List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

I believe you should have tried (no idea if WC tried or not), and you had the points to possibly get up to 27 before the Brockman trade.

However, it would have to have been a live trade on the night.

WC should have walked Brockman through the PSD.

Geelong used to have a similar trade reputation as WC & BRIS, we just get trades done.

Now you can see Geelong are pr!cks at the trade table.

Even Gold Coast look to be competent now.

In the new age of shorter, shallower drafts, picks hold a higher value (forever the draft points index).

We experienced that in a trade of one of our own players. We wanted a future third round pick (points for Ashcroft), but Melbourne would only trade us a pick they didn’t intend to use in the draft this year.
That’s what I thought the strategy would be, to get an extra pick in the 20s by trading up. There were plenty of options with GCS alone and yes a live trade. Won’t be happening now. I was very much all for a reasonable negotiation with Hawthorn until they turned into Geelong.

Is the inference we’re splitting 1? Or trading future picks?
The inference is that we have only 3 draft picks that are of any value which means either we are taking only 3 picks or we are going to split a pick or picks or we are looking at trading a pick from next year to get back into the draft somewhere along the line.

For me we need to keep Pick 1, Split pick 23 and use 37. Pick 58 may allow us to match a bid on one of our Academy players if someone bids after pick 40 leaving us with a slight points deficit.

Go to the draft with 1, X, X, 37. Only issue with that is the only team who have picks that could benefit us is Gold Coast who will be looking to match bids on 4 Academy players.

Maybe trade our 2nd or 3rd round pick from next year as 2024 will be even more compromised than this year.

Should we leave a spot open for the supplemental selection period or hope gaff retires before the mid season draft?
There's usually a few guys who really lift their games after missing out and we've done well with the MSD the last couple of years

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s what I thought the strategy would be, to get an extra pick in the 20s by trading up. There were plenty of options with GCS alone and yes a live trade. Won’t be happening now. I was very much all for a reasonable negotiation with Hawthorn until they turned into Geelong.
We can still bundle 37 + 58 for 28 as like-for-like and take 1, 23, 28 & 81 to the draft as 81 will effectively be a pick in the 50s after academy/FS and picks passed

In the last decade, there’s been one player walked to the PSD instead of being traded across the league - Jack Martin to Carlton in 2019. Didn’t look further back than that

But yeah every other club would have gone to the PSD if it was us with Brockman
Jackson hately got walked to the PSD by the crows too.

Nobody cares about pick 63. I certainly don't.

I do however think it should've been 58 rather than 44. Absolutely. You can chuck 63, and 81 in there along with it 58 for all I care, but we overpaid brah.

I'm somewhat disappointed that there literally could not have been a more blatant trade setup in our favour, with us holding every single card at the trade table, and yet we still seem to have overpaid.

Taken with a late pick ✅
Yet to cement a spot in their side ✅
Hasn't done much at AFL level ✅
Out of contract ✅
Has already left the state and relocated back to WA with his young family ✅
We've got the #1 pick in the PSD ✅

I mean wowee, is there anything that could possibly be added onto that for the slam dunk? Hawthorn had nothing, nothing whatsoever to lean on, and yet they've still eked a bullshit freebie out of us.

As far as keeping the piece and good trade relations go, Hawthorn can **** right off for good. Put a line through those unreasonable campaigners after this.

"Pick 44 is not enough, add more..." Seriously? Hows about EADC. When I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not 🦴🐕

Before some strawman (Thorne) points out how much better Brockman is "guaranteed" to be than the pick 44 we've just given up, I'll remind you to take a look at where Noah Schlong went in the draft.

This was a freebie for Hawthorn, we were waaay too generous IMO. Despite the actual threat of the PSD we still wilted. Hardly melt worthy, but still a bit annoying.

I'm hoping Rohan has a reason for this up his sleeve. The idea of taking another player in the PSD and that's why we're saving that selection is ridiculous if you ask me.

