Trade/Delistings/List Management 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Leroy Jetta

I'd want to leave if I were Jetta, Knights prefers Quinn over him.

It'd be a kick in the nads to any fit senior listed player not selected for last night's game over Quinn.

Spare me. He has been given very limited opportunities, and is, no doubt, a confidence player- this means that the more game time we get into him, the better he will become.

Also, I really doubt that he's a forward pocket. Forward pockets need to be selfish little pricks, ala Stephen Milne, or excitement machines who exert maximum amounts of pressure, ala Alwyn Davey. As he isn't either of those, then perhaps a run off half back kind of game style should be applied. He has had quite a lot of success in the VFL this year doing that, and that kind of position will give him a lot more confidence.

We need to be patient with this kid, and trust in his potential as we have with the likes of Lovett, as Collingwood have with Davis, Richmond with Tambling and more. Don't write him off yet, I really believe that Leroy can become a very good player under the correct management.

Also, I really doubt that he's a forward pocket. Forward pockets need to be selfish little pricks, ala Stephen Milne, or excitement machines who exert maximum amounts of pressure, ala Alwyn Davey. As he isn't either of those, then perhaps a run off half back kind of game style should be applied. He has had quite a lot of success in the VFL this year doing that, and that kind of position will give him a lot more confidence.

I disagree, immediate future should be as a crumbing forward and as his engine/body build up he can have a run in the middle.

I agree with DT about Jetta. He wasn't taken at about pick 20-21 for nothing. There's no doubt he has an abundance of ability.

This could quite possibly end up biting me on the arse one day.

Would you mind elaborating on this further? I constantly hear about the bucket loads of abililty Jetta has from Essendon supporters but i just can't see it. I think he is one of the more mediocre type indiginous players in terms of natural ability that i have seen. I thought this when i looked at his videos just after we drafted him and i still think it today. And whover called him a midfielder is clearly grasping at straws.

Would you mind elaborating on this further? I constantly hear about the bucket loads of abililty Jetta has from Essendon supporters but i just can't see it. I think he is one of the more mediocre type indiginous players in terms of natural ability that i have seen. I thought this when i looked at his videos just after we drafted him and i still think it today. And whover called him a midfielder is clearly grasping at straws.

Given confidence Sir Jimi, I think he will be a quality crumbing forward.

Patience HB, patience! :thumbsu:

Not all players are superstars at 20 as DT mentioned Davis, Lovett etc.

Lovett showed more in his first game than Jetta has in his career. You could always see the potential with Lovett, same with Davis. I'm sorry but i don't see any potential with Jetta. Just because he is an aboriginal and he has a cool name doesn't mean he is a quick skillful player wit heaps of potential. All i see is mediocre and hype.

Lovett showed more in his first game than Jetta has in his career. You could always see the potential with Lovett, same with Davis. I'm sorry but i don't see any potential with Jetta. Just because he is an aboriginal and he has a cool name doesn't mean he is a quick skillful player wit heaps of potential. All i see is mediocre and hype.

Sorry, did you not watch Jetta's first game?
Don't get me wrong, i would offer him as trade bait, but please..

Agree completely. He lacks the 'black magic' that players like Lovett, Davis, McLeod etc have.

Offer him while he still has currency!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spare me. He has been given very limited opportunities, and is, no doubt, a confidence player- this means that the more game time we get into him, the better he will become.

We need to be patient with this kid, and trust in his potential as we have with the likes of Lovett, as Collingwood have with Davis, Richmond with Tambling and more. Don't write him off yet, I really believe that Leroy can become a very good player under the correct management.

its a good point you raise about jetta possibly having a change of positions at afl level to a running half back, however dont you think he is a bit small for that role, its all good to have an attacking half back but they still need to play on someone, and im just not confidence that a 178cm kid can play that role. height is a massive advantage for defenders. i just dont htink jetta will have the reach to spoil his opponents, the ones that he would have the reach (davis, lecras etc) all push up in the midfield at times and jetta would be a liability at the moment there.

I just dont think there is a role in the team for him unless he stays in the forward pocket

know someone who works at eagles...worsfold definately did not rate him when he was drafted to bombers:thumbsdown:

Would you care to have wager on that?

I see Jetta more of a Shaun Higgins than the Lovett, Davis comparisons.
How so?

I don't see any similarities at all, apart from the fact both play forward and are short-medium sized.

For me I would compare him to Brent Harvey. I rated him back when you guys draft him. Had explosive pace however was just on the small side. Whenever I saw him play for you guys he just didn't seem to have the confidence he had back in the U18's. He might be one that struggles to adapt to senior footy but I think he's one of those guys you really need to persevere with. I wouldn't mind handing over our 2nd rounder at the moment just to see what we can do with him. Does nee to work on his aerobic capacity though. Has X factor about him but doesn't seem to have settled in/developed at your club.

Player Statistics Comparison
_______ Jetta_____Tambling___Davis
_________2009____ 2007____2002
Games_____6________ 20______23
Kicks______35_______160_____191
Handballs___38______112______48
Disposals___73______272______239
Marks______12_______93______55
Goals______ 1_______ 17______31
Behinds____ 3________ 9______19
Tackles____15_______49______53

Can people please stop comparing Jetta to other players like Davis & Tambling because at the same stage of their careers both those players were performing far better than Jetta is & in Davis's case it was in a team that played in the GF. Jetta is & has been a huge dissapointement no matter which way you look at it. He struggles to have any influence at senior level & IMHO has not shown any signs of this improving. He looks lazy to me & unless he has a huge preseason & an attitude adjustment I don't see a future for him in the AFL.

_______ Jetta_____Tambling___Davis
_________2009____ 2007____2002
Games_____6________ 20______23
Kicks______35_______160_____191
Handballs___38______112______48
Disposals___73______272______239
Marks______12_______93______55
Goals______ 1_______ 17______31
Behinds____ 3________ 9______19
Tackles____15_______49______53

Can people please stop comparing Jetta to other players like Davis & Tambling because at the same stage of their careers both those players were performing far better than Jetta is & in Davis's case it was in a team that played in the GF. Jetta is & has been a huge dissapointement no matter which way you look at it. He struggles to have any influence at senior level & IMHO has not shown any signs of this improving. He looks lazy to me & unless he has a huge preseason & an attitude adjustment I don't see a future for him in the AFL.

Reworked for the stats for averages:

__________Jetta_____Tambling___Davis
__________2009______ 2007_____2002
Games______6_________ 20_______23
Kicks_______5.8_________8_______8.3
Handballs___6.3________5.6_______2.1
Disposals___12.1_______13.6______10.3
Marks______2__________4.7_______2.5
Goals______ 0.2________0.9_______1.3
Behinds____ 0.5________ 0.5_______0.8
Tackles____ 2.5________2.5_______2.3