Recruiting Trade/Draft Talk III - Zaharakis for a SIG BET?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are stingrays boys Sam Fowler Dan Allsop and Mason De Wits chances of ending up on a list through any of the drafts and if so where?

2016 List - Primary list: 39, Rookie(A): 5 & Rookie(B): 1

Changes - Primary List: 9, Rookie(A): 4 & Rookie(B): 1

So far - Additions to Primary list: 5

If we want to follow last year's list model 39 and 5, then 4 spots available in the Primary list and 4 in the Rookie(A) list.

It will very likely to be 40 and 4 model, so 5 and 3 spots available respectively. If Smack gets delisted then 6 spots in the Primary list.

Which will then allow for 4 in National Draft, 1 PSD and 1 delisted free agent. Given Eades will be rookied, 2 new rookies.

2016 List - Primary list: 39, Rookie(A): 5 & Rookie(B): 1

Changes - Primary List: 9, Rookie(A): 4 & Rookie(B): 1

So far - Additions to Primary list: 5

If we want to follow last year's list model 39 and 5, then 4 spots available in the Primary list and 4 in the Rookie(A) list.

It will very likely to be 40 and 4 model, so 5 and 3 spots available respectively. If Smack gets delisted then 6 spots in the Primary list.

Which will then allow for 4 in National Draft, 1 PSD and 1 delisted free agent. Given Eades will be rookied, 2 new rookies.
What's likely do you think, given we've been linked to X Richards and Green Egsanham? 3 or 4 taken in the ND? ... Or is it a case of **** knows?

What's likely do you think, given we've been linked to X Richards and Green Egsanham? 3 or 4 taken in the ND? ... Or is it a case of **** knows?

I think taking 4 picks to nationsl draft is good as guaranteed in a strong draft.

If Smack is delisted then 2 more list spots will be available. It might be Richards and Green and we don't take any in the PSD.

With the delisted free agent rules introduced hardly anyone is taken in the PSD. I can't think of a big name who is unsigned, and might be available in the PSD.

Or it could be we sign one of Richards or Green and get other to train with us. Then if we are happy we get them in the PSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, I'm fine. I'm confident that those two are both stupid enough to literally shit their pants in front of Woosha or something.

If we take Richards and Green it means there are 4 open spots on the list. If we delist McKernan that becomes 5.

1: Squab McGrath
20: Spice Powell-Pepper
29: Speedy Gonzales Gallucci
41: Shorty Long
68: Sizeable Cameron

Richards said he didn't care If he got picked up, he just wanted to be back in Melbourne, that worries me from a commitment perspective. Will he push as hard, does he want to be the best, does he have that drive? Personally I think it would be a waste of time getting him when you could pick up a draftee with 10X more drive easily. Richards hasn't shown THAT much for me to ignore that seemingly non committal mindset.

Green shits me but he has more talent than Richards and does appear to want to make a career for himself. If he is willing to work on parts of his game then that is someone I can support coming to the club. But id want more from him, is the attitude right, did you leave Lions due to wanting money that you may not be worth. If that is what motivates him again I don't want him at the club.

Id much rather give those two list spots to two draftees who we have identified as filling a need, but also who are desperate to have a good career, who are hungry to succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back