Come at me campaigners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do however think it should've been 58 rather than 44. Absolutely. You can chuck 63, and 81 in there along with it 58 for all I care, but we overpaid brah.

I'm somewhat disappointed that there literally could not have been a more blatant trade setup in our favour, with us holding every single card at the trade table, and yet we still seem to have overpaid.

Taken with a late pick ✅
Out of contract ✅

I mean wowee, is there anything that could possibly be added onto that for the slam dunk? Hawthorn had nothing, nothing whatsoever to lean on, and yet they've still eked a bullshit freebie out of us.

As far as keeping the piece and good trade relations go, Hawthorn can * right off for good. Put a line through those unreasonable campaigners after this.

"Pick 44 is not enough, add more..." Seriously? Hows about EADC. When I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not 🦴🐕

Before some strawman (Thorne) points out how much better Brockman is "guaranteed" to be than the pick 44 we've just given up, I'll remind you to take a look at where Noah Schlong went in the draft.

This was a freebie for Hawthorn, we were waaay too generous IMO. Despite the actual threat of the PSD we still wilted. Hardly melt worthy, but still a bit annoying.

I'm hoping Rohan has a reason for this up his sleeve. The idea of taking another player in the PSD and that's why we're saving that selection is ridiculous if you ask me.

Come at me campaigners.
That's a hell of a lot of effort you've gone to there with that rant over a pick in the 60s

We can still bundle 37 + 58 for 28 as like-for-like and take 1, 23, 28 & 81 to the draft as 81 will effectively be a pick in the 50s after academy/FS and picks passed
We could potentially but if GCS were going to take that offer we could have got their 24 instead. That would also have given us consecutive picks (23,24) which is always very helpful. The West also seems to think that our pick will be the first on night 2. I’m not sure that’s right but if it is that would have also meant we’d have first 2 picks on night 2 which we could have got a motza for.

Ryan and his injury is a big question. Huge. Don't expect the old Ryan. He will have to play within himself and resist the temptation to do some of the things he does until he gets half a season of match fitness into him. Quite possible he plays WAFL for a while once he is ready to play.

Cripps has 2 yrs max left in him.

Petricelli isn't a small forward.

In 2 yrs long and brochman will the main smalls with Ryan aging.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd like to see Ryan get used as a lead up fwd.

That said, we resist kicking to a lead up fwd. We prefer to just bomb it in & hope.

We’re not interested in revisiting the hot topic of 2020/21 early 22 thanks.

Please stick to spewing about about losing pick 63 and ripping into ROB

👌🏽
Why are you happy to use picks for a unproven player when we didn't have too, Big fella. Let's be honest we need every advantage we can get. The AFL will give us f..k all Hawthorn will give us f..k all.

Taken with a late pick ✅
Out of contract ✅

As far as keeping the piece and good trade relations go, Hawthorn can * right off for good. Put a line through those unreasonable campaigners after this.

Come at me campaigners.t

100% correct. We seem to always overpay.

Ryan and his injury is a big question. Huge. Don't expect the old Ryan. He will have to play within himself and resist the temptation to do some of the things he does until he gets half a season of match fitness into him. Quite possible he plays WAFL for a while once he is ready to play.

Cripps has 2 yrs max left in him.

Petricelli isn't a small forward.

In 2 yrs long and brochman will the main smalls with Ryan aging.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Who says?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Taken with a late pick ✅
Out of contract ✅

Come at me campaigners.
46iq5ecf6ht31.jpg

DS going the epic melt because we used pick 44 instead of 58 is elite areas.

It’s 14 spots in the 3rd round in a garbage draft you silly kent.

And it is unlikely to be 14 spots.

Ironically 58 will come in 1 place when the Hawks match a bid with 44 (and a whole lot more with GC, WB etc).

It is probably a 4-5 spot difference in the draft all said and done. In an area where quite a number of teams will pass.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back