Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

We’ve offered Matt Kennedy a 3 year deal, I like it.
You Lie Harry Potter GIF by Sky

its deffs a joke but i actually like Kennedy and thought he was hard done by the blues wouldnt mind getting him much better then Harmes lol

He's a guy that was thrown around everywhere and never complained, you need a few role players like that on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon a lot of our list management decisions are always to an eye for several years into the future more than other clubs.

Other clubs can pivot and recover from one or two bad years in a way that small clubs like us, North, Saints, Melbourne can't.

It can be frustrating that our moves don't seem to improve 2025, but our 2025 should be improved by the moves we've made over the last several years, just like the moves we make this year will improve our 2026, 2027, 2028, etc.

It's not really the excitement of the trade radio action world we live in but as an example we will put a second-year and hopefully significantly improved Sanders on the park next year, an impact that is just as significant as other teams' move but one we've already made.

ST KILDA and Brisbane have initiated a pick swap that could unlock a move for Jack Macrae to get to the Saints.

The Saints have landed picks 32 and 45 from the Lions in exchange for their second-round pick, which is currently No.27.

Pick 32 could now be used in a potential trade for Macrae, who is contracted for three more years at the Western Bulldogs, but requested a move to St Kilda last month.

Ah yes, a slow inside mid with poor skills. That's exactly what we need. Really changing that list profile. Very worthwhile booting club champions for middling picks!
Kennedy's slow, which is not what we need, granted, but he's a genuine utility, not just an inside mid. Unlike the Macrae's of the world his value to a team is roughly identical basically everywhere on the field.

It's not perfect but merely calling him an inside mid would be like calling Harmes just an inside mid too, even though we saw what Harmes could do in patches as a forward this year (such as the Richmond win)

That’s true, but I’m sure the coaching panel is looking to inject more speed into the squad.
Both of those greats of our club are just not dynamic enough in our current mix.
The standing rule has also had big effect on any player with poor leg speed.
The ball pings around a lot quicker now.

If we had to keep one definitely, Macrae.
Really sad for o Driscoll retiring. I think he was earmarked as the speedster we needed.

What's interesting is that without recruiting anyone else with speed, we probably have confidence that Gallagher will cement and provide great value in the best 22 this year, even though he was dropped by the end of the year and was pretty woeful in the final vs. Hawks. I'm confident too, but we still have to live with the reality that he may not improve, either.

Any best 22 without Gallagher in it next year, even without Macrae or Daniel, still looks very slow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back