Trade/Delistings/List Management 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2010: Make or Break for which players?

I still don't get it.
We should trade a bloke who we haven't seen yet because he's apparently behind 1 other guy we haven't seen and another who hasn't convinced?
He'd be worth 3/5ths of feck all right now. At this stage all he's got is some decent VFL form.

David Meli

Was thinking today how is our international recruit David Meli doing. He is currently playing with the Calder Cannons this year until he is old enough to play senior football with either Bendigo or Essendon.

Any ways, have a look at some of these stats for a guy that has never played football competitively before.

Practice Match 1: V Western Jets (Win)

8 effective kicks
3 ineffective kicks
5 effective handballs
1 ineffective handball
3 handball recieves
8 tackles
1 free for
1 contested mark
2 uncontested marks

Round 1: V Northern Knights (Loss)

2 Goals
1 Behind
3 Marks
6 effective kicks
4 ineffective kicks
1 effective handball
2 ineffective handball
6 handball recieves
3 tackles
3 uncontested marks

Round 2: V Dandenong Stingrays (Win)

2 Goals
2 Behinds
5 Effective kicks
5 ineffective kicks
7 effective handballs
2 ineffective handballs
7 handball recieves
3 tackles
2 frees for
1 free against
1 contested mark
3 uncontested mark

Round 3: V Oakleigh Chargers (Loss)

1 goal
2 behinds
8 effective kicks
6 ineffective kicks
6 effective handballs
2 ineffective handballs
8 handball recieves
6 tackles
2 frees for
1 free against
1 contested mark
2 uncontested marks

Adding to this, he also kicked a goal today. waiting for stats to be updated.

So looking at this, he is currently averaging;

1.8 goals
1 behind
5.4 effective kicks
3.6 ineffective kicks
3.8 effective handballs
1.4 ineffective handballs
4.8 handball recieves
4 tackles a game
1 free kick for
0.4 free kicks against
0.6 contested marks
2 uncontested marks

**all stats "per game"**

In short:

We are on a winner I wreckon..

Re: David Meli

Will be David Rodaneqse, walked past him at the Ess v Freo game, not the tallest, but sounds like he's been getting heaps of the pill. Good early signs.

Re: David Meli

Yeah, might go down and have a look at him in the near future guys, then I will fill you in as to wheter we have a winner or not..

From all reports we have a winner. A kid who is able to kick ably off both feet, uses the ball well enough, runs hard and has alot of improvement left. Be good to see what transcribes from this.

List Cloggers

Was looking at our list today and was shocked to see the amount of list cloggers we have at the Essendon Football Club..

Jarrod Atkinson is 25, has played 10 games in his time at the club and is struggling to break into a side that currently sits 1 - 4. He is merely there on talent, not form. He is not going to play in out next premiership so will need to go by years end.

Stuart Crameri: As much as I like Stuart, he is only a good solid VFL player. slow and not talented enough to make it in the big time, he does not bring anything to the table that current EFC listed players Courtenay Dempsey, Rick Dyson, Dustin Fletcher etc. do not have. He is only holding a place that could be going to a kid.

Rick Dyson is a good player? yes! but he is a #25 - 30 player not a top 22 player. This is where we are being found out against everyone else. Obviously he steps up a few numbers due to our crap line ups we have in place at the moment, but in a good decent squad, he would be a #25 - # 30 player.

Heath Hocking has nothing to bring to the table. Yes he is hard at it, but that is all he brings to the table. Just another slow, poor ball user that is clogging up our list.

Sam Lonergan is yet to prove to me that he is worthy to be kept on our list. Was given a chance to have a decent game last wek, but failed to make much of an impact. His disposal also lets him down and is another one of those players that is not good enough with the ball in his hands and slow as a sloth.

Darcy Daniher I am not completely sold on either. Still youngish so will wait and see till he feels the wrath.

Leroy Jetta would need to find some form very soon. As he is almost on his last legs. Am not sure where his best position is, small forward? midfielder? small defender? need to be given every opportunity to prove himself by years end.

Nathan Lovett - Murray. Seriously, is NLM going to be at EFC when we win our next flag. I do not see him in our best 22. He is not creative enough to play forward of the centre, he is too stupid enough to play behind the ball with all the free kicks and whilst he is a big bodied player, his disposal lets him down too much playing in the midfield.

Angus Monfries is not in our best 22 as a lock. He is a fringe player and one who should be made to earn his spot back. Now yes his form has been pretty good this year, he is not a lock for us IMO.

