Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

The mid week tackle has got to be the worst show going around. Wild speculation sold as news.

All Hun journalists. Say no more. It's what they do. Not a shred of truth and not news, just 'entertainment'.

What gets me is these desk jockey journalists are so full of their own importance they think they know list management and players worth more than the people at the club doing that job full time. That takes a hell of an ego.

Imagine if Power watched or read their BS he would just giggle.

Last edited:
All Hun journalists. Say no more. It's what they do. Not a shred of truth and not news, just 'entertainment'.

What gets me is these desk jockey journalists are so full of their own importance they think they know list management and players worth more than the people at the club doing that job full time. That takes a hell of an ego.

Imagine if Power watched or read their BS he would just giggle.
And then it makes its way into the news cycle and becomes ‘fact’ with people that don’t know any better. This new ‘situation’ was mentioned in the triple m news bulletin yesterday already. I can see sadness in Landsbergers eyes when he has been on it.

If we could turn Bailey into a gun fullback for the next 12 years I'd sign tomorrow.

Especially with Ed showing he can be a gun mid.

Easier said than done.
I'm confident Buss can become that guy.
IF we can keep him. I'm not convinced we do

And then it makes its way into the news cycle and becomes ‘fact’ with people that don’t know any better. This new ‘situation’ was mentioned in the triple m news bulletin yesterday already. I can see sadness in Landsbergers eyes when he has been on it.

You just have to be like Ralph and talk absolute bull**** but say it with enough authority so it seems like you know what you're talking about.

Also knowing that the news cycle moves at such a pace that if what you say turns out to be garbage and incorrect likely you won't get called out.

But if you are called out, you can just defer to the old 'well, that's what I believed/that was the situation at the time' and you're off the hook. Who needs credibility anyway, eh? I mean Caroline Wilson has survived without it for years.

That's the business model of Hun
'journalists' and a growing number of others in a nutshell. Bull** then some more and if you're called out bull** to get out of it.

So what we end up with is this now year long trade and free agency media feeding frenzy where churnalists whip themselves up over non existent player moves fed by self interested player agents. They do this though because they know the slightest morsel will get clicks.

Cynical, disingenuous garbage.

Last edited:
I feel like we've saved a bit of coin here
Hopefully, feels like Cleary and co are clutching at straws when they say English is deciding between us and the Eagles, just don't see West Coast splashing the required overs to pry him out (which would be around $1.2m per year over minimum 5 years).

You just have to be like Ralph and talk absolute bull**** but say it with enough authority so it seems like you know what you're talking about.

Sadly, this is now a proven model in all competitive walks of life. Politics is the most disturbing one. I can walk away from Ralphy but, whether we listen to them or not, politicians affect every day of our lives. And they get away with this BS all the time. The extreme exemplar is a certain bloke running for POTUS this year but make no mistake he has his imitators all over the world, including here.

The loudest, most brazen get the rewards. Truth and the public good are the casualties.

What on earth did I just read…

Club needs $3m to fit 4 players in…

Must just be the doggies with players out of contract it seems.
That has got to be the stupidest discussion possible.

Every team good players coming out of contract on a rolling, year-by-year basis.

We have to find the money ... to pay good players ... even though we are already paying them ... and fitting them into the salary cap?

Brisbane have to find $3 million to pay for Raynder, Daniher, Andrews and Lohmann in 2025 ... how will they afford it?
Carlton have to find $3 million to pay for Cerra, Weitering, McGovern and de Koning in 2025 ... how will they afford it?

and so on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully, feels like Cleary and co are clutching at straws when they say English is deciding between us and the Eagles, just don't see West Coast splashing the required overs to pry him out (which would be around $1.2m per year over minimum 5 years).
Not with Williams showing a bit this year and Flynn back on the paddock, no.

Also knowing that the news cycle moves at such a pace that if what you say turns out to be garbage and incorrect likely you won't get called out.

But if you are called out, you can just defer to the old 'well, that's what I believed/that was the situation at the time' and you're off the hook. Who needs credibility anyway, eh? I mean Caroline Wilson has survived without it for years.

That's the business model if Hun
'journalists' and a growing number of others in a nutshell. Bull** then some more and if you're called out bull** to get out of it.

So what we end up with is this now year long trade and free agency media feeding frenzy where churnalists whipping themselves up over non existent player moves fed by self interested player agents. They do this though because they know the slightest morsel will get clicks.

I feel you might be a suitable recruit for my "germalist" and "commentatoe" campaign.

It's subversive if that helps ....

offer him midfield mins and a good pay check, Josh Rachele would look great in the RW&B
I don't believe this is the path...offering midfield minutes. You have to earn midfield minutes....like everything else.

The best you can say is the opportunity exists....if your good and dedicated enough. I want guys traded in who will accept and rise the to the challenge without any expectation of a guarantee.

Which, incidently, is exactly what I think we've said to Smith with a 2yr deal after he reportedly wants more midfield minutes. That effectively you can FRO if you think that is going to be a guaranteed part of the deal.

Last edited:
Adelaides midfield is rubbish. If Rachele can't get midfield minutes there he's definitely not getting them at the Dogs.

I'd like him as a mid-forward for sure, but I get the impression that's not what he wants and he was a midfielder as a junior so that's fair enough.

Pass.

Adelaides midfield is rubbish. If Rachele can't get midfield minutes there he's definitely not getting them at the Dogs.

I'd like him as a mid-forward for sure, but I get the impression that's not what he wants and he was a midfielder as a junior so that's fair enough.

Pass.
Didn't Jake "No Tank" Stringer also want midfield minutes?

I work with his family, even met Rachele a few times.
I can tell you now, he misses Victoria, alot.

Not doubting your sources, but contracted until 2029 probably makes things a bit trickier and/or more expensive

Remove this Banner Ad

Back