Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was good but he’s only one injury away from the end

I remember when people used to say the same about Shaun Burgoyne, Luke Hodge and Dale Morris.

Dicksons form this year was good enough to warrant another year, however that is clearly going to be dependant upon final list changes.

I remember when people used to say the same about Shaun Burgoyne, Luke Hodge and Dale Morris.

Dicksons form this year was good enough to warrant another year, however that is clearly going to be dependant upon final list changes.

How did Dicko go in our most important game of the yr?

Your heads rolled already.
You've never played poker I guess. Either way if the deal isn't good enough for us, good luck to him and he can stay at the saints.
We can play poker all we like,I said that.
If he stays where he is at this point,and considering our needs,our club will need to have a serious look at itself if we can't find a deal that is good enough.

We can't just employ people who can't get deals done and think all is dandy. I do think we will get a deal done though.

C'mon dude,that just comes across as Dickson hatred,which I know some people have really struggled to get over over the years.

He's probably the best big game player our club has ever produced,we can't slag him off for a final he didn't even play in.

C'mon dude,that just comes across as Dickson hatred,which I know some people have really struggled to get over over the years.

He's probably the best big game player our club has ever produced,we can't slag him off for a final he didn't even play in.
My point is that he is getting on and having ongoing injuries. Have argued for Dicko in the past don't see it with him now with his injuries. Played injured early this yr and was ordinary. Then was good then was absent injured again at the business end.

Future depends on what we get in. Could be serviceable next yr if fit. That 'if' gets bigger every yr.

You're going to pick a single game and use it in isolation to judge a players entire season?

If thats that case how did Marcus Bontempelli go in our most important game of the year?

Plough Wallace stated today that StKilda don't have as much bargaining power as they think. Summarising his opinion: Firstly, they have not committed to extend Bruce's contract by making a comparable offer. Secondly, they don't really need him because they have Membrey, Marshall, who could be used as a tall forward with the addition of Ryder and King who they are keen to give more opportunities as a key forward. They also have McCartin, who although an unknown quantity, is still on the list. Thirdly, Bruce has clearly indicated he wants to move and therefore forcing him to stay is not really an option. This means pick 32 is about right and we should not be embellished very much, if at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s very ordinary news regarding Keath. It might help us get him for cheaper trade value but we’ve committed long term salary to someone who has bone stress issues.

I've been wondering a bit about what Sammy P has up his sleeve over the next nine days, and how we may be fishing for something possibly bigger than Bruce or Keath. And while several have commented that we seem to run a much tighter ship these days, I can't help but question whether it's actually possible in this age of voracious, saturated, round the clock media coverage.

I know surprises pop up every year around this time, and can also see how, if it's a somewhat delicate situation involving a loyal player, then no one needs to know unless it actually comes off. But take the Howard situation: say, for instance, that we're balls deep with Howard but not a word has escaped to the media... surely all of Port, Howard's manager, mates, etc wouldn't keep it quiet just 'cos we asked them to... Is that really possible, or is the fact that we're not even mentioned as a possible destination for him show that--for whatever reason--we were never in with a shot for the guy or alternatively, decided against trading for him? The latter just seems a bit bizarre to me if true, as he seems perfect for us. (But then, so does Brad Hill...)

I've been wondering a bit about what Sammy P has up his sleeve over the next nine days, and how we may be fishing for something possibly bigger than Bruce or Keath. And while several have commented that we seem to run a much tighter ship these days, I can't help but question whether it's actually possible in this age of voracious, saturated, round the clock media coverage.

I know surprises pop up every year around this time, and can also see how, if it's a somewhat delicate situation involving a loyal player, then no one needs to know unless it actually comes off. But take the Howard situation: say, for instance, that we're balls deep with Howard but not a word has escaped to the media... surely all of Port, Howard's manager, mates, etc wouldn't keep it quiet just 'cos we asked them to... Is that really possible, or is the fact that we're not even mentioned as a possible destination for him show that--for whatever reason--we were never in with a shot for the guy or alternatively, decided against trading for him? The latter just seems a bit bizarre to me if true, as he seems perfect for us. (But then, so does Brad Hill...)

There was rumored interest in Howard before Bruce and Keath indicated they wanted in. With our academy and father son next year we wouldn't want to give up next years picks. If we kept 13 we could be a chance if the initial interest is to be believed. I mean silence does happen too, like how GWS thought they were getting Buddy only for Sydney to take him and had planned to the entire time.

There was rumored interest in Howard before Bruce and Keath indicated they wanted in. With our academy and father son next year we wouldn't want to give up next years picks. If we kept 13 we could be a chance if the initial interest is to be believed. I mean silence does happen too, like how GWS thought they were getting Buddy only for Sydney to take him and had planned to the entire time.
That is still the ultimate trade week steal. He was going to GWS/staying at Hawks....

Then along come the swans and the massive, COLA killing deal.

32 for Bruce as that probably better than an end if 2nd rnd they get next year assuming they don’t attract a free agent themselves.
Keath isn’t worth the same as Bruce IMO. One of our 40’s as he’s out of contact. If they can facilitate a 3rd rnd upgrade for themselves then use a 2nd pick involved. He’s out of contract so it’s their problem not ours. He’s 28 and played 20 odd games. Really only 1 proper year to go on and many have had 2nd year blues where opps work them out.
No need complicating these 2 trades if that’s all we are after. My bet is at least one of the Saints, Crows or us (all 3 maybe) have other targets not mentioned. Players have gotten smarter b4 announcing destinations so there will be more to come once clubs iron out in principle details. There’s nothing to say we won’t have another 30’s pick yet or higher.

We can play poker all we like,I said that.
If he stays where he is at this point,and considering our needs,our club will need to have a serious look at itself if we can't find a deal that is good enough.

We can't just employ people who can't get deals done and think all is dandy. I do think we will get a deal done though.
I say sack everyone.
Miss out on 1 trade, must be the end of the world!

If we get Bruce-good for us, if we don't-good for us again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back