Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ballard from GC was awesome last night. Some people may want to focus on Rowell or Anderson; but he was easily BOG. Contested intercept marking…. He reminded me of Brian Harris (Lake).

Not that GC would consider trading him but one can dream.
He was teriffic, very Harris-like.

Kid called Bailey Humphrey went alright for a second gamer, too. Excellent game from him.

He’s a very good player. Mentioned this previously but my mail was Dalrymple was disappointed with the picks we gave up for Schache as he wanted to use one on Ballard. Would have been very handy!
There was a crazy post somewhere here where it was suggested that Bevo and Dalrymple were against the Schache trade, but McCartney and Grant were for. If it was true, I still find the idea that a coach could be given a recycled player he doesn't want mind-boggling.

Believe it was Fronk who mentioned it, who often had good intel.

Do you know if Balta was on Dalrymple's radar/draft hit list?

There was a crazy post somewhere here where it was suggested that Bevo and Dalrymple were against the Schache trade, but McCartney and Grant were for. If it was true, I still find the idea that a coach could be given a recycled player he doesn't want mind-boggling.

That’s how I heard it too. Not sure re Balta, just know Dalrymple told them not to trade the picks and used his drafting of McLean and Dale as examples of the kind of quality players that are up for grabs for the picks we traded.

I thought it was reported that Grant and Dalrymple took over negotiations on the final day and overruled McCartney?

Either way, I'm sick of giving up second round picks

Watching a bit of the Roos this year, I mentioned last year that I'd throw some money at Zuurhar, and I would go again, particularly if the Roos don't improve. I know he'ssigned till 2024 but you never know. Have him as a massive inside bull in the middle feeding Macrae, Bont, Smith and Ads and he's still only 24.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watching a bit of the Roos this year, I mentioned last year that I'd throw some money at Zuurhar, and I would go again, particularly if the Roos don't improve. I know he'ssigned till 2024 but you never know. Have him as a massive inside bull in the middle feeding Macrae, Bont, Smith and Ads and he's still only 24.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Zurhaar is crap

Really hope Freo misses finals this year so we can take Schultz as a UFA. He’s currently number 1 for pressure in the Sydney game and has 3 goals prior to 3qtr time. Has been having a solid season so far (getting around 1.3 goals/game and great pressure numbers). Not an elite player, but would slot in really well along with Arty

Really hope Freo misses finals this year so we can take Schultz as a UFA. He’s currently number 1 for pressure in the Sydney game and has 3 goals prior to 3qtr time. Has been having a solid season so far (getting around 1.3 goals/game and great pressure numbers). Not an elite player, but would slot in really well along with Arty

I’d subscribe to this

100% agree, he’s a handy player I hope we’re getting in his ear now.

VIC boy too I think

Yeah I'm not privy to any special inside info but I thought it was common knowledge that Chris Grant took over the negotiations to land Schache.

Why bother hiring gun recruiters/list managers if you're just going to overrule them when you feel like it?

Seems like we totally destroyed the Dalrymple relationship and it's all on Grant and Bevo. Does anybody have any info to suggest otherwise?

Yeah I'm not privy to any special inside info but I thought it was common knowledge that Chris Grant took over the negotiations to land Schache.

Why bother hiring gun recruiters/list managers if you're just going to overrule them when you feel like it?

Seems like we totally destroyed the Dalrymple relationship and it's all on Grant and Bevo. Does anybody have any info to suggest otherwise?
I think all clubs have more than 1 person negotiating at times McCartney had been really incompetent with negotiating the Stringer trade. Schache was a option to bolster forward stocks and save face. The result was getting Richards in the end who is almost AA grade.

Ex Willy boy isn't he?
Our backyard.

We simply have to take one of our first rounders to draft this year. At least one of them. Some good players will be available at trade time but if we miss out I wouldn't be too upset,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A shout out to our current recruiting staff.
Many of us including myself often talk about how good Dalrymple was and rightly so.

BUT the current recruiting staff have had to deal with father son and academy player been number 1 and matching points whilst trying to improve the list etc.

To be able to get Arty Jones and see what he has done in his short career is worth noting. Not only does he fulfil a real need but he also is something we have never had just speed energy skill and X factor.
Yes still early but just look at last night what exciting times ahead.

Well done to recruiters I say

Ps JUH will be a gun his field kicking is awesome and puts the ball in the right spots.

The trade for Schache was really stupid list management. Could have taken Sam Taylor and Charlie Ballard that year and our defence would have set for 10 years.

Not saying the trade wasn’t a mistake but you can play the should have drafted this guy game every year.

My point was more that it was a really deep draft that year, and pretty much any combination of the two blokes we pick at 25 and 40 would have been a thousand times better than Schache.

Think our main focus this off season is stocking up our contested mids and wing roles

Wild that top 5 midfield has Williams and Baker as our starting wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back