List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to trade/drafts/target rumours seeing we’ve complained far too much about the pick, it is what it is...

Does anyone know if any clubs require picks 38,39,40 for F\S or zone selections? What are the chances that we will improve these picks to something earlier? We’re gonna have more come our way with Menadue and potentially Butler and McIntosh leaving.

That is all perfectly well and true, however since contacts are not know to anyone but the club, AFL and the player all those outside of these groups can speculate. Since that is the case, all that is known is the media reported figure for the full contact value. In that case, the Tigers got shafted, as the whole contract reporting shows, Ellis was offered a contract comparable to other players mentioned

Dude this is what I've been saying

Are you just complaining because I'm not on Team **** You AFL?

Not everyone has to have the same ****ing opinion in this place

After the first three backs (who are already in our 22) it drops of pretty quickly doesn't it? Garth will need a big pre-season, Balta's still a kid, they've thrown Miller forward to fast-track Balta's development (Not great signs for Miller) and if we're resorting to Chol or CCJ playing KPD it only proves my point more.
It drops off, same as any other club in the league. It's not like there's another Dylan Grimes just sitting around somewhere waiting to get his chance with us. These guys are elite.

What sort of player could she possibly be talking about who is mid 20s and would come to our club to be a back up KPD or KPF behind Rance/Grimes/Astbury or Riewoldt/Lynch. Because whoever that player is, they're gonna have to be better than Garthwaite/Balta/Chol/CCJ/Martin/Caddy. As in, literally name some players who you think fit this category.

Can someone explain something please.

Prior to the AFL letting us know what compo wed receive, many thought that even if we got Band 2, that would in effect be the same result as Band 1 because of where our picks fell in the draft (end of round 1 v start of round 2).

Did we actually get a band 3, or had a lot of people been misinformed about how band 1 v band 2 would operate?
Band 1 is after your 1st round pick (your original pick if traded to someone else)
Band 2 is at the end of the 1st round.
For the premiers, they give exactly the same, unless other clubs have a band 2 pick - then your band 2 is after theirs.
Band 3 is after your 2nd round pick - I assume this is what we are getting.

Band 1 & Band 3 heavily penalise you for success. The pick 39 we get would be pick 22 if we were last on the ladder.
That's why Hawthorn got pick 19 or whatever for Buddy while Melbourne got pick 3 for Frawley - both Band 1.

The issue i have apart from the lack of transparentcy from the AFL is why couldn't they judge that while pick 20 is to low and pick 39 is too high why they couldn't meet in the middle.
Didn't a few clubs get a compo pick around the 10 mark recently?
Yes that would have been a good result and it does mention the AFL has discretion to alter compensation as they see fit.

Far to sensible for them

Back to trade/drafts/target rumours seeing we’ve complained far too much about the pick, it is what it is...

Does anyone know if any clubs require picks 38,39,40 for F\S or zone selections? What are the chances that we will improve these picks to something earlier? We’re gonna have more come our way with Menadue and potentially Butler and McIntosh leaving.

GWS has a player likely to go top 5, they have pick 12 & 18 then 55, 77.
38+39+40 = slightly more points than pick 12. They may consider trading.

Freo & Hawthorn have players, but probably not bid until after their picks 7 & 11 respectively, so unlikely to want to trade their first round picks and not really interested in their next picks - 26 & 30.

St Kilda's pick 6 is worth considering, as they have multiple players they want to trade in but SFA currency (6, 57, 69). They would find our picks 19,38,39,40 handy given they are interested in Hill, Ryder, Zac Jones, Dougal Howard, Sam Gray..... I'd consider trading 19,38,39 & Butler for pick 6 & their 2020 2nd rounder. Or something like that, I imagine they may need a trade like that more than we do. But I'd rather have pick 6 and 70 than 19,38,39,40.

Nope not paranoid at all.

Just venting my frustration at how 4 players on similar length/value deals, can have 3 adjudged to be worth a band 2 pick while the 4th isn't.

The only way it works out is if the Suns base is about $150-200k below overall yearly average of $600k, which would cause a drop in points awarded to put him below the band 2 threshold.

Highly unlikely that he would have left for that sort of high risk deal given it's supposed to be about setting up his family for life.
Also highly unlikely as the guaranteed $$ is what attracted GC over pursuing an ess offer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone seen the highlights on the Suns' website....

They've just taken stock photos of Brandon, edited in a sherrin, moved his arms and played some commentary in the background. I don't know whether to laugh at the effort they went to making a low budget 60 second stop motion clip or to laugh at the fact that they couldn't find/make a highlight reel of Ellis or to laugh at why they didn't just use the AFL website's own highlights package. Feel sorry for the fans because he actually has some decent highlights.

I hope that with the AFL screwing us over with the Ellis pick we grit our teeth and make sure we get fair value (not unreasonable but fair) for guys like Butler. The fact that the club has publicly stated their disappointment makes me think we had plans with that pick, so we need to be clever and trade our way up. Look forward to seeing what we do.

Freo & Hawthorn have players, but probably not bid until after their picks 7 & 11 respectively, so unlikely to want to trade their first round picks and not really interested in their next picks - 26 & 30.

St Kilda's pick 6 is worth considering, as they have multiple players they want to trade in but SFA currency (6, 57, 69). They would find our picks 19,38,39,40 handy given they are interested in Hill, Ryder, Zac Jones, Dougal Howard, Sam Gray..... I'd consider trading 19,38,39 & Butler for pick 6 & their 2020 2nd rounder. Or something like that, I imagine they may need a trade like that more than we do. But I'd rather have pick 6 and 70 than 19,38,39,40.
Great analysis Smurfin
Hawks have a FS who killed it at the combine and is looking likely they’ll have to use one of their early picks

As you mentioned 38,39,40 is the equivalent of 11 or 12. I’m not sure of the merit of trading up this year the draft is apparently very even (according to David King) from 8- mid 30s.

Maybe somehow if we could push our way into the top 8 using our first and combo of other picks. Think this would be unlikely however

I would use 19, 74, 76 in this years draft & try to trade away 38, 39, 40 for a teams 1st rounder next year. Someone desperate for points this year will come to the party. Don't forget we will likely get picks for Butler, Menadue, McIntosh as well.

and that GWS player is a grandson of a Tiger legend, so let him cut his teeth at the Giants for a couple of years then bring him down to Tigerland :D:thumbsu:

Anyone seen the highlights on the Suns' website....

They've just taken stock photos of Brandon, edited in a sherrin, moved his arms and played some commentary in the background. I don't know whether to laugh at the effort they went to making a low budget 60 second stop motion clip or to laugh at the fact that they couldn't find/make a highlight reel of Ellis or to laugh at why they didn't just use the AFL website's own highlights package. Feel sorry for the fans because he actually has some decent highlights.
This is so bad ahaha. Also 'a look to the player of Brandon Ellis' what kind of sentence is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back