Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s funny we tend to think players just stop at 30, in reality Jack Macrae will probably still be playing good footy at 33 6-7 years from now.

Our absolute peak will be when Bont, Macrae etc are all 29-31 and Jamarra, Darcy are like 23. Ideally we sack the coach now and start to prepare…

JJ was ripping games apart in 2015/2016. And he was coming into his prime. I don't understand how he could get worse from there. He only changed position due to having no impact from the backline once he started getting a hard tag. Good players get through that, he didn't.

JJ played the role of a rebounding 1/2 back flanker and that role needs support when that player gets pinned down. He was getting minimal support when he was targeted in 2017 by the opposition. Niggling injuries look to have gotten the better of him now.

Hardly the only player to have a down year. Most have.

He's still important and just needs redeployment upfield. No need to be "fuming"
It’s not on the back of this year, more about list balance. 3 years is more than enough for a guy pardon the pun of his stature. I’d rather give Bailey Dale and Ed Richards the years and dollars.

It’s not on the back of this year, more about list balance. 3 years is more than enough for a guy pardon the pun of his stature. I’d rather give Bailey Dale and Ed Richards the years and dollars.
More years = less money.

Daniel is what he is, he’ll probably play good football til 35 I don’t think he’s barely ever missed a game through injury, doesn’t rely on speed or athleticism. I’d happily give him 5 years if it shaves 100-150k PA off. Which I think would be a win for everyone.

More years = less money.

Daniel is what he is, he’ll probably play good football til 35 I don’t think he’s barely ever missed a game through injury, doesn’t rely on speed or athleticism. I’d happily give him 5 years if it shaves 100-150k PA off. Which I think would be a win for everyone.
Fair enough, I just don't want him locked into a contract where he'll be on the wrong side of 31 making $500k+ a year.

Seriously who says no.

Bailey Smith or Josh Dunkley to Hawthorn for Mitch Lewis and steak knives.

It's nuts that in this day and age where recruiters have a heap of talent identification resources that Hawthorn picked Lewis up with a pick in the 70s. They'd be bonkers to let him go.

It's nuts that in this day and age where recruiters have a heap of talent identification resources that Hawthorn picked Lewis up with a pick in the 70s. They'd be bonkers to let him go.
Still think it was a partial joke to start out with and he turned out to be a player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

personally, i wouldnt be paying overs for English or Dunks, happy to let them go if they get big offers.

both have limitations, Dunkley speed, kicking, English poor tap ruckman, softish, wont play forward, hard to pair with a second ruck
Who rucks when English leaves🤮🤮

personally, i wouldnt be paying overs for English or Dunks, happy to let them go if they get big offers.

both have limitations, Dunkley speed, kicking, English poor tap ruckman, softish, wont play forward, hard to pair with a second ruck
Given the difficulty we've had in attracting rucks in recent years.

Im not sure that I'd be comfortable going into next year with Sweet as the one ruckman on the list.

Seriously who says no.

dr-evil-how-about-no.gif

Who rucks when English leaves🤮🤮
Why is it a worry? English is more a ruck rover than a ruck. It’s obvious Bevo doesn’t rate ruck work anyway.
Sweet for one. Darcy in time. Get a experienced one with few years left and and vfl one.

Seriously who says no.

Me no thankyou. If jamarra is to be the player every1 thinks no point getting another forward. His time has to start next year. Bruce is back as well
Key defender is the only thing I'm trading any of our mids for.

Me no thankyou. If jamarra is to be the player every1 thinks no point getting another forward. His time has to start next year. Bruce is back as well
Key defender is the only thing I'm trading any of our mids for.
I took this into consideration.

I think it allows Naughton to go back which seriously solves our defensive issues (in my opinion - I'd like to get another interceptor, but I don't think we need to spend much for this). I don't want Naughton to go back but I'm genuinely not sure what our alternative is.

Bruce is 30 next year and is coming off a knee, pair him with Mitch Lewis and Jamarra will continue to develop. It costs us a generational midfielder, for sure, but we've got to give up to get and we aren't going to fix our woes with anything other than something we don't want to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back