Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our bottom 5 players are not the problem. Any swapping of those guys results in marginal improvements at best.

Our leaders kicking for goal (looking at you Bontempelli & Naughton) and losing Richards during the game had a far bigger impact.
We cant get rid of the terrible bottom 5 players because we have no decent depth to replace them with.

We cant get rid of the terrible bottom 5 players because we have no decent depth to replace them with.
Garcia injured, Buss developing. There's two I have a lot of hope for.
Charlie Clarke is behind the 8 ball after a slow pre-season start but shows some AFL traits a few times per VFL game.
Cleary shoudl get games in the second half of the year.

In any case, clubs live and die by the performances of their stars. The fringe/developing types are largely role players and support types.

The writing is on the wall for Buku. We view him as a forward, and it’d take multiple injuries for him to get a game there. JoD got in ahead of him after 3 vfl games in a different position.

Could he play in the backline and be better value than TOB? Almost definitely. But I think his papers are stamped, with JoD, Darcy, Buss, Croft to come in positions he would otherwise be playing.

How long do we persist with him? He needs to play.

It would help if we don’t continuously fu** around with his development and positioning. He’s played back and forward and chopped and changed at least 3-4 times. Meanwhile we have O’Donnell, who looks a great prospect, who’s played a total of 7 games down back, now playing forward in the seniors.

Do we start to look at trading a big name to get some young midfielders in that are quick, run both ways and hit targets? Someone like a Naughton or B Smith??? Contentious I know but we need to inject some new blood.

Do we start to look at trading a big name to get some young midfielders in that are quick, run both ways and hit targets? Someone like a Naughton or B Smith??? Contentious I know but we need to inject some new blood.
We should’ve traded B.Smith already, absolute liability by foot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t Trade Bailey Smith he is apart of our future going forward

Shattering for a guy who did one on his other leg.
We are absolutely desperate for an intercept marking 3rd defender. God we better hope JOD or Buss have a massive pre-season. TOB just isn't that guy, Gardner an honest battler, Keath and Bruce close to cooked.

I'd still seriously look at Hore in the rookie draft. He's a mature body and gets a one year deal to at least push for a spot.
Doedee was able to run after the incident and they were thinking about letting him back on.

Hopefully it is good news. There have been cases of players playing out the game with ACL tears.

Bailey’s frustratingly inconsistent but he’s our only decent midfielder under 27. Would much rather trade one of our talls if we were going for a big return

The writing is on the wall for Buku. We view him as a forward, and it’d take multiple injuries for him to get a game there. JoD got in ahead of him after 3 vfl games in a different position.

Could he play in the backline and be better value than TOB? Almost definitely. But I think his papers are stamped, with JoD, Darcy, Buss, Croft to come in positions he would otherwise be playing.
He has played 9 games in 5 years thus far. If he was going to make it he would have by now.

I’m not against doing that, but trading younger players is not the way to go.

At the end of this season, Libba is 31, Treloar is 30, Macrae is 29, Bont is 28 and Daniel is 27. Those are our main centre bounce mids (plus Smith). If you’re wanting new blood, one or some of these blokes would need to make way (and it definitely won’t be Libba or Bont).

Our talls aren’t really worth trading since English, Darcy, JUH and Naughton are our future, Lobb and Jones only just came in and Keath, Gardner, TOB and Bruce all hold little or no value.

I don't understand the people calling for Buku to be delisted. He has so much talent, should be getting games before the likes of O'Brien, O'Donnell, Hannan, McNeil and McComb even if the rumors about his tank are true.
I absolutely agree with this should be played in defence we have a thousand forwards,
2024 Best 22?
FF: Jones Lobb Darcy
HF: Macrae JUH Weightman
C: Williams Bont Baker*
HB: Dale Naughton Richards
FB: JJ Jones Busslinger
R: English Libba Treloar
INT: Smith Cleary Daniel* Scott*

*Really need a better option for these players. Daniel gets exposed too often due to lack of leg speed. Baker is good but we need better. Scott I like but really need another CB midfielder. I wouldn’t delist Scott, he is solid but not spectacular.

The quicker we get to this squad the better. Busslinger can kick, which is a key attribute for a defender.
This team would win more games than the one we put out every week for sure

Where's croft gonna go in the draft. We may end up having to package up our 2 first rounders for something higher up to avoid one of them coming when he's bid on

2024 Best 22?
FF: Jones Lobb Darcy
HF: Macrae JUH Weightman
C: Williams Bont Baker*
HB: Dale Naughton Richards
FB: JJ Jones Busslinger
R: English Libba Treloar
INT: Smith Cleary Daniel* Scott*

*Really need a better option for these players. Daniel gets exposed too often due to lack of leg speed. Baker is good but we need better. Scott I like but really need another CB midfielder. I wouldn’t delist Scott, he is solid but not spectacular.

The quicker we get to this squad the better. Busslinger can kick, which is a key attribute for a defender.
One tall too many in that forward line. We need to pull a small forward out of our ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back