Recruiting Trade/Draft Talk III - Zaharakis for a SIG BET?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jye was drafted as a rookie on the back of a Nick Maxwell rookie search at the back end of 2010 (iirc) and was subsequently rookie listed having previously not been apart of any elite underage system.

A running machine (pretty sure he runs an elite beep - 14+) and is quite a good user of the ball. The marking must have come on later but remember watching that pre - season game mentioned in the AFL.com.au article he dominated us at Gosch's paddock. A wingman/hbf at the time, he has progressed into one of the best state league onballers evidenced by his best afield in the state game and backed up with the Sandover medal as the WAFL best and fairest player of 2016.

Just thinking about it, would genuinely be excited at the prospect of him joining us. Could plug and play anywhere from onball to HBF or wing. Has a few tricks.
He'll get picked up! Hopefully by us. Not really getting talked up at all though.

Bloody hell making player profiles is time consuming with still heaps more i could do, I should have my final update to my Phantom Draft on the 21st. I'll be doing every pick and include profiles of potential rookies. I'll be doing some minor profiles for players in next years draft aswell which will have its own thread on the Phantom board.

Great stuff mate, we appreciate all the work you put in. I just bought the SEN Inside Footy draft special and gees it's disappointing. All they do is quote remarks from the players own coaches and GMs. What else are they going to say ...it all sounds the same. No individual assessment from any of the two 'experts'.

One of who mentions in another section that they should change the date of the draft to just after combine and that the current date only suits AFL dragging it out!!! No it's to allow these kids time to complete their exams!

Great stuff mate, we appreciate all the work you put in. I just bought the SEN Inside Footy draft special and gees it's disappointing. All they do is quote remarks from the players own coaches and GMs. What else are they going to say ...it all sounds the same. No individual assessment from any of the two 'experts'.

One of who mentions in another section that they should change the date of the draft to just after combine and that the current date only suits AFL dragging it out!!! No it's to allow these kids time to complete their exams!
Cheers mate, as someone who can only watch it's good to read what the coaches think and how the describe the players character and work ethic, Brett is pretty good and when he does his own Phantom drafts and rankings he puts a lot into it. Sucks he didn't do his Phantom first round like last years but he will be doing one and should be free to read unlike the inside footy magaezine. Yeah as much as I want the draft to hurry up it's late for a reason and not sure what that other guy was on about he obviously doesn't understand or is taking the piss

Loved the story on SPS. There's some major talent early in this draft - any of mccluggage, McGrath, SPS, Brodie, Taranto and some of the academy guys would be worthy no.1 picks in any given year. It's a shame we couldn't do a deal to get two top ten picks. It will be interesting to see who turns out best player in this crop.

Pick 1 in the rookie drsft should be evasa ratugolea if he's gets there. Would be an aweosme player to develop. Is a great kid to.

I started the Simpkin bandwagon on here so of course I go with him. Highly doubt he makes it to us but would be an absolute steal at 20 and would grab him over anyone else that could slide to that pick

I'd take him at 20 without question.

Pick 1 in the rookie drsft should be evasa ratugolea if he's gets there. Would be an aweosme player to develop. Is a great kid to.
Sav Rat? Yes please

Unlikely to make it to the rookie draft IMO.
I would consider him for at 68 (or even 41, depending on who else is available) especially if we don't pick Battle/Marshall earlier in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlikely to make it to the rookie draft IMO.
I would consider him for at 68 (or even 41, depending on who else is available) especially if we don't pick Battle/Marshall earlier in the draft.
41 is definitely too early for him. If 68 is a live pick then yeah you'd consider him then but you never know.

41 is definitely too early for him. If 68 is a live pick then yeah you'd consider him then but you never know.
I think you're probably right there; if only because he is probably too short @ 195cm currently to ruck in the AFL. A bit less attractive as an option because of that I reckon...

I think you're probably right there; if only because he is probably too short @ 195cm currently to ruck in the AFL. A bit less attractive as an option because of that I reckon...
Apparently his leap makes up for it but yeah if only he was another 5-10 cm taller.

So how many spots are available on the main list?

Do we have room for 4 in the national draft and one in the PSD, plus two more spots for Richards and Green?
(Overall 7 spots?)

So how many spots are available on the main list?

Do we have room for 4 in the national draft and one in the PSD, plus two more spots for Richards and Green?
(Overall 7 spots?)
34 locked in on the senior list for next year, McKernan in limbo (including him would make 35).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back