Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here hope it helps

Kuwarna- Adelaide
Walyalup- Fremantle
Narrm - Melbourne
Euro - Yroke - St.Kilda
Waalitj Marawar - West Coast
I find this the biggest load of bullcrap when they list the teams as this and esp when the commentators say it broadcasting

Would be interested in seeing how Arty goes as a defender next year
Reckon he has the smarts to find that role more comfortable
D Rioli
Keath hitting form has transformed us down back and shows the value of experience as a defender. I wouldn't be against looking at Nick Haynes at the end of the year as a low cost high reward option
I don't see a world where Bont shares the tossing of the coin on game days though with him, perhaps he can let him toss them during training :smiley::smile:

Keath hitting form has transformed us down back and shows the value of experience as a defender. I wouldn't be against looking at Nick Haynes at the end of the year as a low cost high reward option
Unless GWS pay some of his salary he'd be our highest paid player, he's heavily back ended.
And he takes ages to get boot to ball these days when he gets it.

I'm in the "hell no" camp.

Unless GWS pay some of his salary he'd be our highest paid player, he's heavily back ended.
And he takes ages to get boot to ball these days when he gets it.

I'm in the "hell no" camp.
Haynes is out of contract and a free agent at the end of the season but it's still a no from me.

Sorry to intrude guys, but where do you guys think Bailey smith will land at seasons end? Or do you guys think he’ll re-sign?

Mods if this doesn’t belong here please delete it.

Sorry to intrude guys, but where do you guys think Bailey smith will land at seasons end? Or do you guys think he’ll re-sign?

Likely Collingwood or G/ Pong.
Will leave us and I'm not too bothered.

I've just got a 3 day old grand son .
Give me Bailey and another cup before I leave any day.
Cheers
Stephen

Yep. Salary wise, he is getting his fill this year. All 1.3 million of it back ended.

If we were to grab him as a FA for 350-400k x2 years I wouldn’t be upset.

The Bont nearly murdered him - there is no chance he comes to the dogs.

Tongue in cheek of course - it was totally accidental, but the plastics chose to see it differently.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Bont nearly murdered him - there is no chance he comes to the dogs.

Tongue in cheek of course - it was totally accidental, but the plastics chose to see it differently.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Toady will Toady...

Actually, if Haynes did come to the Dogs Grubby might protect his space into Hayne's face as punishment. Or worse...🤕

He'll look great in brown and gold. Will accept pick 10-12ish. Where can I sign?

Last edited:
I've just got a 3 day old grand son .
Give me Bailey and another cup before I leave any day.
Cheers
Stephen
Congratulations!

I assume he has a choice between supporting the Bulldogs, and eating?

All oppo fans id say are welcome mate! And you asked a very reasonable question.

I think it’s out of hawthorn or Geelong.

At this point in time I believe it's either us or the Hawks and it's more in the Hawks favor.

Fox Footy Article

YOUNG DOG HEADLINES QUARTET URGED TO BE MADE A PRIORITY

While there has been constant media speculation over star Bulldogs duo Bailey Smith and Tim English, a Bulldogs quartet have been flagged as a focus that the club simply must invest in before the year’s end.
Captain Marcus Bontempelli alongside young guns Sam Darcy, Ed Richards and Cody Weightman are all out of contract at the end of 2025, and have been labelled as the core four that must be attended to sooner rather than later by Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle panellists Jay Clark, Sam Landsberger and Lauren Wood.

“It’s the four big guns who are due out of contract next year - Sam Darcy, Marcus Bontempelli, Ed Richards and Cody Weightman – and it’s pretty clear that these guys are the ones they need to lock away; I expect the wheels to get really turning quite quickly on these so they’re locked away before the new year even arrives,” Clark reported on Wednesday night.

“Darcy, Bontempelli, Richards and Weightman combined - those four players are expected to cost the club $3 million; so when we talk about Bailey Smith and Tim English and not overpaying them in the short term, they need to keep some pennies under their mattress (and) save some cash for these other four players.” Ralph then went on to value Bontempelli at one million dollars, Darcy at $800-900k, as well as Weightman and Richards between $650-750k.
However, Landsberger was quick to point out his disbelief at the price of one young gun.

