Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Small without great endurance, and injured partway through his draft year so couldn’t storm home and really show what he could do. His draft profile reads like a high risk high reward, x-factor kind of player, and you’ve gotta be really brave to pick that over someone like Smith who was incredibly consistent at a very high level.

They talked about those top 7 and Blakey non-stop that year. They were saying its the best draft since 2001.

It wasn't the wrong pick. The best players in the draft are never going to go exactly in draft order.

And Smith has shown to be a gun. That 2021 finals series was something else and was doing very good things in 2022 until the sniff incident and head butt. 2023 was a write off, and he was played completely out of position which didn't help. Reckon he would have had a bumper 2024 but it wasn't to be

They talked about those top 7 and Blakey non-stop that year. They were saying its the best draft since 2001.

It wasn't the wrong pick. The best players in the draft are never going to go exactly in draft order.

And Smith has shown to be a gun. That 2021 finals series was something else and was doing very good things in 2022 until the sniff incident and head butt. 2023 was a write off, and he was played completely out of position which didn't help. Reckon he would have had a bumper 2024 but it wasn't to be

Even before that, he started out 2021 with a 36 and 2 BOG performance vs Collingwood. Had his first three Brownlow vote game in 2020. The bloke can play.

Smith was the right pick, he was on track to be a star. Guess he just outgrew this place... still can't believe Richmond are gonna get more for Rioli and Bolton than we are Smith.
Geelong has finished top 4 in 14 of the last 18 seasons. Their first and a F1 most likely being 2 picks in the mid-late teens is massive unders even accounting for the ACL this year but is the best we could hope for given he’s out of contract. Realistically the F1 is a F2 or we have to add our F2 to get their F1.

That he'll see out the year at Port and then looks forward to taking unders to sign a long-term contract at the Dogs to play with the Bont.

I didn't hear that I thought I heard I (Butters) will pay the Dogs to play with the Bont.

Dogs are one of the handful of clubs interested in Suns Malcolm Rosas

Don't really expect this one to gain too much since other clubs will offer more years and cash for him

Dogs are one of the handful of clubs interested in Suns Malcolm Rosas

Don't really expect this one to gain too much since other clubs will offer more years and cash for him
I like him and it'd be great to get more Aboriginal kids on the list.
I wonder why they're pushing him out after he just signed a new contract

I like him and it'd be great to get more Aboriginal kids on the list.
I wonder why they're pushing him out after he just signed a new contract
They have Rowell out of contract next year so freeing up cap room for him.

plus adding Noble and Rioli salaries makes a few players free

I would love to lure Alex Davies but feel like he suits Pies better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe that essendon are already well down the line, so can't see it being anywhere else at this stage.
You wonder how much the Indigenous game is an attraction for Richmond and Essendon for Indigenous players considering a move.

Hawks are immediately improving an area of need for 2024 with proven players.

Overpaying, maybe. But we have rolled out McNeil and VDM for most of the season with little selection pressure - clear area we could improve in. And let’s be real, neither would be getting much of a look anywhere else. We also have a wing that we seem somewhat indecisive about.

Would prefer us act on our weaknesses without just relying on drafting and internal development that may not happen as we need.

Right - which is why we shouldnt waste our resources on lower priorities like key defenders right now.

Dan Houston on FiveAA this morning has said he isn't leaving Port.

It's so very unpopular but I'd have a hard time saying no to a Petracca for Naughton trade.
That would be very short-sighted. Petracca's career is more than half over and Naughton's is relatively young. Petracca isn't going to want to come here. And further, he is a tool. Naughton expressed great faith in the Bulldogs and the Bulldogs in him with the duration of his new contract. It just isn't something that has any legs....thank goodness.

Barrass also said he wasn't leaving Eagles.
Not this late in the piece though, they quizzed him further on if things changed post the bump with Rankine and he said that it really reaffirmed in his mind that Port was the place for him.

That would be very short-sighted. Petracca's career is more than half over and Naughton's is relatively young. Petracca isn't going to want to come here. And further, he is a tool. Naughton expressed great faith in the Bulldogs and the Bulldogs in him with the duration of his new contract. It just isn't something that has any legs....thank goodness.
All of Petraccas qualities are why I would have a hard time saying no. I'd probably still end up saying no, fwiw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back