Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

DOGS TO BE DEADLINE DARLINGS

THE WESTERN Bulldogs will again be the deadline-day darlings of the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period, with the club involved in at least three leftover trades.

Little progress has been made on any of the deals of Bailey Smith's move to Geelong, Jack Macrae's request to get to St Kilda and Caleb Daniel's interest in heading to North Melbourne.

The Cats and Dogs have maintained communication around Smith but a gap persists in the trade value placed on the midfielder, with Geelong putting forward its No.17 pick. The Bulldogs have remained keen for more to add to the deal or an earlier pick.
The Saints split their pick 27 into two picks on Tuesday – for picks 32 and 45 – giving them more of a hand to potentially put a selection to the Dogs for Macrae, however no pick has been tabled as yet.

The Roos have offered the Dogs pick 25 for Daniel and 48 as part of their attempts to add the defensive ball-user, but that was knocked back.
The Dogs have remained hopeful that they could secure GWS midfielder Xavier O'Halloran on a three-year deal and thrown up offers with the Giants, however GWS has remained keen to retain him. A deal for Daniel could open up a late push for O'Halloran.

The Bulldogs' deal for Josh Dunkley went down to the final moments in the 2022 trade period, while two years earlier their non-deal with the Bombers also kept everyone on their toes until the last minutes. In 2020 the Dogs secured Adam Treloar in the final minute of that trade period.

In 2022, Rory Lobb became a Bulldog and premiership midfielder Lachie Hunterjoined Melbourne in deals that were also completed on the final day. – Callum Twomey

Congrats on getting Kennedy. He’s as tough as any player in the afl. Better mark than you’d realise. He is just wrong place wrong time at the Blues. Our midfield is too slow to accommodate him, Hewett and Kennedy. He is a 23-25 possession on baller at his best. Kicking is actually not bad it’s just that he is often rushed.

I predict you’ll love him and he will play 100 games for you.

\You are having a lend me there is 7 premiership players in that list.
Most of which have done f all since being traded.

meanwhile we've brought in treloar, duryea, bruce, keath, jones who have all been key parts of good sides.

Dunkley and lipinski are the only two that have done anything of note since leaving. Stringer is just a classic good stats, bad team guy. Did his best work with us anyway.

Also 3 players on your list haven't even left yet, maybe wait for that to happen, and then judge how they go before getting too down about it.

Most of which have done f all since being traded.

meanwhile we've brought in treloar, duryea, bruce, keath, jones who have all been key parts of good sides.

Dunkley and lipinski are the only two that have done anything of note since leaving. Stringer is just a classic good stats, bad team guy. Did his best work with us anyway.

Also 3 players on your list haven't even left yet, maybe wait for that to happen, and then judge how they go before getting too down about it.
Lippa hasn't done anything he was sub for the GF remember

Congrats on getting Kennedy. He’s as tough as any player in the afl. Better mark than you’d realise. He is just wrong place wrong time at the Blues. Our midfield is too slow to accommodate him, Hewett and Kennedy. He is a 23-25 possession on baller at his best. Kicking is actually not bad it’s just that he is often rushed.

Probably on the wrong side of 27 to play 100 games, but miracles happen. Was always good playing in the guts when he was allowed to. Quality kick for goal. Would have loved to keep him (and Owies), but Grand sale, grand sale, grand sale Where? In Foot(a)scray, and we're in a Ken Bruce kind of mood.

Your old list manager is either a star, or mad as a two bob watch. I guess I'll find out which on draft night.

Sadly our midfield would be pretty slow accommodating Bont, Libba, and Kennedy. How does he go in the forward line?

I'm wondering what he brings that Macrae doesn't. It doesn't sound like pace and a slow midfielder isn't high on the list of priorities.

I'm wondering what he brings that Macrae doesn't. It doesn't sound like pace and a slow midfielder isn't high on the list of priorities.
His only notable knock is his pace. He can play all three lines on the ground and is a serious marking target, either up forward or in transition. He's a reliable shot at goal and isn't afraid to put his head over the ball. Has solid disposal by hand and foot. Culture doesn't seem to be an issue with the Dogs but by all reports he's a great team mate and clubman.

Actually... can we have him back please?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A vastly lower salary.

And hopefully a better pick from Macrae.

Gives us slightly worse that the minor upside Macrae was to our team this year (which presumably we don’t see getting back anywhere near old output).

I like Kennedy as a player, think he is AFL quality. Thought there would be a bit of interest for him when Carlton made him available but I’m surprised its us. I’m not sure he is the right fit. Seems strange to bring him and Harmes in the past two seasons and I’m not sure either are seamless fits, their best work is going to be inside midfield but they won’t get that opportunity.

You know he is going to be a heart and soul guy so its probably not going to be the worst move.

I highly doubt it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back