List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide are having a rough offseason.

Lever will be a massive loss. They have some pretty good defenders, but they are more limited, not the complete player Lever is. They did not get overs for him, just about fair value.

Gibbs won't help them win a Premiereship. Their weakness is a lack of toughness and pressure, Gibbs fails at both. An outside mid with a nice kick but not great pace won't make much difference in finals.

Their forward line is a real weakness. Too big and not built for finals. Because of this, Cameron is more important to them than Gibbs would be. If they trade him out they're in trouble.
I think you're under rating Gibbs a fair bit.

I believe you can’t sign a delisted FA during trade week as their FA period hasn’t opened yet (unless they have changed when delisted FA occurs). However, in the past clubs have bypassed that by agreeing to a trade for a nothing pick. Not saying it will happen here, but if it were to happen this week that is how.
What about after the 2pm close?

I believe you can’t sign a delisted FA during trade week as their FA period hasn’t opened yet (unless they have changed when delisted FA occurs). However, in the past clubs have bypassed that by agreeing to a trade for a nothing pick. Not saying it will happen here, but if it were to happen this week that is how.

Can't trade someone you've already delisted.

it is shite, you see all these fake rumours for a whole week then people suggesting woeful trade ideas that will never happen

The spirit of Gubby may not have entirely left the building, so the chances of us downgrading our 2017 first rounder and giving away our 2018 first rounder to get a 2017 second round pick and enable someone else's trade on the final day are still quite high...

I have to agree 2 weeks of media talk on AFL Trades,It's to long but why ? (Money)
The AFL needs to shorten this to one week after the Grand Final!

AFL headquarters have always felt a desperate need to stay in the public focus in the off season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide are having a rough offseason.

Lever will be a massive loss. They have some pretty good defenders, but they are more limited, not the complete player Lever is. They did not get overs for him, just about fair value.

Seriously where is all this man-love coming from?

Lever is a good intercept mark, although I still suspect that's partly due to Adelaide's pressure through HF / midfield not giving the ball carrier time and space or slowing things down (lets lso not forget he has one of the best KPD's in the game locking down the best opposition KPF every week).

Lever gets beaten easily in one-on-one contests against any forward with even a little size on a regular basis - to be honest he's a fairly average one-on-one defender from what I've seen and frequently looks lost when it comes to body-on-body work.

That hardly makes for a "complete" player by any measure you care to use imo.

Last edited:
Worst trade period ever

Well its been one of the most boring trade periods l can recall, and l read it has been one of the quietest in a longtime. It also was suggested this tread could continue, not many players swapping clubs, going into the future trade periods.
I really hope the AFL loook at this period, and realise its not good for the game, it is just boring and comical at times. So l hope the AFL reduce it to 7 days, give the clubs a kick in ass, to be prepared and ready to deal, instead of the indecisiveness that occurs now.

Well its been one of the most boring trade periods l can recall, and l read it has been one of the quietest in a longtime. It also was suggested this tread could continue, not many players swapping clubs, going into the future trade periods.
I really hope the AFL loook at this period, and realise its not good for the game, it is just boring and comical at times. So l hope the AFL reduce it to 7 days, give the clubs a kick in ass, to be prepared and ready to deal, instead of the indecisiveness that occurs now.
The Warnock trade year still takes the cake. AFL would be loving this. Everyone refreshing pages frantically, tuning into radio non stop to get any tiny morsel of info. Hell, they are probably leaking the bogus stories to keep us all hooked. It's all tasty, tasty revenue for them.

Quick or slow it doesnt make any difference. Its not designed as a spectator sport, its designed to give clubs, players and player managers all the time they need to make important career decisions.

The main reason its boring this year is because theres not many huge names changing clubs.

Quick or slow it doesnt make any difference. Its not designed as a spectator sport, its designed to give clubs, players and player managers all the time they need to make important career decisions.

The main reason its boring this year is because theres not many huge names changing clubs.
Exactly, and its not up to the AFL to ensure deals get done, that is solely a club prerogative

Every year clubs stand back from the trading period....the Collingwood Bubble is strong this year

I blame the joke that is trade radio for turning it into the “spectacle” it’s become! I mean it’s bizarre that people are actually complaining about it being boring. It’s not supposed to be entertaining!!!

Hhen we are throwing names like Collins around for depth, why don't we at least go with someone who has proven capable at the level. Not someone who's been in the system for 2 years- drafted as a mature ager and can't get a game.

Mitch Brown could easily be of value like a Lynden Dunn.
He wouldn't look out of place and has played forward or back so adds flexibility. He'd be cheap too.

Apparently played on ball for St Kevin's in the amateurs- under the guidance of our very own Michael Christian.

We could seriously do a lot worse like players like Collins, Schade etc.

For a year or two, he'd be handy. We should have taken him on last year.

I dunno, I reckon Nathan has been a fair bit better than him virtually the whole time since they were drafted. If we didn't want Nathan I don't see why we'd want Mitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back