Trade Discussion 2009 - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My trades exactly.

Haven't decide though if i will go Lockyer or Enright. Might come down to popularity, in that case ill go with Enright who is almost half as popular as Lockyer is.

I would wait and see what happens now harley is out for 2-3 weeks enright or mackie might fall back to fill his shoes.. which might effect their scores.. and hopefully you can pick them when there dropped in price after those 2-3 weeks.. give it week and see what they score..

ROK too much of a risk? get your hand off it

He was playing a different role while he was struggling (and yes he might have lost a bit of passion for a few weeks after not getting traded) but now Micky O and BBBH are back, he gets more time up the ground and is no longer a focal point in attack. He also seems to have regained any lost passion

ROK has been one of the most consistent in years gone by and providing Sydney don't lose their 2 main forwards again, he should continue to average 100.

Gia is also a worthy pick and in reality, you couldn't go wrong with either

Yeah mate.. i agree.. not really a risky pick.. you could do hell alot more worse than okeefe.. every player has some level of risk attached to him.. for example GIA.. fluctuating form.. competition for his position and time on ground .. etc..

okeefe is one of the most durable players you can get.. high work rate, scores well and is consistent even when sydney are have a shocker.. not sure why everyones highlighting the fact that he may slip back into a deep forward position.. whos to say that okeefe wont stay in the midfield.. even when mickie O or hall goes down.. hall and mickie o are looking in good form at the moment.. and usually when a player is good form.. they tend to avoid injuries.. but suspension is always a worry with hall..

Yeah mate.. i agree.. not really a risky pick.. you could do hell alot more worse than okeefe.. every player has some level of risk attached to him.. for example GIA.. fluctuating form.. competition for his position and time on ground .. etc..

okeefe is one of the most durable players you can get.. high work rate, scores well and is consistent even when sydney are have a shocker.. not sure why everyones highlighting the fact that he may slip back into a deep forward position.. whos to say that okeefe wont stay in the midfield.. even when mickie O or hall goes down.. hall and mickie o are looking in good form at the moment.. and usually when a player is good form.. they tend to avoid injuries.. but suspension is always a worry with hall..

Gary Abblet says hi!

Midfield is Kornes, Swan, Corey, DalSanto, Coughlan, Muston, Hartlett Anthony.

Going to be generating a fair amount of cash next week, will probably have about 400k.

Forwards are compelte with higgins my 7th fwd. Rucks are good, cox & mcintosh. Backs I am going to be taking a bit of a gamble, downgrading cornes to a rookie and leaving broughton on the field for a while until i can straight swap him with hodge.

Should I be upgrading Hartlett and Coughlan to Bartel and Murphy/Hayes/Gablett possibly? Is Coughlan worth upgrading or is he a keeper? Would I benefit more swapping Cornes to a keeper and just upgrading Hartlett to Bartel?

Broughton is under an injury cloud and i dont know if he is one of the coaches favourite rookies. (ie, hill, suban, deboer) Very risky to DG Cornes and leave broughton on field, but i apploud your bravery :D

Broughton is under an injury cloud and i dont know if he is one of the coaches favourite rookies. (ie, hill, suban, deboer) Very risky to DG Cornes and leave broughton on field, but i apploud your bravery :D

where did you hear about this supposed injury cloud?

he might not be coach’s favourite rookie but the he can play and with Dockers injury woes his job is safe I would say.

Yea it's a huge gamble, but I'm at the stage where it must be made. I will be downgrading chad to grima/broadbent, and with raines as well on the bench I'm hoping between them all I will be able to cover that 7th spot for the 3-4 weeks I need before Hodgey can come in ;), that would leave me with 4 trades left to cover LTIs, and with good full time emergencies in muston (anthony to come you'd think!?), sidebottom and grima I guess, my team will be pretty much right.

Gary Abblet says hi!

Said generally. pretty well known across all sports that a player in form is less likely to get injuries than someone who is underdone and having trouble with their form. Think theres a fair amount of research backing that up.. There are exceptions i guess.. ie injury prone players.. ie chapman etc.. the rule doesn't always apply though.. freak injuries etc...

Higgins, Chapman, Richo all have a injury prone history...

Look at St Kilda... perfect example.. everyone in career best form...top of their peak physically.. hardly anyinjuries.. hardly a change to their lineup all year...

Look at St Kilda... perfect example.. everyone in career best form...top of their peak physically.. hardly anyinjuries.. hardly a change to their lineup all year...

chicken or the egg

rather than good form avoiding injuries

perhaps the lack of injuries is promoting good form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

where did you hear about this supposed injury cloud?

he might not be coach’s favourite rookie but the he can play and with Dockers injury woes his job is safe I would say.

Say what?

:eek:

He hurt his ankle in the 3rd term, spent 10-15 mins on the bench, came back on and only kicked with his left foot.

Note that Freo only had 18 fit players when he came back on, so I suggest that if they didnt have the injuries he may have sat out the match.

Also note that Freo are quite good with late withdrawals, cant remember them pulling any bullshit this year (although they ****ed us last year with Pav) so Id assume that wed know if Broughts was good to go Thursday night.

He hurt his ankle in the 3rd term, spent 10-15 mins on the bench, came back on and only kicked with his left foot.

Note that Freo only had 18 fit players when he came back on, so I suggest that if they didnt have the injuries he may have sat out the match.

Also note that Freo are quite good with late withdrawals, cant remember them pulling any bullshit this year (although they ****ed us last year with Pav) so Id assume that wed know if Broughts was good to go Thursday night.
Are you sure he only used his left?
If he misses, I have to trade Chad otherwise I cop a zero.

chicken or the egg

rather than good form avoiding injuries

perhaps the lack of injuries is promoting good form

yeah perhaps a bit of both... who knows they seem to be immune to the current swathe of minor/major injuries that is rife this year.. Considering their past history with injuries across the board..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back