David Myers is on his last legs too IMO, inside midfielder? defender? rebounder? what is he? Once he figures it out, can someone get him to let us know.. I personally do not think he is going to cut it and be in our next premiership side, but hey. I am not clouded by the 'high draft pick' glasses people are wearing.

Taite Silverlock is not going to make it either. He has a Bachar Houli handball style kick on him. Yes he is hard at it, but his disposal lets him down alot.

Andrew Welsh needs to be sent back to defence where he made his name. I do not think he is good enough any more to curb a good players influece on games.

If you think there is any more, feel free to add anything to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: List Cloggers

McVeigh and Hille, although not list cloggers, probably wont be there when we contend for a premiership. Disagree on Monfries and Myers is all, the rest is good.

Agree that its time to drop mcveigh and welsh to the backline. can be used to release dempsey and houli to the middle.

i think you are a little harsh on monfries. first game back wasnt great, but our middle gives our forward line no chance. i like him forward with reimers.

i dont know how myers is going. would hate to see another first round pick wasted though (Harvey, Walsh, davies)

Hocking is good for the in and under stuff. problem is so is Melksham and Melksham is going past him

I'd love to know what happened to danniher. we almost had a fight for him.

I think you are a little harsh on monfries. first game back wasnt great, but our middle gives our forward line no chance. i like him forward with reimers.

What does Monfries actually bring to the table come match day? this is all I would like to know right now.

harsh on myers and monfries they are still young....

while guys like dyson hocking are getting games ahead of myers how is he supposed to make the midfield?

What does Monfries actually bring to the table come match day? this is all I would like to know right now.

You have raised an interesting question about Monfries.

I feel that he should be considering 40 goals a year - playing in his role.

Who on the list has done enough in 2010

Im trying to think who on our list has shown enough this year to give hope for the future. The selection I have come up with are as follows;-

Have done enough

Watson: Consistant each week with little support
Stanton: Whilst not in super form is certainly in our best 22
Hille: Has been trying his guts out
Reimers: I think hes been pretty good
Monfires: See Reimers
NLM: Not the most gifted player but certainly one of our best so far this year
Fletch: A Champ
Pears: Done OK in a backline under seige
Melksham: Like this kid - puts his head over the ball and finds enough of it

Bordeline:

Gumby: Has shown signs but will need time
Hurley: see Gumby
Zaharakis: Has played a couple of good games but needs to have more impact
Dempsey: Doing OK for a guy who is played out of position
Colyer/Hooker/Ryder: All have upsides but need to lift

Not Good enough:

All the rest which includes McVeigh, Welsh, Winderlich, Slattery, Dyson, Hocking, Lonergan, Davey, Houli, M.Williams, Prismall

Where to from here? I really dont know. With so many key players out of form or just not good enough we are going to really struggle this year and also next. We need to get rid of Knights, clear out some of this dead wood, and start from scratch. We havent won 16 flags coasting along with guys that arent up to it

Re: Who on the list has done enough in 2010

Im trying to think who on our list has shown enough this year to give hope for the future. The selection I have come up with are as follows;-

Have done enough

Watson: Consistant each week with little support
Stanton: Whilst not in super form is certainly in our best 22
Hille: Has been trying his guts out
Reimers: I think hes been pretty good
Monfires: See Reimers
NLM: Not the most gifted player but certainly one of our best so far this year
Fletch: A Champ
Pears: Done OK in a backline under seige
Melksham: Like this kid - puts his head over the ball and finds enough of it

Bordeline:

Gumby: Has shown signs but will need time
Hurley: see Gumby
Zaharakis: Has played a couple of good games but needs to have more impact
Dempsey: Doing OK for a guy who is played out of position
Colyer/Hooker/Ryder: All have upsides but need to lift

Not Good enough:

All the rest which includes McVeigh, Welsh, Winderlich, Slattery, Dyson, Hocking, Lonergan, Davey, Houli, M.Williams, Prismall

Where to from here? I really dont know. With so many key players out of form or just not good enough we are going to really struggle this year and also next. We need to get rid of Knights, clear out some of this dead wood, and start from scratch. We havent won 16 flags coasting along with guys that arent up to it

A bit harsh of Zaharakis who besides yesterday has been one of our shinning lights.

Also Dyson has done his job this year. I'm not a huge fan as I think he could be doing more but he deserves to be in at least the Borderline category.

As for NLM jeez. He got better after qtr time yesterday but his decision making in the first qtr was part of the reason we got blown away. For a player with his experience we can;t afford that sort of sloppy effort.

While we have all argued the point, I think Myers should be given the opportunity to rotate in the centre with Jobe if then at years end he still has'nt shown much he might be in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back