Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith is in for one hell of a wake up call. Likely to be fingerpainting with Dayne Beams in two years.

Humble kid from a good family, a church goer even after being drafted ("I still go when I can"), stoked to be at the club.

Having had a chat with him just prior to his first pre-season game, I came away thinking we'd struck gold with such a well balanced, hard working young fella.

Exactly how I felt. Everything I read about him as a person ticked the boxes for me, especially him not being afraid to mention his religious faith. He seemed like the kind of young man who I could admire as a person and as a player. I feel let down. Fame can certainly be evil.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

And 0 weeks for Stengle.
Easy after an investigation was found someone spiked his drink.

I wonder if the hospital blood tests and the like match up with a drink been spiked

Yeah there is. We got the best possible deal given the restraints placed upon the club by a system that favours players needs over those of a club. If we'd folded as you suggest, then we would've seen Geelong trade out pick 17 or 38 or both and then dare us to send Smith to the PSD.

We gave up a player who didnt want to be there thus robbing us of what little leverage we had. And two players who were at the core of our issues when it came to being unable to move the ball or cover the ground at pace. As the modern game demands. Are we better served in that regard by those who replace them? That remains to be seen. What its certain is that we couldn't continue on the stagnant path of mediocrity that we've been on. Given the age of Treloar and Libba generational change needed to start happening.

And it needed to start with two guys who were overpaid for what they were producing.

Regardless of their legacy at the club.

He smashed it given the hand he was dealt.

Emotional claptrap.

Im quite comfortable with how things panned out. Given its entirely in line with what I predicted.

Spot on - let’s drop the mic and all move on .

Too bad about Cameron greens back issue.

Young Elliot looks promising for the vics

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Super consistent, non-injury prone, premiership player, best and fairest winner, with plenty left in the tank swapped for a 2nd round draft pick.

Immediately a good deal for North.

For us, we need to try our best to pick well and then cross our fingers for a few years.
Rubbish, the game has gone past Caleb. Since 2022. Pick 25 is a miracle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little off topic but the front loading of contacts has been mentioned a couple of times. I assume that if a club front loads a contact and the player leaves half way through the contract period the club has done its dough ( referring to the front loaded part only). Is that the risk a club takes and accepts?
Yes, think Freo fans think Lobb did this.

Exactly how I felt. Everything I read about him as a person ticked the boxes for me, especially him not being afraid to mention his religious faith. He seemed like the kind of young man who I could admire as a person and as a player. I feel let down. Fame can certainly be evil.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Or, bear with me here, people who mention their "religious faith" do it for their own benefit... 🤔

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back