Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Charlie Cameron worth going after?

Riley Beverage on Sen Breakfast about some of our players Futures

Bailey Smith (Western Bulldogs)

“The clubs that have been linked to him the whole way through the year, I think that's genuine.

“Collingwood, Hawthorn and Geelong have been the clubs that have sort of had that link to Bailey Smith all the way through.

“I think he's more likely to leave than Tim English who's also out of contract and is also a free agent at the Western Bulldogs.

“I think that the priority at the moment for the Dogs is probably Tim English, and I think clubs are looking at it and thinking, ‘Can we give Bailey Smith a fresh start? Can we offer him full-time midfield?’.

“I think he might be tempted to go if that's the case.

“The Dogs have had the contract offer on the table for him the whole way through the year, there's a two-year deal sitting there for him - which would take him through to free agency if he wants to sign it.

“But I think he's one that at the moment if I was to take a punt, I'd probably say he's more likely to leave than stay.”

Rory Lobb (Western Bulldogs)

“There's been links to St Kilda and there’s been links to Collingwood - clubs that need a bit of ruck/forward depth.

“He comes back into the side this week and I think this is a really important stretch for him.

“If he can put together some good football starting tonight against the Pies, who's to say he doesn't hold his place in that Western Bulldogs side?

“I heard Luke Beveridge speak during the week saying that at the moment he's going nowhere … you can see why the Western Bulldogs would be thinking that because he does provide depth and a bit of versatility that is hard to find, and he's still contracted for another couple of years.

“The Western Bulldogs are in no position where they're just going to let him leave for no good reason.

“They have to find a reason to let him leave. So, unless the club comes to him with an offer that's good enough, I can see a situation where the Western Bulldogs would say, ‘Look, just stay put for the time being and see if you can get your way into this team’.”

We don’t “have” to trade Lobb, but I can see us honouring the request.

The price will have to be right of course. Maybe we can swing the returns from Lobb in a package with Baz (bags sound packed) for Hawthorns pick.

Or we can try and do a rare player for player swap if one of the clubs Lobb is interested in has a player that could help us in an area of need (wing, small forward, small defender), try and go for a win-win arrangement.

Collingwood, Saints, Dees could all use Lobb. He is a mercenary type who probably doesn’t care where as long as he gets games. That hopefully gives us some leverage and the ability to turn Lobb into something more immediately useful than him sitting in the vfl as depth.

Bevo's talk on Lobb is similar to Bell's talk about Lobb when he requested a trade. They'll only let him go if a good offer presented.
I don't think it's that at all. I think it's about messaging to a wider playing population. If you're one of us we value you, yet we also understand that you might consider alternatives. We are reasonable.

Don't shoot me.

Those in the know, that watch the VFL more acutely than I do, could Cooper CP be turned into a smaller defensive backline player. Seems to know how to hunt the opposition, reads the play well, and seems to use it well. He gets plenty of tackles.

Just a query.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't shoot me.

Those in the know, that watch the VFL more acutely than I do, could Cooper CP be turned into a smaller defensive backline player. Seems to know how to hunt the opposition, reads the play well, and seems to use it well. He gets plenty of tackles.

Just a query.

:gun:

Don't shoot me.

Just a query.

He can be but he's better as a pressure forward
Very Garcia vibes to him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs have plenty of cap room for Darcy in a few years

They won't match any offer higher than 825k for Bailey Smith

Think they are trying to secure English at around 800k range

They got names on their free agency list and re-signing so they won't splash cash straight away

Is what it is regarding Baz. Anything over a million is absurd and if clubs with upfront cap space can do it, then see ya later Bailey. Rather keep him obviously but not interested in paying overs. The same thing will happen to LDU. A stupid offer will come and he’ll take it.

Think they are trying to secure English at around 800k range
Keeping English at his peak for 800K would be a great outcome. He cops shit for not being the most physical ruck (which is somewhat fair enough), but he is a very good player.

Keeping English at his peak for 800K would be a great outcome. He cops shit for not being the most physical ruck (which is somewhat fair enough), but he is a very good player.

He’s a very good player but not in the best 3 in competition as player or even in his position as ruck.

We want to pay what he is really worth in terms of output, other clubs will pay premium for the couple of games a year he looks like best ruck in comp. He will also have larger impact to a West Coast or whoever is chasing him.

Is he worth the same contract we are paying Naughton and same / similar length ? $850 - $1m subject to a performance clause, Probably yes but not $1.2+ per year with most guaranteed

We have a reasonable fall back position if he leaves with Lobb still on list, Darcy, Croft coming through and Smith playing ok at VFL in first year and you can pick up a solid ruck most years who can impact for not a lot of $$ plus a high first round pick if he does leave.

Keath hitting form has transformed us down back and shows the value of experience as a defender. I wouldn't be against looking at Nick Haynes at the end of the year as a low cost high reward option

Keath hitting form has transformed us down back and shows the value of experience as a defender. I wouldn't be against looking at Nick Haynes at the end of the year as a low cost high reward option
Yep. Salary wise, he is getting his fill this year. All 1.3 million of it back ended.

If we were to grab him as a FA for 350-400k x2 years I wouldn’t be upset.

Yep. Salary wise, he is getting his fill this year. All 1.3 million of it back ended.

If we were to grab him as a FA for 350-400k x2 years I wouldn’t be upset.
Exactly. Basically back in that 2 out of Jones/Keath/Haynes are fit and in form and it's our spine sorted for a top 4 push. JOD will still play 10-15 games a year and be ready to take over soon enough

Pretty funny to think that Treloar, Jones and Doc will play 100 games for us soon
Jones has now finally played more games at the Dogs (96) than at the Blues (95).

really good comments from Caleb Daniel, seems very committed still and said all the right things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back