Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

The only WTF moment I had with Lobb yesterday was when he decided to roost the ball from the goalsquare to the middle of the ground, only for it to be marked by a Swan. That was off script and I was not impressed!
I don't think it was off script at all. He tried the same in the Port game and possibly one other time. It would have been an instruction but the guys up the ground weren't 100% prepared for it.

The only WTF moment I had with Lobb yesterday was when he decided to roost the ball from the goalsquare to the middle of the ground, only for it to be marked by a Swan. That was off script and I was not impressed!
That couldn't be a more 'on-script' moment. It was clearly a designed play call, it just didn't pay off. Either the kick didn't end up where it needed to (it's hard to pinpoint a torp) or the players up the field didn't get the numbers they needed to the contest.

Yep, he's backed himself in only signing for 2. If it keeps going like the past 3 weeks the offers coming his way will unprecedented.
I hate to keep going on about this ….But
If we lose Marra or another gun because we have invested too much in a broken down Barass, well I think I will use some “ potty mouth” language as my dear grandmother used to say.

Not on Lobb at all clearly a designed play as we’ve tried it twice players need to set up better up the ground

I have been told by a trusted source that Barrass has officially told the Eagles that he'd like to be traded to the Hawks.

Hawthorn have offered Barrass somewhere around 800k per year over four years with triggers for a fifth season.
Barrass's management told the Eagles he would stay if they got to within 20% of the Hawks offer but they refused.

I have been told by a trusted source that Barrass has officially told the Eagles that he'd like to be traded to the Hawks.

Hawthorn have offered Barrass somewhere around 800k per year over four years with triggers for a fifth season.
Barrass's management told the Eagles he would stay if they got to within 20% of the Hawks offer but they refused.
Hopefully it ends up like the Wingard trade

Are they still going for Battle as well?

Fantastic news

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The media said we were the front runner so I don’t know what changed by then
The Hawks didn't have a figure in front of this time last week, initially were just fishing to see if he was interested in the Bulldogs or Victoria in general.
Are they still going for Battle as well?
Yes definitely still going for Battle. Barrass as a true key back and Battle as the interceptor. Looks like they will play Sicily forward more next year after toying with it late in games this season.

If we assume Dogs have offered around the same money I wonder how he views Hawks to the Dogs over next 4 to 5 years

The Hawks didn't have a figure in front of this time last week, initially were just fishing to see if he was interested in the Bulldogs or Victoria in general.

Yes definitely still going for Battle. Barrass as a true key back and Battle as the interceptor. Looks like they will play Sicily forward more next year after toying with it late in games this season.
Any idea what our offer was?

Almost identical. If I had to Hazard a guess I'd say his management would've steered him towards the Hawks given they have more assets to work with rather then waiting to see if English moves and waiting to see what we get for Smith.
Barrass manager does work for Connor’s sports they do have a history picking a club that has the assets to get the deal done

If Barrass is out of the Eagles you can bet your bottom dollar they’ll up their offer to Tim. Who else are they paying? They can front load the living fuuuuurg out of his contract and give up no assets to get him.

6 years at a mil a year is very doable for WCE.
They do 1.8 a year for the first two years followed by 600k a year the 4 after that. Protects them from a concussion stand point and limits the risk drastically.

If Barrass is out of the Eagles you can bet your bottom dollar they’ll up their offer to Tim. Who else are they paying? They can front load the living fuuuuurg out of his contract and give up no assets to get him.

6 years at a mil a year is very doable for WCE.
They do 1.8 a year for the first two years followed by 600k a year the 4 after that. Protects them from a concussion stand point and limits the risk drastically.
We only need to match the years and total dollars.

Please be true.

Only bad part is if he does well for Hawks they will be a contender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back