Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be shipping off Treloar, he’s had a really good year but he is definitely not taking our midfield forward. He’d well and truly be first for me to ship off. Id give Macrae one more year under a new coach to find a role.

People are very quick to right off Baz, let’s not forget that he was pretty much our best mid for the first half of last year. Yeah his years been terrible but you absolutely don’t ship off a young player that you’ve literally seen is capable of playing great footy, at their absolute lowest point, in the last year of a coaches career when the whole team is absolutely cooked.

That’s pretty much the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard

I’d be shipping off Treloar, he’s had a really good year but he is definitely not taking our midfield forward. He’d well and truly be first for me to ship off. Id give Macrae one more year under a new coach to find a role.

People are very quick to right off Baz, let’s not forget that he was pretty much our best mid for the first half of last year. Yeah his years been terrible but you absolutely don’t ship off a young player that you’ve literally seen is capable of playing great footy, at their absolute lowest point, in the last year of a coaches career when the whole team is absolutely cooked.

That’s pretty much the dumbest s**t I’ve ever heard
Youre punting treloar before Bailey Smith 10/10 times.

Youre punting treloar before Bailey Smith 10/10 times.
100%,

Treloar is such a weird player, I’ve been one to stick up for him on here because he genuinely had a good year but then he just does the softest, fumbliest shit you’ll see on a footy field, or just be completely incapable of hitting a handball and just makes you think what the Fk is actually wrong with this guy.

I just can’t see him being a part of a successful midfield going forward to be completely honest, if we can get something for him and free up some cap space great.

Treloar is such a weird player, I’ve been one to stick up for him on here because he genuinely had a good year but then he just does the softest, fumbliest s**t you’ll see on a footy field, or just be completely incapable of hitting a handball and just makes you think what the Fk is actually wrong with this guy.

You've literally described half our team.

I reckon that he could but would need to balance it with another pacier mid to complement and defensive edge on the spread
West shines when the ball is in his vicinity, it’s madness we haven’t tried him in the centre square when we’re getting beaten. Genuinely madness.

I’d much rather keep Baz but that is at least his current market value, probably higher. If he indicated he wanted to go, I think that would get it done.

I’d be surprised if Geelong offered that.
Especially as they are going to need to add more youth to their squad. It would be a lot for them to give up for where they're at

100%,

Treloar is such a weird player, I’ve been one to stick up for him on here because he genuinely had a good year but then he just does the softest, fumbliest s**t you’ll see on a footy field, or just be completely incapable of hitting a handball and just makes you think what the Fk is actually wrong with this guy.

I just can’t see him being a part of a successful midfield going forward to be completely honest, if we can get something for him and free up some cap space great.

Treloar has been one of best all year, no doubt. But this is spot on.

I know he laid 14 tackles on the weekend, which is a huge number. But honestly the amount of times him and Smith just stick one arm out as a token effort to tackle/stop someone. I saw it that many times on Sunday.

I just don't think he's ever really fully brought in or been fully invested with the club.

I know he laid 14 tackles on the weekend, which is a huge number. But honestly the amount of times him and Smith just stick one arm out as a token effort to tackle/stop someone. I saw it that many times on Sunday.

I just don't think he's ever really fully brought in or been fully invested with the club.
Treloar is the least of our problems.

In fact IMO he's not a problem at all. He's an asset. Not perfect but we'd be worse off without him.

Herald Sun article little about the club

WESTERN BULLDOGS​

Bailey Williams is close to a new deal after playing every game this year, but given it’s round 24 rivals will be asking questions.

Other clubs should circle Toby McLean who has produced huge VFL numbers but managed only five AFL games.

Tim O’Brien is hopeful of a one-year deal, and Taylor Duryea is expected to get another one-year deal after 20 solid games as a lock-down defender.

Disagree, I think Treloar has been pretty good for us and he's stood up in some important games. Got us going in the 21 GF for instance.

I'd still look to move him on - we need to rejuvenate the midfield and he's the one it might be easiest to move on. IF Gold Coast are interested I'd be looking to ship him off. Macrae and Daniel might be bigger contributors to our speed problem, but they're contracted premiership players and I think it's more realistic that Treloar goes to Gold Coast.

We're not going to attract young minds like Flanders when Bailey Smith is played out of position and the likes of Garcia and West haven't been used in the middle at all.

I wonder if a new coach and new philosophy would see us move on Rory Lobb.

Bevo has only played one ruck for most of his tenure, meaning the forward or defender who pinch hits in the ruck has taken on increased importance. We've tried Bruce, Khamis, Dunkley, Young etc in the ruck without much success. Bringing in Lobb was a direct result of Bevo's ruck philosophy and our complete lack of success finding another guy in the best 22 who can give English a chop out. Lobb seemed like the perfect puzzle piece for the 22 Bevo wants to play.

I wonder if that will last. Another coach is likely to have a different philosophy when it comes to the second ruck. Or they may even be willing to take a short term hit to develop Darcy in the 22.

Playing Naughton, JUH and Lobb together probably contributes to our lack of pressure and playing a more mobile forwardline with more chasing power could also be a change a new coach will consider.