“I reckon you’ve undervalued Sam Darcy straight away right there; he’s kicked 23 goals this year, the same amount as Jeremy Cameron… we talk about long-term about who could be the first $2 million player, he’s a man that could absolutely be in that ballpark,” Landsberger responded.

Clark then floated the idea of a shorter-term contract given his potential to grow in value exponentially in the coming years – a move not often seen with rising stars across the league.

“Maybe that is slightly conservative, but maybe that’s why he only signs a short-term deal… because it’s such a steep trajectory, rather than lock away for a Nick Daicos-style seven, eight, nine-year deal – just a two-year deal for him?” replied Clark.

“Surely if you’re Sam Darcy, it is really only that two or three-year job at this point to really cash in if things go to plan later on,” Wood added.

Should the Dogs prioritise the signatures of the aforementioned quartet, it would put the priority of signing stars Tim English and Bailey Smith four steps back, and could leave them even more vulnerable than they already are to leave the club.

“There’s no way the Dogs will be blowing the bank on those two (Smith and English), because they’ve got these other four,” Clark ended by saying.

Bailey Smith has been strongly linked to Collingwood and Geelong, while English comes from Western Australia – and could be well suited to the West Coast Eagles.

Fox Footy Article

While there has been constant media speculation over star Bulldogs duo Bailey Smith and Tim English, a Bulldogs quartet have been flagged as a focus that the club simply must invest in before the year’s end.
Captain Marcus Bontempelli alongside young guns Sam Darcy, Ed Richards and Cody Weightman are all out of contract at the end of 2025, and have been labelled as the core four that must be attended to sooner rather than later by Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle panellists Jay Clark, Sam Landsberger and Lauren Wood.

“It’s the four big guns who are due out of contract next year - Sam Darcy, Marcus Bontempelli, Ed Richards and Cody Weightman – and it’s pretty clear that these guys are the ones they need to lock away; I expect the wheels to get really turning quite quickly on these so they’re locked away before the new year even arrives,” Clark reported on Wednesday night.

“Darcy, Bontempelli, Richards and Weightman combined - those four players are expected to cost the club $3 million; so when we talk about Bailey Smith and Tim English and not overpaying them in the short term, they need to keep some pennies under their mattress (and) save some cash for these other four players.” Ralph then went on to value Bontempelli at one million dollars, Darcy at $800-900k, as well as Weightman and Richards between $650-750k.
However, Landsberger was quick to point out his disbelief at the price of one young gun.

“I reckon you’ve undervalued Sam Darcy straight away right there; he’s kicked 23 goals this year, the same amount as Jeremy Cameron… we talk about long-term about who could be the first $2 million player, he’s a man that could absolutely be in that ballpark,” Landsberger responded.

Clark then floated the idea of a shorter-term contract given his potential to grow in value exponentially in the coming years – a move not often seen with rising stars across the league.

“Maybe that is slightly conservative, but maybe that’s why he only signs a short-term deal… because it’s such a steep trajectory, rather than lock away for a Nick Daicos-style seven, eight, nine-year deal – just a two-year deal for him?” replied Clark.

“Surely if you’re Sam Darcy, it is really only that two or three-year job at this point to really cash in if things go to plan later on,” Wood added.

Should the Dogs prioritise the signatures of the aforementioned quartet, it would put the priority of signing stars Tim English and Bailey Smith four steps back, and could leave them even more vulnerable than they already are to leave the club.

“There’s no way the Dogs will be blowing the bank on those two (Smith and English), because they’ve got these other four,” Clark ended by saying.

Bailey Smith has been strongly linked to Collingwood and Geelong, while English comes from Western Australia – and could be well suited to the West Coast Eagles.

The mid week tackle has got to be the worst show going around. Wild speculation sold as news.

Fox Footy Article

What on earth did I just read…

Club needs $3m to fit 4 players in…

Must just be the doggies with players out of contract it seems.

Fox Footy Article

THANKS Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle . I hope that the club reads this and then pulls its head out of its arse as its clearly sleeping on the job, seemingly unaware of this looming catastrophe.

SOMEBODY.jpg

Do something Sam Powers!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back