Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes us sound like such peasants. We can’t even get a guy to just meet with us who is being pushed out by his current club. He has to think about meeting with us.
We’re not prestigious enough. He has standards to keep up, fgs 🙄

Dogs to meet with Treloar
By Michael Gleeson
Sources say the Western Bulldogs will meet with Collingwood's midfielder Adam Treloar.
The Dogs remain of the view that they could trade for Treloar unconnected to any decision on Josh Dunkley, who has asked for a move to Essendon.
The Dogs want to meet with Treloar to get a clearer picture of whether there is merit in progressing talks about a possible trade for the star Magpie, who has been squeezed out at Collingwood.

My thoughts we need to be creative and try and make dodoro feel like he’s won.

This might be a bit way of but we need another team in this, and the crows have the currency but also would value an upgrade

Dons lose: pick 7- 2021 first

Dons get : pick 40 (crows) 2021 second -(dogs)- Dunkley

Dogs lose : pick 14- 2021 second - Dunkley

Dogs get : pick 23(crows) 2021 1st(dons) 2021 1st (crows).

Crows lose: pick 23- pick 40 - 2021 first

Crows gain pick 7 - pick 14

Thoughts?
Pointless makes us worse whilst we made finals and need to improve on that

I don’t get it why Essendon don’t take Treloar’s whole contract and pick him up for 2nd rounder?
He has to want to go there first, and I don't think he has a recently-delisted brother

I don’t think Adelaide will even slightly hesitate in rejecting that. They won’t trade their 2021 1st when it’ll likely be a top 4 pick.
Im
Just channeling my inner Adam Cooney with the stupid super trades! Haha

This might be a bit way of but we need another team in this, and the crows have the currency but also would value an upgrade

Thoughts?
If we’re going to get 2 future firsts Essendon and Crows would be close to the ones you want. I don’t think Crows do it.

I have a feeling we'd like to discuss an entirely new contract with Treloar, which Treloar would likely say no to given he doesn't have to do anything.

He could take $650k with us and start fresh in a new environment and try and contend during his remaining years, or take the extra $1 mil plus but be potentially stuck in an awkward situation somewhere.
It's the length of contract as much as the amount that worries me. $900k for a 31 and 32 year old Treloar is crazy money. If he was on a three year deal I'd be over the moon that he's gettable.

So, Treloar:

* On 900k a year

* Dealing with an unwanted long-distance relationship and potential mental health issues

* Not needed in our already-stacked midfield while other areas have gaping holes

* Lack of currency, due to need for JUH picks

* Poor kick

* Refuses to even meet with us

What are we waiting for?
* His current contract is a five year deal, and he'll be 28 before the start of the 2021 season

It's the length of contract as much as the amount that worries me. $900k for a 31 and 32 year old Treloar is crazy money. If he was on a three year deal I'd be over the moon that he's gettable.
If we have room in the cap this year it would be smart to get the pies to pay a % and then front load it as much as possible. I can’t imagine we wouldn’t have space to do so especially if Dunkley leaves which if Treloar comes he most likely would

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could Treloar play a bit of time deep forward one out ala Danger?

He's got the pace off the mark, not sure how he is overhead?

so what’s the consensus, the Dunkley deal doesn’t happen ? In all honesty don’t want to lose him but we need to dig our heels in and day this is what we want make it happen! I believe in Sam Power

Could Treloar play a bit of time deep forward one out ala Danger?

He's got the pace off the mark, not sure how he is overhead?
This is the worry - we haven't even spoken to him yet and we're taking him out of his best position.

I'm going to enjoy post-trade period much better if we keep Josh, avoid Treloar, sign Stef Martin, and don't make any last minute desperate 'Schache' deals.

so what’s the consensus, the Dunkley deal doesn’t happen ? In all honesty don’t want to lose him but we need to dig our heels in and day this is what we want make it happen! I believe in Sam Power

I feel like it won’t happen. I’m much more confident with SP at the helm

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thoughts?

Personally couldn’t give two f@cks how Dodo feels other than reamed IF we make a deal.

The only deal I agree to makes him look like the complete and utter t@rd he is.

Every year he stuffs trade week up and by extension the careers of many fringe footballers who needs big deals done early so they may get a crack at it.

I wish the bloke and his filthy cheating club nothing but endless misery and if the place burnt down I’d be racing there to pee and dance on the ashes.

99.07% of their fans can GAGF while I’m at it.

Last edited:
If we have room in the cap this year it would be smart to get the pies to pay a % and then front load it as much as possible. I can’t imagine we wouldn’t have space to do so especially if Dunkley leaves which if Treloar comes he most likely would
this makes sense, if we are expecting to lose Dunkley and have 2021 salary cap space already, we could work a heavily front loaded but shorter (4 years) contract with Treloar, worth slightly less overall than his current one. collingwood would contribute some (in future years) but less than other possible deals out there, and the pick compensation would therefore be generous to us (a second rounder ish)

Personally couldn’t give two f@cks how Dodo feels other than reamed IF we make a deal.

The only deal I agree to makes him look like the complete and utter t@rd he is.

Every year he stuffs trade week up and by extension the careers of man fringe footballers who needs big deals done early so they may get a crack at it.

I wish the bloke and his filthy cheating club nothing but endless misery and if the place burnt down I’d be racing there to pee and dance on the ashes.

99.07% of their fans can GAGF while I’m at it.
I agree, 100% but he won’t do any deal unless he feels he’s won.

in an ideal world, dunks stays has a Papley like season and re-signs, they lose saad for nothing and Caldwell goes elsewhere.

I agree, 100% but he won’t do any deal unless he feels he’s won.

in an ideal world, dunks stays has a Papley like season and re-signs, they lose saad for nothing and Caldwell goes elsewhere.

And we care if he gets no deals done why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back