Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Having a think about it how sure are we Hawks take Duursma 🥲 Watson is a bloody good fit for them. Bruest finishing up, Brockman gone. Need forwards and lots of em and he suits their style. Surely we’re pretty sure they don’t take him, I’d be okay with Duursma but pretty spewing to be honest

Based on doing this trade we must happy with any of McKercher, Watson, Duursma or Curtin

How? We no longer have a future first, so we can’t trade any futures except what we got from the Suns.

When we take pick 4 and then Croft in the first round, the AFL will more than likely green light additional trades of futures because all we have done is move next years F1 into this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be part of the thinking in getting rid of F1 too if it's at risk of getting eaten into.

Assume it's on the basis of being almost free/3rd rounder.

How do we get back in? An F2 and two F3s are all we have.
And we can't trade those picks under AFL rules I thought?
Must hold either a F1 or an F2 & F3

When we take pick 4 and then Croft in the first round, the AFL will more than likely green light additional trades of futures because all we have done is move next years F1 into this year.

Good point. Pretty much impossible to argue it's protecting us from not taking 1st round picks.

Harmes has a 3 year + 4th year offer from Dogs

Weighing up two other offers

Dogs will be paying full contract so likely moved pretty cheapy if he picks us

My guess would be
Sweet to Port
Dogs get F3rd

Saints get F3
Dogs get Coffield

Dogs trade Gold coast F3 for Harmes
As it stands Port can't trade out a future third since they traded their first.

Yuck, Reid is good but he’s getting horrendously overhyped by some. I’m not even convinced he’s the best player in this draft (that being Walter). I’d take 3 & 4 every day of the week
Ditto.
Jed Walter first and I wouldn't be surprised if McKercher ends up better than Reid in a few years' time

It's not the "must use x first rounders in y years" rule I'm worried about, it's the "must either have a future first, or a future second and third" rule.

It's not the "must use x first rounders in y years" rule I'm worried about, it's the "must either have a future first, or a future second and third" rule.

Cant remember the club, but a few years ago an exemption was given for this exact scenario. In the end rules have enough grey in them to allow the AFL to stop a club from doing something stupid but we can definitely point to having the pick of the top end of the draft the last few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question to those a little closer to the machinations; is there a chance that Power is playing 4d chess? Trading our F1 this year for value, then doing it again next year to protect / set us up for our FS bidding in 2025? My understanding is that the 2025 FS list is fairly strong. Or am I reading WAY too much into these things?

Cant remember the club, but a few years ago an exemption was given for this exact scenario. In the end rules have enough grey in them to allow the AFL to stop a club from doing something stupid but we can definitely point to having the pick of the top end of the draft the last few years.

Geelong rings a bell for some reason.

Was it when they got Patty ??

Now we have pick 4 (6) I have done definitive research* on our options.

Reid and Walter, no chance.

McKercher, Watson, Duursma and Curtin are all mofo guns and will improve us massively.

I hope it's only out of these 6 them I am stoked. Sanders will have a good career but I don't want a Wines/Macrae type player for our list.

I've been sold on McKercher and Watson for a while. But Duursma and Curtin sound damn good too!

*2 full hours on YouTube!

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back