Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would not impact our membership at all IMO.

What it would do is would send the message that the club has the b***s to make big decisions.

I’m not sold on Bailey Smith as he cannot fix his disposal by foot. It’s an indictment on him and the club that it’s still at the standard it is.
It was a joke. Not a serious post.

Was making light fun of the fact he has a massive fan base, and more social media presence than all the clubs themselves do. The club probably has extra likes and followers themselves, purely because of Smiths popularity.

It will show me that when it gets a little hard for the club to manage a player they take the easy way out and trade them
Well we’ve seen plenty of that over the years! Sometimes it’s the best course of action too.

The question is not so much “can Bailey become a good player” (I’ve no doubt it’s possible , even probable eventually) as “are we better off trading a problematic player for Gold Coast’s first pick which is likely to be about #6-8)?”

It’s not so dumb a question when you put it like that.

My preference is usually the conservative one - to work with what we’ve got - but I wouldn’t be horrified if we did that sort of trade. The last time we were that adventurous we landed a player who helped us to a flag and should have won the Norm Smith Medal.

Why are people talking about Artie Jones as if he’s successfully stepped up to the next level? He’s brought enthusiasm sure but as a footballer I’m still far from convinced and think he’s lucky to have a list spot locked in until the end of 2025.
Spot on. His form in the VFL since he went back has been far from ideal. Hope im wrong but would have be an outside chance at extending past the end of his current deal (2025 from memory)

A few weeks ago I went to Ballarat and saw first hand Baz absolutely carving up the Crows. The kid was everywhere. I went with about 5 people and we were all in awe of how well he played. He has it in him. Just in a form slump. He will work his way out of it.

Macrae/Bont/Libba/Treloar aren't going to last forever - Baz is a must keep as the next wave.

LoL

AFL Draft Expert (Chris Doerre ESPN/Knightmare)

@AFLDraftExpert
·
Follow
Bailey Smith is playing like he needs a new opportunity at a new club. A move to a competitive small market side outside Victoria may be the best place for him. He'd look good on the Suns. Few teams would be quicker to offer their first pick and then some. #AFL #AFLTrade

Robbo saying the same thing about a new environment for Baz in his likes & dislikes.

According to the Pies supporter sitting next to me on Friday night he should get a haircut.
After he said it about 10 times I said and what difference would that make & what difference would it make to you ?

He said don’t tell me you like it and I said it’s bloody magnificent.

Well we’ve seen plenty of that over the years! Sometimes it’s the best course of action too.

The question is not so much “can Bailey become a good player” (I’ve no doubt it’s possible , even probable eventually) as “are we better off trading a problematic player for Gold Coast’s first pick which is likely to be about #6-8)?”

It’s not so dumb a question when you put it like that.

My preference is usually the conservative one - to work with what we’ve got - but I wouldn’t be horrified if we did that sort of trade. The last time we were that adventurous we landed a player who helped us to a flag and should have won the Norm Smith Medal.

Didn’t he say he’d only play in Victoria at draft time.

Robbo saying the same thing about a new environment for Baz in his likes & dislikes.

According to the Pies supporter sitting next to me on Friday night he should get a haircut.
After he said it about 10 times I said and what difference would that make & what difference would it make to you ?

He said don’t tell me you like it and I said it’s bloody magnificent.
Unbelievable how the media are Baz is going through a bad patch and they carry on like he needs a new environment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back