Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit concerning if Geelong are interested as will. New Ford and a property deal versus decent salary :oops:
They have Stewart and de Koning, he's far more of a need to us.

Yes - but his family are from the Geelong area and Geelong are into him. We all know how this will end.
Lara.
We're at least a chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I initially gave this a "like" react, but after a few moments of contemplation, changed to a "haha." Just wanted you to know that it was very close and, what's more, this post represents the very floor of my potential "haha" range.
Thanks. It's good to know where the bar is set.

Hypothetical but say bevo gets replaced by a new coach at the end of the year. If you're the new coach where do you evaluate our window?

Would you clear the list out and reset for a push in 3-4 years or do you keep topping up bevos list to remain competitive?

Hypothetical but say bevo gets replaced by a new coach at the end of the year. If you're the new coach where do you evaluate our window?

Would you clear the list out and reset for a push in 3-4 years or do you keep topping up bevos list to remain competitive?

You can do both. You stop playing our same bottom six and find out about guys like Cleary, Buku, Bedendo etc. But also chase the Dodee types to fill a need.

We desperately need players in the age bracket of Garcia, West, Vandermeer, McNeil and Khamis pushing their way into this side and driving it forward and aside from Smith and Weightman it just isn’t happening.

At the end of this year we should really bite the bullet and take a broom to a chunk of the mid to late 20s group of players like McComb, Hannan, O’Brien, R. Smith, Crozier, McLean and Scott and wear the temporary dip in experience for the good of turning the list over.

We desperately need players in the age bracket of Garcia, West, Vandermeer, McNeil and Khamis pushing their way into this side and driving it forward and aside from Smith and Weightman it just isn’t happening.

At the end of this year we should really bite the bullet and take a broom to a chunk of the mid to late 20s group of players like McComb, Hannan, O’Brien, R. Smith, Crozier, McLean and Scott and wear the temporary dip in experience for the good of turning the list over.
Great analysis. Couldn't agree more. We need a hard reset.

We have a lot of players out of contract at the end of the year and I’d expect a big turnover. Out of those players:

Delist/Retire - McLean, O’Brien, Duryea, McComb, Roarke, Hannan, Sweet, Crozier, Keath. Loved what McLean, Duryea, Ceozier and Keath have done for the club but none fill a purpose going forward

1 Year Deal - Vandermeer, McNeil, Bruce, Bedendo, Buku, Scott

2 Year Deals - Baker, Williams, Arthur Jones

Work on the extension for English asap and front-load it

We have a lot of players out of contract at the end of the year and I’d expect a big turnover. Out of those players:

Delist/Retire - McLean, O’Brien, Duryea, McComb, Roarke, Hannan, Sweet, Crozier, Keath. Loved what McLean, Duryea, Ceozier and Keath have done for the club but none fill a purpose going forward

1 Year Deal - Vandermeer, McNeil, Bruce, Bedendo, Buku, Scott

2 Year Deals - Baker, Williams, Arthur Jones

Work on the extension for English asap and front-load it
I'd be going for a decent clean out and attempt to get a few decent picks through the door.

The bolded I would be moving on in the hope of getting some fresh faces through the door.

English, bont, naughton and Smith would be the only non-negotiables if another club came knocking for a player with the right price.

I'd be going for a decent clean out and attempt to get a few decent picks through the door.

The bolded I would be moving on in the hope of getting some fresh faces through the door.

English, bont, naughton and Smith would be the only non-negotiables if another club came knocking for a player with the right price.

Add Weightman to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back