Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doedee, Bergman and Lohmann in one trade period.
Guessing
Free Agent signing of Doedee
Brisbane First for Bergman + later picks swaps
Mid-Late Second for Lohmann
Draft Croft

Are we anticipating that we’ll have a fair amount of cap space to play with? Before the trade period, there was a realistic chance that the club was preparing to have both Dunkley & Hunter on the list for the 2023 & 2024 seasons at around a combined $1 million per season.

I’m assuming we’ve brought forward a chunk of future cap into 2023 to absorb those ‘losses’.

I don't mind the idea. Effectively you have:
Centre bounce: Macrae (HFF) / Richards (MID) / [Player X] (HBF)
Secondary stoppage: [Player X] (HFF) / Macrae (MID) / Richards (HBF)

The big question is obviously who is player X? None of our small forwards are obvious candidates to line up on the HBF for the centre bounce. Long term wouldn't mind Bedendo there - good enough overhead for the quick opposition clearance and then can easily transition forward.
Jamarra would be brilliant at this. Has the running capacity and would be a serious weapon pushing into the 50 without a defined opponent.

Doedee feels like he'll be staying in Adelaide, just driving up his price a bit.
That probably means the crows can't afford Himmelberg who would look great in our defence.

Are we anticipating that we’ll have a fair amount of cap space to play with? Before the trade period, there was a realistic chance that the club was preparing to have both Dunkley & Hunter on the list for the 2023 & 2024 seasons at around a combined $1 million per season.

I’m assuming we’ve brought forward a chunk of future cap into 2023 to absorb those ‘losses’.
Throw in Keath & Bruce’s long term decent sized contracts both ending this year IIRC?

Jamarra would be brilliant at this. Has the running capacity and would be a serious weapon pushing into the 50 without a defined opponent.
Yeah good call I could see this.

I don’t think anyone has a problem with us trialing young players in new positions of need so long as the core of the side stays the same week to week, IMO this is very different than where the angst was coming from towards Bevs scattergun selections of Treloar to HB which wasn’t a need, Hannan back, Young ruck etc etc

Playing 3 talls at both ends and experimenting with flankers week to week or trialing new players in our CB rotations, is fine by me and always has been. So long as the moves have merit towards fixing our holes and we actually give them a proper chance to succeed

After the roaring success of JOD we should get Matty Inness down to have a look at Zak Evans as another cricketing free hit. Doedee and Bergman should release lil Red into brownlow winning inside mid, and Lohman to finally add some connection between Fwd & Midfield.

Exciting off season coming up

After the roaring success of JOD we should get Matty Inness down to have a look at Zak Evans as another cricketing free hit. Doedee and Bergman should release lil Red into brownlow winning inside mid, and Lohman to finally add some connection between Fwd & Midfield.

Exciting off season coming up
Must admit, when reading that article
I thought the exact same thing

dogs have barely used the Cat B system to their advantage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a winger from Port. He went one pick before Weightman in the draft, and we were very interested. Quick, aggressive, huge leap, and good kick.
Statistically a shocking kick this year but argument from Port fans is he’s regularly taking on the difficult kick. Others have pointed out he’s still well below league average even adjusting for difficulty (however Champion Data figures that out).

Ballard from GC was awesome last night. Some people may want to focus on Rowell or Anderson; but he was easily BOG. Contested intercept marking…. He reminded me of Brian Harris (Lake).

Not that GC would consider trading him but one can dream.
He’s a very good player. Mentioned this previously but my mail was Dalrymple was disappointed with the picks we gave up for Schache as he wanted to use one on Ballard. Would have been very handy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back