Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get me Oscar Allen. Naughts can go back.
Could lose Keath and/or Bruce end of year.

You would think he will just Re-Sign with Adelaide
I spoke with his Mum last night, bit distraught and will be out for the season. He's a RFA end 2023.

Don't forget Libba did both ACLs and he's in career best form.

Apologies if this isn't the thread for this, its sort of a team management question though: Caleb Daniel, has his role changed in the last month or so? This is a Supercoach related question, he is racking up some huge numbers over the last 3 games in that format, from the Crows game onwards. Do the recent injuries to Richards etc impact Caleb? Thanks for any replies.

Apologies if this isn't the thread for this, its sort of a team management question though: Caleb Daniel, has his role changed in the last month or so? This is a Supercoach related question, he is racking up some huge numbers over the last 3 games in that format, from the Crows game onwards. Do the recent injuries to Richards etc impact Caleb? Thanks for any replies.
Dating back to the Hawks game he was pretty much the rotating 3rd inside mid. However JJ's injury, Treloar's return and Richards' injury saw him spending more time down back the past 2 weeks.

https://dfsaustralia.com/afl-cbas/?team=WBD&season=2023

That being said he has kicked a goal each of the past 3 weeks, averaged 5 plus tackles and most importantly returned to his efficient best with ball in hand.

He was played mainly in the mid rotation before JJ and Richards got hurt
Reckon you will see him return to a 80/20 defense mid role

He's certainly someone I'm considering bringing into my side, he's a pretty genuine swingman right now but with Richards and JJ injured he should be racking up a lot of ball off half back and he's very effective by foot.

Bergman shouldn't be on the radar unless we are convinced his kicking this year is an anomaly. We simply cannot continue investing resources into players who can't kick the ******* ball.

Even so he may still be a better kick than most of our list 🤪

VDM signs on til 2025.

Good. Certainly has the ability to be best 22 and has that speed we desperately need.

Looking forward to what he can bring in the back half of this year and beyond. Just needs to stay injury free.

P.S i really like him in the backline - Hope that continues.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stupid call probably but VDM reminded me of JJ in a few passages for Footscray over the past fortnight.

Was thinking the exact same thing, the dash from defence is impressive and he has a penetrating kick when he launches too. Think having the freedom back there to run and create, will get the best out of him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don't understand two years for Vanders when he has shown zero abiliy to stay healthy, would have thought one would do the trick.

Bergman shouldn't be on the radar unless we are convinced his kicking this year is an anomaly. We simply cannot continue investing resources into players who can't kick the ******* ball.
I gotta ask, who here can remember the dogs kicking for the goal's being this bad, I mean it is beyond a joke.
The last 2 games have been a horrible nightmare.

Stupid call probably but VDM reminded me of JJ in a few passages for Footscray over the past fortnight.
It was uncanny how much he looked like JJ in his draft highlights package. All the way down to that hunched over look when taking off with ball in hand. I never understood us playing him forward tbh, he might actually become a serviceable player now we’re running him through defence (fingers crossed)

I gotta ask, who here can remember the dogs kicking for the goal's being this bad, I mean it is beyond a joke.
The last 2 games have been a horrible nightmare.
We kicked more behinds than goals in 2021, although feels like we’re missing a lot more gettable shots this year and ending up with a lot of no scores, so I’m unsure how it actually compares.

We kicked more behinds than goals in 2021, although feels like we’re missing a lot more gettable shots this year and ending up with a lot of no scores, so I’m unsure how it actually compares.
I wonder if there is a stat for out on the full, directly in front....We have a few of those this year.

I like VDM as a player when he can get on the park, probably needs to be behind the ball though and not used as a forward.

But his injury record is terrible and you need players you can count on. This is baffling to extend him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back