List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a bit radical, but I just think we should put a $600-700k offer in front of both/either of Charlie Curnow or Harry McKay. Carlton want our first pick? Yea no worries. It's not like there's elite KPP talent in our draft range anyways.
Also, next time they come out of contract Carlton would have to pay up.
The only downfall I see is our current players being pissed because a young newbie has come in and is probably earning more than 75% of the list.
But if that's what it's gonna take to get a KPF in, so be it.

I don't mind the thinking of offering Curnow a contract, maybe not $700k, but something like a 4 year deal worth around $2.4 - 2.5 mil? Would certainly put him in the higher range for a kid his age. I think our first round pick would tempt Carlton, and agreed there isn't a lot of KPP talent. Carlton I imagine will play hard ball but if Gibbs left having, two top ten picks to pick 2 new elite midfield talents, plus whatever Adelaide give them (you'd imagine another 1-2 first round picks) they would be tempted to go to the draft with 3-4 first round picks. Can't see it happening but geez he'd look good devolving him alongside Darcy Moore over the next few years.

I don't mind the thinking of offering Curnow a contract, maybe not $700k, but something like a 4 year deal worth around $2.4 - 2.5 mil? Would certainly put him in the higher range for a kid his age. I think our first round pick would tempt Carlton, and agreed there isn't a lot of KPP talent. Carlton I imagine will play hard ball but if Gibbs left having, two top ten picks to pick 2 new elite midfield talents, plus whatever Adelaide give them (you'd imagine another 1-2 first round picks) they would be tempted to go to the draft with 3-4 first round picks. Can't see it happening but geez he'd look good devolving him alongside Darcy Moore over the next few years.

No point sitting on our hands waiting for something to happen. You just got to get it done!

No point sitting on our hands waiting for something to happen. You just got to get it done!

Certainly with you there mate! Have felt for a while the club has been sitting on their hands, 'waiting for things to happen'. Would love to see some real aggression and eagerness this time round.

Would love to see us throw a few bob at Nick Riewoldt if he and the Saints decide retirement is best option for both parties.

Get him over on a Sam Mitchell/Dermott Brereton-like deal. Expect 10-12 games out of him and his dodgy knee. Let him be a forward line coach, make sure he doesn't travel. Let him tutor Darcy every week on and off the field.

I don't think there'd be much chance - I think he'd rather retire a one-club man, but one of the key ingredients that I think we really lack is leadership - especially in the forward line - he'd be invaluable for a season as a wise head and extra forward line depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only him a couple of years ago saying he looked up to Scott Pendlebury and picked his brain over a coffee instead of his own leaders. And he's out of contract.

That's all there is but I'm clinging to it!
Saints Won't let him go.

Be Ready to be Devastated Then;)

What about a bloke from this week's mob? Harrison Wigg. Elite disposal usage as an under-18, plays of half back. Averaged 19 disposals at 81% efficiency and his kicking accuracy has been likened to Matt Suckling and Sam Mitchell (he's even about the same size as Sammy) with his ability to make the right decision and then execute it. For some reason can't get a gig in the crows side despite being one their best week in week out in the SANFL. Averages 20+ possessions in the 2's, uses the ball really well and rarely turns it over, would a late pick get him to the pies? Could he be the set up type player we've been crying out for in the back half of the ground?

Don't know much about him but it appears his form has improved over his 3 years at the Crows.

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/119322/Harrison-WIGG

Early reports seemed to suggest he didn't have a tank as he continually faded out of games.

Guess getting a gig as a small defender at the Crows is a tough gig. Is he quick? Is he actually a small defender or another aspiring midfielder?

Thomas was injured, Frawley was moved forward because they knew he was leaving, these players are and were big tie moves.

Those two were above average footballers that cashed in with "too good to refuse deals". There was nothing big time about them given they were nowhere near top tier players. The last player to fit the criteria was Moore.

Dusty is leaving Richmond, make no mistake of that. North Melbourne is his new home just to rub some salt into the wounds of Richmond supporters.
It would be better is he left Richmond for Collingwood and he came out and stated that he left because we have a better list.

Those two were above average footballers that cashed in with "too good to refuse deals". There was nothing big time about them given they were nowhere near top tier players. The last player to fit the criteria was Moore.
Agree that Frawley wasn't big time. With hindsight Daisy wasn't, but at the time, even with a wonky ankle, Daisy had shown some cracking form before he was traded. Seem to remember a 30 or 40 touch game from him off half back in between being injured. I have no doubt Carlton an MM thought that they were recruiting 'big time' Daisy rather than 'shadow of his former self' Daisy when they made their offer to him. I'd say he was line ball on a big time trade without the benefit of hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back