Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rather keep Smith and they can keep Barass.
Forget Barrass. Just tell Geelong we'll do a straight swap of Bailey Smith for Max Holmes.

But they need to agree quickly before we change our mind.

Just listening to Saturday Crunch Time. Tom Morris believes we have offered 4 years but could potentially offer a 5th year for Barrass. The belief is that the Bailey Smith trade pick won't be enough and that a 2nd rounder and later pick swaps would be needed at least to sweeten the pot for WCE. Supposedly the deal Barrass is on at West Coast is not that great and he wants out as WCE have reneged on the verbal agreement that was in place.
I personally would've thought that the Smith pick would have been enough. But now if he is not as well paid as was originally reported then it puts WCE in a far stronger position as salary cap has no bearing on the trade.
Can’t see Power accepting just 1 pick for Baz. Cats would be throwing more in.

Hilarious how many medical experts are on this board.

Do peeps genuinely think the club won’t do their homework to make an informed decision when it comes to a trade..?
Exactly. Every trade period we end up marvelling about Mr Sam "ice in his veins" Power - he is not about to $hit the bed because we might get Barrass.

Got Treloar for a steal.

Exactly. Every trade period we end up marvelling about Mr Sam "ice in his veins" Power - he is not about to $hit the bed because we might get Barrass.

Got Treloar for a steal.
Got bent over by the lions. Not his fault, but happened

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It simultaneously weakens their bargaining position if they don't think he's worth paying much.

I'd be pretty pissed off if we turned Bailey Smith into Barrass without a fair bit coming back OUR way. At least a high second.

What Morris is talking about is ludicrous. We'd be marching on Bulldog HQ with pitchforks and flambeaus if they did that.
Barrass is contracted for 3 more years though. WC can force him to stay much like we did with Dunkley

The first mistake was listening to Tom Morris about anything, especially our club.

We all know he can't stand our club and you can tell. He was the one reporting on Lobb being already out the door, he's basically all but said Smith has walked out, English is gone and I bet he was sniffing around Garcia and God knows how many others.

So of course he'll have us getting shafted by any and every deal. You take what that snivelling little nepo baby says with a grain of salt.

I'm not paying overs for Barrass but if the offer is fair I'd do it but if it's not then you walk away.

Clubs that convince a player to nominate them don't "walk away" (except for Dodoro with Dunkley), doesn't do the club's reputation much good.
IF(?!) Barrass nominates us, Sam Power and the Eagles would work to get it done, and probably both have a fair idea where it will land with the prior knowledge of which club he would be nominating.
The only opportunity to walk away is if multiple destination clubs are in play, and Barrass is happy to go to any - which rarely happens. Multiple clubs might pitch to him, but he'll ultimately nominate one, and that club will get the deal done.

Seems cowardly English wanting to take the easy way out and dwell at the bottom of the ladder for the next six years.

I guess it matches his effort in the contest.

Seems cowardly English wanting to take the easy way out and dwell at the bottom of the ladder for the next six years.

I guess it matches his effort in the contest.
So he is definitely going to the Eagles!!!!!

Other wise WTF

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

How about Smith re signs!!!!!

The procrastination about some nuffie journalists posting as a faint acomplie on this board is embarrassing given we rarely lose someone we want to keep

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It would be hilarious, but journos have no credibility anyway so they have nothing left to lose, hence the 'Harley Reid WILL NOT be at the Eagles' types we have now can say whatever they want without consequence because they just want a lick, despite most of it being complete BS.

Tim is in a good spot to either get his total contract value bumped up by us or we match the 6 years. West Coast won’t trade for him.

Would love Barass and happy to roll the dice on 5 years if that's what it takes. Jones more than likely isn't on the list in 2026 and while we have prime Bont we should be all out to win another flag.

Forward line is set for a decade, bones are there in for our future backline with JOD, Croft and Friejah already on the list, if English stays the ruck is locked away. The mids can be replenished in upcoming drafts. As long as its not a top 10 pick, go for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back