Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riley Beveridge on Gettable said Garcia is pretty much gone. Cal Twomey then said Geelong a chance for Macrae and Caleb will probably go towards the end of trade period.

English still favourite to stay but wet toast offer is tempting. Smith gone Geelong still favourite but Hawthorn with their "we want everyone " is still around
If Doggy didn’t come in here and repeat the rubbish we would all be better for it imho.

Somebody much smarter than me, should run a season long spreadsheet on the hit miss ratio based on the speculation of the likes Getable and all the other content creator first, trade experts second out there.

These guys get to say things without anybody actually keeping score. A player they've speculated about all season re-signs. No problem. On to the next one.
I'm not smarter than you but I did it for you: 0%

Somebody much smarter than me, should run a season long spreadsheet on the hit miss ratio based on the speculation of the likes Getable and all the other content creator first, trade experts second out there.

These guys get to say things without anybody actually keeping score. A player they've speculated about all season re-signs. No problem. On to the next one.
When AFL media is run by clowns, expect a circus.

Just listened to the Gettable ep and they spent all of 14secs talking about Garcia. Basically Port and WC interested. “Has links back to WA, out of contract and unable to crack the midfield at the dogs, I’d expect him to be on the move”.

Good chance he goes but doesn’t sound like it’s is a foregone conclusion at this stage. Still time for Riley to get a look in over the next 4 weeks + finals. He’s the perfect age profile and, IMO, will only continue to develop so let’s hope he’s given the opportunity and grasps it.

It's what they do. If a player is unsigned. He's out the door.

Until he isn't.

Their lack of accountability is why I'm so skeptical about anything they say.
Like the clock strikes 12 every 12 hours, yet posters here still despair over the apparent loss when other than the odd exception rarely does more than 1 quality player leave a club in any one year unless they are near the bottom

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Doggy didn’t come in here and repeat the rubbish we would all be better for it imho.
He is just reporting things that AFL accredited journalists have said. They may not be right at the end of the trade period but that is what they have said.

Keep your personal dislike of other users out of this thread. Not your first time.

Im sure you are and thanks. You've confirmed all of my suspicions about their hit rate.

That the most AFLMedia thing Ive ever seen.

I’d love to have a job that I can put bets on each-way and still come out the other side looking competent and probably well-paid, regardless what was said and what happens.

That’s the dream…

Inside Trading Article

DOG DRAFTEE EXTENDS​

WESTERN Bulldogs draftee Joel Freijahhas been rewarded with an early contract extension after a strong start to his AFL career.

The 18-year-old will now remain at the Whitten Oval until at least the end of 2026 after adding a third season to the two-year contract he signed when he was drafted last November.
Freijah made his debut against Richmond in round nine and played 10 straight games of senior football before being managed for the trip to Sydney last weekend.

The Bulldogs selected the Horsham product with pick No.45 in last year's AFL Draft, following a strong draft year for GWV Rebels, which culminated in selection in the Coates Talent League team of the year.

Under the new collective bargaining agreement, players selected inside the first 20 sign mandatory three-year deals. Those picked beyond receive two-year contracts. The third season is on a set base, plus bonuses based on games played and achievements across the player's first two seasons. – Josh Gabelich

Pretty sure someone had one up and running the couple of weeks prior to trade week last year on the D&T board here on BF

Keep all draft capitol that was going to Barrass for Finn Callaghan. Don't bother with Barrass or anyone else. Operation bring Finn Inn begins now
This.

Barrass is good, but the cost & risk vs the reward just doesn't make sense for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back