List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by that video, we don't have any with the line breaking potential of that kid. Judging by that video, there aren't many in the league who have the line breaking potential of that kid. Get excited, I say.

Are you telling we don't have any quick player's.. I mean how friggen quick can a footballer get ffs. Generally speaking there's enough players in your side to break the lines.

Our talks up forward next year are going to probably be Ben Reid and a combination of Cox and Grundy.

Seriously was this not a need we could have looked to fulfil this season??? We will have the worst KPF stocks in the Comp...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

But the difference is this was a rookie who was reportedly delisted (or about to be).
No evidence to back up valuing him high enough to give up a 2nd rounder.

We got screwed and had no need to do so. If we weren't Collingwood and didnt publicly say we were after him he would've been delisted and available as a DFA or in the PSD. But once Sydney knew we wanted him they played hard ball and we gave in rather than just hold out ground. I dont see how he was a necessary addition, and I dont see how he was worth a 2nd rounder.

And if we wanted a late pick for Brown I'm sure there wouldve been much cheaper ways to do it.

We got screwed and the club ****** up - no two ways about it.

The Swans had offered him an upgrade to the Cat A rookie list for 2018 which is likely all they thought they'd need to do to retain him. They obviously hadn't anticipated external interest in him. The speculation around delisting was that he'd become a delisted FA if he knocked the rookie contract offer back as it wasn't an upgrade to the senior list as I understand it.

Good point, GWS AFL listed players in the NEAFL get 40pos on a bad day. Tom Mitchell got 60 one day didn’t he?
reg
firstly HBF - hardly in the engine room.
secondly - watch his vision - runs hard and BREAKS LINES, carrying the ball. 2 possessions from a line breaking ball carrier are worth 5 dinky little passes.

It's unlikely the kid is the second coming but you are using a broad brush to paint this kid into a corner.

How many DFA's you think we will take.

I would like Mullett and Collins.

I know Murray sort of takes that half back role, but competition for spots is healthy. I think Sinclair and Ramsay will both be delisted, so there isn't much coverage there.

I think that will probably rule us out of taking Coffield at 6 because I don't think we'd want to recruit 3 half backs flankers in 1 draft. So I'm tipping we take Brander or Balta at 6. I think the need for a KPP outweighs the best available theory. Balta and Brander are best available talls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well next year is going to be very interesting, considering this trade period we havent remedied any of the list issues we have, or strengthed the poor areas on field.
Not sure what the stratergy or thinking was going into the trade period, but internally the list must be highly rated to those external. To me the current list is not good enough to play finals, hence why l thought we would look at some viable options this trade period. I hope l am wrong about next year and we can play finals, but l think the weaknesses we had pre trade remain post trade.
Talk about running the gauntlet, well Bucks will be doing that again next year. lm feeling the club loves putting this guy under the pump, as he will have his work cut out next year. He will basically have the same list next season so he will need to get each player to improve that 3-5% in order to make finals. Whoa!!!!
To be honest, I don't think there was any strategy or thinking going in. Seems like everyone was holding on till our Lord and Saviour NED GUY comes in to actually take control of the sinking ship given the fiasco last season. And despite their best efforts to do next to nothing, Derick Hine and the rest of the recruiting department couldn't even stick to that strategy of dont **** up, just wait for Guy

So we have put all our eggs in the "Get Lynch Basket'.
What happens if we dont get him?????
The club has stopped thinking about the future based on the HOPE that we get Lynch next year.
The club has No Idea.
Part of me hopes that we do not get Lynch so the people responsible for this trade period can all GAGF.

Interesting thought process there mate :drunk:

I'm sure someone has or is he the invisible man? Pyeman on EBnW has seen him and he also thinks its well overs.

Just referring to the fact that he's never played a senior game.
I need the club to come out and tell us all why such a horrible, one sided trade was done.
And I don't want to hear them use the word "confusion".

Imagine the Suns next year if Lynch says I want to go the Pies.

Well we gave up pick 2 for Weller so using that as a benchmark, 2018 and 19 first round, Sidey, Moore and De Goey should do it.

Hine will then turn around and say ... "I'm pre-greased.. have at it." ... like he normally does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back