents one v one. Look at him now. Not sure why its the case for bigger defenders but majority of the time it takes a while for everything to click. I'd back him in to find the click soon.

Can anyone remember a better statistical output from a second year key forward in comparison to Naughton?

Only Cameron's second season was better. Pretty amazing its only his first year forward to!

Edit: Jack Darling also had an insane second year.
Joe Daniher and Paul Salmon were worth a look and John Coleman and Ken Farmer both tonned up, but
Naughton's contested marking is awesome as he is still a lightweight.

All good points but too early to be writing off. Gets beaten plenty atm but has some really strong defensive attributes. Hamling at the same age had already been delisted from the cats and was struggling for a game with us because he was struggling to beat his opponents one v one. Look at him now. Not sure why its the case for bigger defenders but majority of the time it takes a while for everything to click. I'd back him in to find the click soon.

Yeah, I’m not writing him off or advocating delisting him. But the gap between where he’s at and where he needs to get to to avoid being marginalised if we bring in some more KPP talent is pretty wide IMO. He’s in a bit of a positional no-man’s-land until he improves.

How about you just back off a bit?

I stand by what I’ve said, but it’s not my problem if he can take credit but can’t take criticism from what he says.

Considering I’d be very surprised if I’ve ever done anything to be blocked, that’s just an extreme overreaction in my opinion. Others are saying the same thing, not doubting what info he got but somewhere on the line it’s gone amiss. Not even acknowledging that maybe he was slightly off, like I said that’s on him.

It’s done as far as I’m concerned, bigger things to be worried about :)

Me? Can’t lose what you probably never had lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back