Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Dogs walked Baz to the draft then re-drafted him, would he then go back to base draftee wages for the next few years? And would that also mean the base three-year deal for first round draftees would take him to free agency?

Interesting...

If the Dogs walked Baz to the draft then re-drafted him, would he then go back to base draftee wages for the next few years? And would that also mean the base three-year deal for first round draftees would take him to free agency?

Interesting...
Bailey smith could go to AFL house and use some technically ruling to not return

Zero need for this trade period to run for 9 days when you can't trade players without their permission. 3 days would suffice.

Unfortunately Trade Period is just a tool for Trade Radio to flog sponsors and manufacture content to keep AFL in the conversation during the off-season.

Still can't believe how many people will listen to that stuff all day for almost 3 weeks. So with that, no reason for AFL to shorten it if people keep tuning in.

I think we’d get more for Caleb Daniel than some people expect (if he leaves). Tom Morris just now said that Carlton’s second & third for him wouldn’t get it done. North’s second may be involved with a swap of picks.

contracted.

Also I read somewhere randomly that the suns are interested in getting some experienced run from defence into their side, so they might be running the ruler over him as well. I have no heinz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane Kornes disagrees. He would like it to go for eighteen days so he can dedicate one day to each club about piss poor their trading is, how bad their list manager is, etc
Except when talking about Port. Then their list managers, recruitment team, coach, players, canteen manager and cleaning lady are the greatest ever, in the history of Aussie Rules.

Clay Smith says hello while polishing his premiership medallion. Four goals in prelim want bad either.

Garcia kicks multiple goals regularly in VFL and so can put it where it needs to be but does need to find a way to improve his efficiency. In one VFL game Macrae and he both has 35 touches but I recall efficiency was 35% v 80%.l and so on an outcome basis that is 12 effective v 29 effective (rough guess).

But, while he is awkward and messy - he hunts the ball with intent and so has much less time but he is also quick to move the ball on. Roarke Smith massively improved his kicking by changing his action to
Stab the ball while running rather than wind up and it worked. García should able to do this and improve and still clear the area. He is also a great tackler.

Players like Williams are beautiful kicks but get caught because they take too long and aren’t quick enough to be a great tackler - I have always been a fan of moving him to play some inside but need much faster hands - Bont, Libba, Red, Ads and West all have very fast hands and are able to get the ball away when tackled - this is essential and García has that.

Gallagher - seems OK too and has genuine speed but seems to think he can run through people and gets caught a lot - rather than being faster or keeping his hands free.

Between Garcia and Gallagher we have another quality mid. Assuming Smith goes and we get a first round mid to replace him our current Fab Four:

- Bont, Ads, Libba and Red

Will evolve to:

- Bont, Red, Sanders and West/Gallagher/Garcia/R1.

Am also incredibly impressed by Friejahs composure in traffic - this is more inside than outside wing - has speed and power and a bit of flair and I would not be a bit surprised that he is played there a bit.

Also will repeat here - when Bont goes for a rest or goes forwards - we have been using Weightman which is working OK. But I would go with Naughton - he has great agility and hands in tight. Like Carey without the washing machine business ;)

The reason for the Naughty suggestion is that our mids are not small. Bont and Red and some of the biggest but we still got pushed over by Hawks. Bont was cooked - seemed to fall off a cliff for most few weeks but still needs help. At the same time we have three star talls standing around and having a chat. Be proactive and beat the others up first!l

Love your thoughts, I agree players can dramatically improve their kicking by learning to alter their style. I don't Sonny to go and have been a bit perplexed at one or two of his demotions over the past 2 seasons.

On the list five years for 30 games with this year being the first time he's played 10+. Three years is a long time for that degree of fringe.
His first year 2020 was a no go due to a knee injury he joined the club with and then another at the end of 2020 so in effect he missed his first 18 months due to injury

Except when talking about Port. Then their list managers, recruitment team, coach, players, canteen manager and cleaning lady are the greatest ever, in the history of Aussie Rules.
Don't worry the majority of us port supporters hate the campaigner also..uses his media position campaigning for Ken Hinkley who got him to 300 games and in turn keeping his brothers job safe.

If Geelong don't improve their pick offer for Bailey Smith I hope you guys walk him to the draft like we did with Nick Stevens

Unfortunately Trade Period is just a tool for Trade Radio to flog sponsors and manufacture content to keep AFL in the conversation during the off-season.

Still can't believe how many people will listen to that stuff all day for almost 3 weeks. So with that, no reason for AFL to shorten it if people keep tuning in.
All the angst benefits the AFL agenda as well as it gets people more “passionate” about the game.

It’s a cynical exercise in advertising and keeping the spotlight on the AFL out of season.

I’m happy just to think of Bailey as a campaigner of a thing and to move on. I wish him endless misery and no flags for the remainder of his career……

Inside trading article

PREMIERSHIP BULLDOG'S CALL

WESTERN Bulldogs premiership player Caleb Daniel is not expected to seek a move to North Melbourne unless the Dogs open the door for him to depart late in the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period.

Daniel, who is contracted for two more years at the Bulldogs, has been weighing interest in moving to the Kangaroos, who have offered a longer-term deal to him.

The 2016 flag winner has had interest in looking at the North option but has not requested a trade, with the Dogs holding firm that Daniel remains a wanted player at the kennel.
AFL.com.au revealed North's interest in Daniel last month as it eyed a premiership trio along with now ex-Eagle Jack Darling and Swan Luke Parker.

"There's been no indication from Caleb or his management that he wants to look elsewhere. Caleb is vice-captain at the club and has two years left on his contract and is a really valuable player, so I can't really comment on that at this stage," Bulldogs list manager Sam Power told Trade Radio on Monday.
The Dogs already have two deals likely to go the distance in the trade period, with Bailey Smith's move to Geelong and Jack Macrae's request to be traded to St Kilda the priority dealings at this stage.

Giants midfielder Xavier O'Halloran has interest from the Bulldogs but given his remaining year on his contract at GWS, would need the Giants to let him explore a trade. – Callum Twomey

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back