Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

If we already had both then obviously Barrass but given we'd likely need to give up a first round pick and change for Barrass who could break down at any point with his dodgy back is a risk too large when we can spend that pick on a matter more pressing.
I'm all for picking up another tall late in the draft (someone like Faull, Mraz, Nicholls or Dennis) but we certainly don't need to be using first rounders (indraft or trade) on the position.
Borlase for next to nothing would do me

Does Freijah have more potential than Sanders? Just think he could be a really powerful mid once he fills out
Totally different players imo
Sanders is the libba replacement/ AA mid
While Frejiah is our future all Australian winger

Totally different players imo
Sanders is the libba replacement/ AA mid
While Frejiah is our future all Australian winger

What is Friejah’s speed like? He seems to be a rare type that has time - stays calm under pressure and makes thought through decisions. Obviously recruited as a winger but speed and gut running will be needed. Taken a long time for Williams to go the other way from inside mid to winger and is only now covering the ground reasonably. The latest batch of wingers recruited last year are Lightspeed. I think we will end up a star and draft robbery but not sure of his best long term position. A 192-3 cm midfield with power, poise and gun long kick is rare……..don’t we know the benefit of it.

Sanders has great hands and feel for getting the ball. Much more high speed instinct- very much a Libba clone and something different - need a bit of $&(t and that sounds a lot more like West.

Freijah looks like a natural footballer and it's bloody impressive that he's understood how to play a play a role at his young age, but at the same time, he hasn't broken out or dominated any single game yet (25 touches, one of our best 5 players) or whatever that makes me think that he's much more likely to be a super-elite player. He may be the type to play 200 games for like 4 career brownlow votes and that's fine, but there's a reason he was a third-round pick that still exists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freijah looks like a natural footballer and it's bloody impressive that he's understood how to play a play a role at his young age, but at the same time, he hasn't broken out or dominated any single game yet (25 touches, one of our best 5 players) or whatever that makes me think that he's much more likely to be a super-elite player. He may be the type to play 200 games for like 4 career brownlow votes and that's fine, but there's a reason he was a third-round pick that still exists.
Late birthday. The fact that he's even debited is impressive. I don't think we could be happier with him being (as you note) a 3rd rounder

Dale Morris Mk2

Freijah will one day be the next backline player we shift into the midfield and he’ll look a million bucks.
He was drafted as a winger and I think long term he makes the shift. Bailey Williams style.

5 years on big money for a 29yo bloke who struggles to get out of bed? Surely this can’t be true.
With the Lobb move to defence looking like a winner you’d think our interest would’ve cooled.

He has 3 years left on his contract and is looking to get another 2 years on more money. He's trying to get that from Eagles.

5 years sounds too long but does a backline of Jones, Lobb and Barrass sound like a couple of flags next two seasons ala Lake to Hawks?

FWIW i think abort….but what do i know
Firstly, I think the cap space could be better spent elsewhere. Remember we’ve still got Buss developing nicely and Buku is also showing a lot of improvement.
Secondly, it’s fraught with danger to commit 5 years to a guy with a debilitating back condition. Backs don’t get any better as you age into your 30’s

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back