Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Polished would be a nice to have but pace and mongrel to get some pressure on the oppo CB exit would be handy
He has the grunt and pace I think. Polish not there

He should be played more he should never have been dropped

He has the grunt and pace I think. Polish not there

He should be played more he should never have been dropped
I don't know how much truth there is in the rumour that Garcia toured the Geelong facilities but if I was a player, especially a fringe player, I wouldn't want to be getting in Bevo's bad books. He can be pretty unforgiving.

Ideally for me

Darcy becomes our number 1 ruck and English becomes the extra forward

He's better suited up forward and as a pinch hit ruckman
Problem is every other team is paying a player a couple of hundred thousand for someone to fill that role as it isn't that important where as we would be paying Tim a million a year for it, that's not good cap management

Problem is every other team is paying a player a couple of hundred thousand for someone to fill that role as it isn't that important where as we would be paying Tim a million a year for it, that's not good cap management
We play much better with 2 tall forwards - that way Bont goes down there and does what he did against Freo.

I would try English as a defender. That way you can minimise his disadvantages.

Darcy will be the best ruck in the comp if given the chance.

Let’s give Baz and Garcia to Geelong

While we traded our future for sanders

It’ll be fine

Geelong doing the old 'never give a sucker an even break' thing on us.

Classic Dogs. Sure we can afford to lose two more best team mids...

You shove English out the door (not too hard he might snap in two), thank Macrae and Daniel enormously and you keep both Smith and Garcia.

What ever we do, surely the repeated beast by Port’s and Melbourne’s midfields show we need speed and silk, particularly in the midfield

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just something i heard, not sure if correct. But Baz has said if he was to stay, he only wants to sign for 2 years. Wants to repay the support he has got from the club. Hasn't made up his mind yet.
Or is it smart PR as you're walking out the door to soften the blow to preserve your social media numbers.

How the hell did we lose Dunkley? You just
can’t lose players like him, absolute disaster.

Because his daddy wanted him to chase the dollars whilst he could to set him up for life. Not that he would have been short of it either way, but head got turned by Essendon offering the world without stumping up what was actually needed to trade for him.

Preuss is OOC and although he's injury prone he's 29 and wouldn't cost much. I'd take a few less disposals from a ruck if he can guarantee he'll never get bullied.

He has literally never played 5 games in a row.
In 8 years.
Hasn't played since 2022 and is listed as Indefinite with a back issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just something i heard, not sure if correct. But Baz has said if he was to stay, he only wants to sign for 2 years. Wants to repay the support he has got from the club. Hasn't made up his mind yet.
That’s probably the best result for us - we get 2 years to FA and we might be successful and he ends up staying. Even though he turns it over, his speed with Richard’s out of the middle will surely go a long way to fixing the issues in there - just play him in the guts Bevo FFS

That’s probably the best result for us - we get 2 years to FA and we might be successful and he ends up staying. Even though he turns it over, his speed with Richard’s out of the middle will surely go a long way to fixing the issues in there - just play him in the guts Bevo FFS

Agreed - Smith rotating through the middle and wing will make us more dangerous. Need to keep players like him. Especially given he is the exact player we need right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How the hell did we lose Dunkley? You just
can’t lose players like him, absolute disaster.
He didn't gel with the "party" boys. Incidentally, many of whom have been moved in

How embarrassing would i’d be for English and his manager at the moment. He’d be looking at his feet walking into WO.
No different than when he walks back to the centre square then after our opposition has scored yet another goal due to his lack of endeavour.

I do not subscribe to the theory he is scared.
I’m not going to say English is ‘scared’, however….did anyone else notice English doing back in the third quarter, with his back facing the opposing PA player, marking contest approaching and English withdrew from the contest completely? Not a great look. Sure, he was likely to cop a high velocity collision but that’s what he gets paid for.

Oh, to have Scott Wynd back.

I don’t blame Garcia for looking elsewhere. Little justification to have VDM, McNeil and Gallagher in the side over him. There comes a point where talent wins out over ‘coachability’, and imo Garcia compared to those two - especially McNeil and Gallagher - is clear cut.

If he’s being dropped for brain fades and to learn to adapt to the rules I’d like to see Bailey Williams pay up for his 50m penalties.

Funny to me how we saw the benefits of diversifying the midfield with Garcia and West in the swans game (due to injury) and then forget all about it when our regular midfield crew comes back. We’re worried about our midfield being slow and soft so the fast and hard as nails guy with decent agility is dominating the vfl?

It’s obvious why Gallagher is getting games but if we’re pinning wastefulness on Garcia, again, Gags is possibly the most turnover prone player in the comp this season. His decision making is woeful.

Putting Garcia off side in this waste of a season is not wise. No real way to spin what could be the losses of Lipinski, Dunkley, Baz and Garcia in a relatively short time frame given the makeup of our midfield. Ed has been a revelation however I’m not convinced Sanders and Gallagher are the answers (but before anyone jumps at it, not writing them off). They’re also much younger. Ed, West, Garcia are in a nice age bracket.

There are obvious parallels to what West went through and it’s a bit chicken and egg how you want to frame that, did we take too long to give him a chance or did making him “earn” it pay off? Regardless, it took until West was looking at other options for us to cave and get him in the team regularly.

If we’re going to commit to five years of Tim it means five years of better rucks putting the ball in the hands of faster midfields while ours chase in futility, watching our weak backline cop pressure free entries. Not sure about the direction we may be going and some of the choices we’ve made/may make.

Looks like he was spot on with Lachie Hunter, unfortunately.
And the list management team were as well, as they were with Dahl and Stringer….what seem to be tough calls at the time have all worked out ok for us really….just a real shame to lose an ultra professional like Dunks

And the list management team were as well, as they were with Dahl and Stringer….what seem to be tough calls at the time have all worked out ok for us really….just a real shame to lose an ultra professional like Dunks
Yep, didn’t Dahl fall off a cliff quickly? Amazing really. Stringer has been hit and miss, mostly miss for the Bombers really. 2 good seasons for them on decent coin out of 5.

I tell you one thing - I’m very glad we have Lobb on our list for next year. I don’t want to see Darcy in the ruck and would be happy for English to depart. Lobb could be our tread water option for 2025 until we get the tough ruckman we need. I wish Smith was a couple of years more developed because he looks good. Ah, to have kept Sweet on the books….

We play much better with 2 tall forwards - that way Bont goes down there and does what he did against Freo.

I would try English as a defender. That way you can minimise his disadvantages.

Darcy will be the best ruck in the comp if given the chance.

Personally I would rather him being the best key forward in the comp. Already a contested mark beast and he has a great set shot.
Superstar talent up forward would be wasted in the ruck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back