Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

That has got to be the stupidest discussion possible.

Every team good players coming out of contract on a rolling, year-by-year basis.

We have to find the money ... to pay good players ... even though we are already paying them ... and fitting them into the salary cap?

Brisbane have to find $3 million to pay for Raynder, Daniher, Andrews and Lohmann in 2025 ... how will they afford it?
Carlton have to find $3 million to pay for Cerra, Weitering, McGovern and de Koning in 2025 ... how will they afford it?

and so on

Once again, this is stupid journalists being drip fed by self interested player agents angling for a better deal for their players.

Of course these agents want to make out the clubs are in chaos trying to fit the proverbial square pegs in round holes with their cap. Serves their interests by putting pressure on clubs through the media and around and around we go.

Adelaides midfield is rubbish. If Rachele can't get midfield minutes there he's definitely not getting them at the Dogs.

I'd like him as a mid-forward for sure, but I get the impression that's not what he wants and he was a midfielder as a junior so that's fair enough.

Pass.
I agree Rachele is soft as.

Didn't Jake "No Tank" Stringer also want midfield minutes?
Jakey Boy is like that lumbering NBA centre he wants more post touches. The coach writes up a few plays for him at the start of the game to shut him up and then moves away from him. Scott does similar with Stringer, few centre bounces to kick off each quarter and then back to the forward line. I had to double check his stats, you would think he was 25 and 2 each game by the way commentators carry on about how well he is playing, but no its the standard fill your boots up on crap teams.

Would rather take Borlase from Crows. Competitive and decent defender. Free Agent.
He definitely looks the part, strong, tall and not a complete statue when they ball hits the ground.

If Rory Lobb wants a trade to another club at the end of the year, I want to be the one who offers him a lift to make sure he gets there. FFS.

If Rory Lobb wants a trade to another club at the end of the year, I want to be the one who offers him a lift to make sure he gets there. FFS.

Caleb can join him, offers nothing anymore. I know he loves the club but he can't even hit targets and that was his strength.

McNeil, Lobb, khamis and Daniel are all just clogging a spot. They aren't contributing and haven't got any upside left in them.

Sorry, Caleb, but it's time to go.

Sadly, this is now a proven model in all competitive walks of life. Politics is the most disturbing one. I can walk away from Ralphy but, whether we listen to them or not, politicians affect every day of our lives. And they get away with this BS all the time. The extreme exemplar is a certain bloke running for POTUS this year but make no mistake he has his imitators all over the world, including here.

The loudest, most brazen get the rewards. Truth and the public good are the casualties.
Just Wow.
People complain about the paid media, on a website where people pretend they are paid media, and someone users an AFL Trade thread to complain about politics.
Politics about a Country they don't even live in.
Just Wow

Daniel, can’t find the football and can’t hit targets.

Offers nothing. Would be lucky to get a token pick in the 70s to offload his salary.
I just don't get the drop off of CD.

How does he go to the best target finder and kick in the league to.. ''lets get rid of him for pick 70'' - his not even 30 ffs, should be at his peak.

How does he go to the best target finder and kick in the league to.. ''lets get rid of him for pick 70'' - his not even 30 ffs, should be at his peak.
It's a mystery to me too. The best I can think of is that over a number of years clubs have worked out how to take advantage of his shortness of stature and lack of burst pace (he can run all day though).

Word gets around the traps, clubs play through him and eventually Bevo realises he can no longer play him in the HB role that won him an AA blazer. But his lack of stature can't be hidden and the same counter-measures follow him around.

I suspect there's also been a corresponding decline in confidence which won't have helped. His taking advantage and snapping (and missing) from a tight angle when JUH had a set shot from 30 out was just another sign that his head is not in a good place at the moment. He has always had great composure in the past. He will still be burning up inside for having done that to his team and to Marra.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its been happening far too often since 2016. So many players just dropped off a cliff. Don't think this happens to other clubs as often as it does for us. Really says something about the place

Stringer, JJ, Macrae, Daniel, Williams, Crozier, B.Smith, Wallis, McLean, Dahl, Roughead, English have all had their times falling off for various reasons but that's a lot of telent to go missing at times and no wonder we've been average since.

No one knows what the hell is wrong with Daniel but this his is the first season he has been really poor and people here are ready to toss him aside.
I agree it's his first poor season but it's as alarming as it was unexpected.

He finished fourth in the B&F last year. It wasn't just the club that thought he was going well. So did we. Between Rounds 7 and 19 he polled Ching votes in seven games including two BoGs and two second-best on ground. He finished 5th overall in the Ching.

This year he wouldn't have got a single Ching vote in his 9 senior games.

I can't see him leaving. But it's sad to see the decline. I hope he can re-invent himself in some useful role.

I agree it's his first poor season but it's as alarming as it was unexpected.

He finished fourth in the B&F last year. It wasn't just the club that thought he was going well. So did we. Between Rounds 7 and 19 he polled Ching votes in seven games including two BoGs and two second-best on ground. He finished 5th overall in the Ching.

This year he wouldn't have got a single Ching vote in his 9 senior games.

I can't see him leaving. But it's sad to see the decline. I hope he can re-invent himself in some useful role.

He played well last year as a midfielder but he’s lost that role to Gallagher, Sanders and others. He just doesn’t have a clear role in the side any more and it shows in how he plays.

We aren’t doing him any favours with how we’re using him. Stuck on an island out on the wing when he does his best work in traffic

Daniel on wing doesn’t work, he isn’t quick enough and when he gets it doesn’t run with ball and disposal has fallen off, would prefer to persist with Poulter in firsts in that position. Neither is he a mid or small forward and we have plenty of small backs, as a former AA he should be first picked there but isn’t good enough at the moment.

On the plus side the new players blooded this year look ok.

Freijah is ok, had good game sense for a first year player and good disposal, will be a few ups and downs but think he can make it.

Gallagher moves ok for a 20yo in year 1, disposals shaky at time, probably needs to go back to 2s at some point to work on some things but has pace and finds ball.

Sanders has the goods, is a little slow but once he gets more size will be a decent player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back