Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And be mindful of your spelling

Sauce
71dCoLAWz1L.jpg

Source

View attachment 1791210
Thats a long running Bigfooty joke that even pre-dates my time here.

I dislike the creeping Americanism ‘bad actors’ . Bad actors are in movies , not terrorists. Unless they’re a bad actor playing a terrorist ? I was annoyed to hear Philip Adams use the term on ‘Late Night Live’ but maybe he was being sardonic.

I’m no fan of ‘learnings’ , but it’s quickly become common usage and that’s how language evolves . Learning is the present participle of the verb ‘to learn ‘ and not a noun. Adding an ‘s’ has somehow made into a plural noun , but we rarely hear of a singular learning .

Disinterested is used so often instead of uninterested these days ; I’m almost ready to let that one go.

I dislike the creeping Americanism ‘bad actors’ . Bad actors are in movies , not terrorists. Unless they’re a bad actor playing a terrorist ? I was annoyed to hear Philip Adams use the term on ‘Late Night Live’ but maybe he was being sardonic.

I’m no fan of ‘learnings’ , but it’s quickly become common usage and that’s how language evolves . Learning is the present participle of the verb ‘to learn ‘ and not a noun. Adding an ‘s’ has somehow made into a plural noun , but we rarely hear of a singular learning .

Disinterested is used so often instead of uninterested these days ; I’m almost ready to let that one go.

Speaking of Americanisms, watch some old footy replays from the 70s and 80s and notice that not a single player has a shot 'on' goal. Plenty of them have shots 'at' goal, though. The abandonment of this perfectly fine preposition is one of the more needless and mystifying changes to the football lexicon. I think that Bruce McAvaney might be responsible. Hearing 'on goal' is still fingernails down the blackboard territory for me.

FUTURE PICKS REQUIRED FOR TRADE UP​

CLUBS will consider dangling their future first-round picks to help break into the top end of this year's draft with a standout group of prospects emerging.

The top 10 picks of this year's draft have been set after the end of the home and away season but there is still expected to be plenty of movement, with Gold Coast to trade out its pick No.4, West Coast listening to offers on No.1, North Melbourne looking at ways to creep up from No.2 and a potential draft compensation pick coming in for Ben McKay.

Outside of the points-hunting Suns, clubs don't expect that bundling first-round picks with second-round picks will see any clubs interested in backing out of the top 10, with the likelihood that future first-round would be required to jump into the top echelon of the draft.
How do you creep up from pick 2?

Biscuits NOT cookies FFS!!!

I've heard we have spoken to Stewie Dew, have you heard this?
Sorry for the delay on this one

I haven't been told anything about Dew coming to us

But a few posters linked him a month or two back

If the Hawthorn offer is legit that’d give Geelong first round compensation surely?

7 and 8 for Baz and 10 who says no 🙃
Man we just got through the Geelong generation getting a huge helping hand picking up Tom Hawkins (consensus #1 pick) for a 3rd rounder and allowing them to use their first rounder on Selwood. Then the rules changed and we had to use a 1st rounder on Ayce Cordy 😫.

As soon as Selwood retires they get pick #7 for taking on Jack Bowes’ contract and now might get pick #8 for Esava *ing Ratugolea. I get we’ve had some luck with Treloar, Marra, Darcy but talk about being kissed on the *!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man we just got through the Geelong generation getting a huge helping hand picking up Tom Hawkins (consensus #1 pick) for a 3rd rounder and allowing them to use their first rounder on Selwood. Then the rules changed and we had to use a 1st rounder on Ayce Cordy 😫.

As soon as Selwood retires they get pick #7 for taking on Jack Bowes’ contract and now might get pick #8 for Esava *ing Ratugolea. I get we’ve had some luck with Treloar, Marra, Darcy but talk about being kissed on the *!

More chance of Danny Southern coaching us next year than cats getting pick 8 for Ratugolea.

Likely true. But the Hawks rumors of offerinig him a massive contract pushing near a million a year would surely come close to passing as band one compensation? McKay is rumored to be offered less, yet people seem so certain he will net North pick 3.

He ain’t a free agent mate. Yes it’s a stupid offer, but don’t you need to spend a certain amount in your cap?

If North get Sanders, Pick 3, and Geelong gets pick 8 to go next to pick 7. It will hurt us a lot. As I expect 3 or 4 teams ahead of us to target a MID. So could be a year where what we thought was a decent draft hand, ends up being a crap one with all our picks pushed out to the mid teens to early 20s thanks to a compromised as draft. Really feels like a late first rounder and a early second rounder than two first round picks.

Whilst seeing all the best MIDS getting taken before us. We will be left with the scraps at the back end of the first round.

Off-season has not began, and already feels like it will be as deflating as the season itself.

Why get down about missing out on a mid. There are three high end KPD prospects. One will go top 2 and one of the other two will then slip to us….

I am not fussed about some of the midfielders who go before our picks. IF there is a run, we will actually be better off.

The strength of the draft is the top 10 and then the evenness in the 40+ range. Which is not a good sign for those picks in the middle.

He ain’t a free agent mate. Yes it’s a stupid offer, but don’t you need to spend a certain amount in your cap?
Cap doesn't stop some clubs over spending on ordinary players. Thankfully we are not one of those types for now. We could be Essendon.

Would we trade Bailey Smith and our first for Harley Reid? I reckon I would.

Would we trade Bailey Smith and our first for Harley Reid? I reckon I would.
Eagles would be better off just taking Reid in that scenario.

Plus if they pass on Reid, it will only be if they are guaranteed Curtain. Leaves Roos as the team with the only real chance at this point in time. Would have to be an absolute motherlode of a deal to make them budge on picking either of those two.

Didn't saints try to ship off Clark last year? Should the dogs go after him since he OoC?
They wanted to trade Clark and their first rounder for North's first.

I asked a saints mate about him and was told he's "just a player".
I'd rather hit the draft TBH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back