I think Lobb's been poorly used and not targetted by enough or the right kind of i50 entries, so I think a new forwards coach could get a lot more out of the JUH/Naughton/Lobb combo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF it was up to me:

Trade:
Macrae (second rounder at best)
Daniel (second rounder at best)
English (early first rounder)
B Smith (early first rounder)
B Williams to be allowed to leave

Retain:
Sweet with it made clear to him that English is gone and it’s his job.

Bring in:
D Robertson (late token pick)
Tomlinson (late token pick)
Another defensive midfielder

Target in the draft Best Available. Which with 3(4) first round picks, would be a midfielder, a KPD, an outside midfielder (Rogers (GC) and then take Lual after GC match Rogers) and trade out the Lions pick for a future first before Croft gets bid on.

I would be targeting multiple defensive midfielders in the draft with later picks. Perhaps 1 will make it and that would be great.

Bring in a mature backup ruck.

This would restructure our team a lot and really focus on building our KPP stocks to be elite.

Then next year bring in 2 great midfielders with our 2 first rounders.

Yes we will drop down the ladder a few spots BUT we will end up with a better mix. The idea is to let the defensive midfielders and Sweet clog the middle. Then use Bont, Lual and Treloar as more outside players.

Play a rebounding game, rather than a possession dominating game.
Christ almighty thank **** you’re not our list manager.

I wonder if a new coach and new philosophy would see us move on Rory Lobb.

Bevo has only played one ruck for most of his tenure, meaning the forward or defender who pinch hits in the ruck has taken on increased importance. We've tried Bruce, Khamis, Dunkley, Young etc in the ruck without much success. Bringing in Lobb was a direct result of Bevo's ruck philosophy and our complete lack of success finding another guy in the best 22 who can give English a chop out. Lobb seemed like the perfect puzzle piece for the 22 Bevo wants to play.

I wonder if that will last. Another coach is likely to have a different philosophy when it comes to the second ruck. Or they may even be willing to take a short term hit to develop Darcy in the 22.

Playing Naughton, JUH and Lobb together probably contributes to our lack of pressure and playing a more mobile forwardline with more chasing power could also be a change a new coach will consider.

I think Lobb's been poorly used and not targetted by enough or the right kind of i50 entries, so I think a new forwards coach could get a lot more out of the JUH/Naughton/Lobb combo.
Strongly disagree. Naughton is elite for a key forward in the pressure department and JUH has shown enough intent and pace to be able to do it as well.

Our issues stem from horrible ball use forward of centre. Forward pressure would be a lot less of an issue if players could actually hit their targets, allowing us to have shots on goal instead of chasing out of our D50.

Giving Duryea and O'Brien an extra year would be some of the worst signings out there. O'Brien is sixth in line for a defensive post and isn't durable while Duryea is old and slow and just had 5 goals kicked on him by a small forward from one of the statistically worst teams of all time.

Naughton, Poulter and Baz should be told to get f------ haircuts and at least look like footballers if they aren't performing.
This reminds of me of when Jack Watts grew a beard one off-season. Someone in the media (I think it was actually Luke Darcy) commented something like ‘if he spent as much time training as he did growing that beard he’d be performing better’

Still cracks me up

Giving Duryea and O'Brien an extra year would be some of the worst signings out there. O'Brien is sixth in line for a defensive post and isn't durable while Duryea is old and slow and just had 5 goals kicked on him by a small forward from one of the statistically worst teams of all time.

Ryan Gardners 800 year contract says hi

Who is taking Duryea spot? Cleary is not a lock down defender. O’Brien is an intercept defender which we don’t have many on our list. Bruce is out for the year or will be delisted. We need mature coverage as we all know it is unlikely Keath and Jones play full seasons. O’Donnell has shown great development but is still early in his career as is Busslinger. So am ok with 1 year deals for those two players.

We can’t delist 12 blokes it means we will be stuck with all contracted players. 6-7 is the max which I think should come from crozier, McLean, Bruce, Hannan, McComb, R. Smith, bedendo and Buku. The last two I would keep. If sweet or others get traded or we recruit players from other clubs than that changes things again

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who is taking Duryea spot? Cleary is not a lock down defender. O’Brien is an intercept defender which we don’t have many on our list. Bruce is out for the year or will be delisted. We need mature coverage as we all know it is unlikely Keath and Jones play full seasons. O’Donnell has shown great development but is still early in his career as is Busslinger. So am ok with 1 year deals for those two players.

We can’t delist 12 blokes it means we will be stuck with all contracted players. 6-7 is the max which I think should come from crozier, McLean, Bruce, Hannan, McComb, R. Smith, bedendo and Buku. The last two I would keep. If sweet or others get traded or we recruit players from other clubs than that changes things again

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We can't even trust O'Brien to stay fit, the whole point of depth is that they're ready to come in as a break glass emergency and he's barely getting out there at VFL level.

And the whole thing about not extending Duryea is that we recruit or chase a small defender, not keep the cooked one who is a liability because we don't currently have a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back