List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First round pick, pick 36 and Sidey to North for Ben Brown and their Second?

Would love to then get a small shut down defender in as well, Luke Brown (Crows) Adam Kennedy from GWS or Tom Ruggles (Geelong) can all play on the damaging small types. Brown and maybe Kennedy could cost us the second due to quality adn contracts, think Ruggles would be the cheapest out of all of them

Langdon to GC for Fiorini would be a steal!

Wouldn't mind lining up as;
Ruggles? Dunn Scahrenberg
Maynard Reid Howe

Grundy De Goey Adams
Treloar Pendlebury Fiorini

Wells Moore WHE
Fasolo Brown Elliot

Goldsack Wills Varcoe Crisp
None of these are realistic though. Brown is a star and has no reason to leave North, Fiorini for Langdon could never ever happen, Brown has re-signed and Ruggles isGeelong through and through. I'd maybe be interested in Kennedy if available but wouldn't pay a lot for him.

Fair enough I haven't seen the stats but I believe you. I still think lobb will be a very good player and is still quite young. Simply for KPP you pay overs. Yes I would rather a Patton or Brown but can't see either club letting them go. Otherwise go to the draft simply.
Cox is a better option than Lobb. Already comfortably a better goalscorer on stats despite being much less experienced and there is less than 2 years difference in age but Lobb has much more footy experience. Cox has more potential for mine.

First round pick, pick 36 and Sidey to North for Ben Brown and their Second?

Would love to then get a small shut down defender in as well, Luke Brown (Crows) Adam Kennedy from GWS or Tom Ruggles (Geelong) can all play on the damaging small types. Brown and maybe Kennedy could cost us the second due to quality adn contracts, think Ruggles would be the cheapest out of all of them

Langdon to GC for Fiorini would be a steal!

Wouldn't mind lining up as;
Ruggles? Dunn Scahrenberg
Maynard Reid Howe

Grundy De Goey Adams
Treloar Pendlebury Fiorini

Wells Moore WHE
Fasolo Brown Elliot

Goldsack Wills Varcoe Crisp
And Brown wants to come to Collingwood because? and North wants to let Brown go because?

None of these are realistic though. Brown is a star and has no reason to leave North, Fiorini for Langdon could never ever happen, Brown has re-signed and Ruggles isGeelong through and through. I'd maybe be interested in Kennedy if available but wouldn't pay a lot for him.

Understand your point that getting players out of clubs is never easy, especially stars and favorites, however it has to be possible because other clubs have done it. However we as Collingwood, the biggest club in the land, seem to be scared of asking the questions for big players. Throw something at Brown and North might buckle, you never know if you never ask?

In regards to the small defenders, I probably didn't word it very well, I was trying to suggest that a small defender of the Brown/ Nick Smith ilk would really benefit our defense.

Hmm really? there has just be 20% pay rise so it's 600k of past pay scale.

Lobb would be a great option for forward second ruck option and they simply don't come cheap.
He's a taller, 12 month younger clone of Sam Reid. Not worth $800k and the trade currency.

Yep already cleared up. We are paying Mayne 500k to play in the reserves. I am more than comfortable to pay 800k to lobb if the chance came.

Lobb or white and Mayne

Rather pay a bit over for someone who is actually best 22
One shit deal is not good justification to make another one.

And Brown wants to come to Collingwood because? and North wants to let Brown go because?

North have talls, KPP are not their concern, actually their main problem is fitting them all in the one team. If we could offer something that they could see be a bigger benefit from, we could be in with a shout. Why as a club do they shy away from chasing big names? And TBF I see Brown being easier to get out of North than Lynch is to get out of GC, which a lot of people seem to be hanging their hats on in 12 months time.

In regards to the your second point, see my earlier response to adammania9, we are the biggest, one of the most successful clubs in the game, I understand we haven't been playing like it lately, but we draw the biggest crowds and are the most high profile club. A young side with a lot of talent we could contend for premierships before a club like North can.

North have talls, KPP are not their concern, actually their main problem is fitting them all in the one team. If we could offer something that they could see be a bigger benefit from, we could be in with a shout. Why as a club do they shy away from chasing big names? And TBF I see Brown being easier to get out of North than Lynch is to get out of GC, which a lot of people seem to be hanging their hats on in 12 months time.

In regards to the your second point, see my earlier response to adammania9, we are the biggest, one of the most successful clubs in the game, I understand we haven't been playing like it lately, but we draw the biggest crowds and are the most high profile club. A young side with a lot of talent we could contend for premierships before a club like North can.
I can see where you are coming from but its pretty hard to prize a young up and coming KPF out of a club in he same city. He would feel allegiance to North to some degree.

Well he comes out of contract at the end 2018. And if a KPF is really the most pressing piece of the puzzle we are missing we can sell a push for a premiership tilt before North Melbourne could.

Is that like us having a better list than Richmond? LOL

Is that like us having a better list than Richmond? LOL

Hahaha a bit like that, I raised my eyebrows when he originally said that with the thought we might get bitten by that comment and alas we have. Richmond had and still do have some very good players and they have drafted well and played great this year, as much as that hurts to say.

However I think currently we are much better placed than North.

Hahaha a bit like that, I raised my eyebrows when he originally said that with the thought we might get bitten by that comment and alas we have. Richmond had and still do have some very good players and they have drafted well and played great this year, as much as that hurts to say.

However I think currently we are much better placed than North.

Still not convinced on Richmond. They've had a blessed run with injuries thus far (Griffiths the only 1 that appears to be hurting them) and I think they've played well above their station. Be very interesting to watch how they go in finals. If they can't make a go of it in such an even year then I'd doubt there's sufficient improvement in their squad to sustain it beyond this year, particularly if they lose Dusty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would do this trade if we could find a way back into the first round. I really like Oscar Allen who is touted as going around pick 18-20. I would prefer we deal our first rounder(currently 6) + steak knives for their first rounder (currently 16) + Hopper. Then we can hopefully grab Oscar and then do a seperate trade for smith.View attachment 395899

Could get him in the 2nd or 3rd Round

Contracts mean nothing anymore, it's sad but true. Players are not so set on being one club players anymore. If North could offer a contract to Sidebottom that could satisfy him, and the club put the press on him he'll leave. North will pay up for him, they need a player like him to compliment Cunnington and Ziebel. North have shown they're not scared to throw money and if they get sidey in the deal they'll probably be able to pull out of the Kelly race meaning that money wise won't be a problem.

I love sidey and thinks he's been fantastic for us but we need a KPF and one of our higher end mids will need to go, Pendles won't and Treloar and Adams have only recently joined the club and are set to be the midfield alongside JDG for the next gen. Sadly imo Sidey is the one to leave
Sidebottom to North? Omg, haven't they got enough on their plate at the moment. And who in their right mind would bypass Josh Kelly if all of a sudden Sidebottom became available? I know you can never say never, but that just seems so unrealistic to me. If I had to guess where Sidebottom will end up next year, it'll be Collingwood

Sidebottom to North? Omg, haven't they got enough on their plate at the moment. And who in their right mind would bypass Josh Kelly if all of a sudden Sidebottom became available? I know you can never say never, but that just seems so unrealistic to me. If I had to guess where Sidebottom will end up next year, it'll be Collingwood
Sidebottom is not going anywhere. Kelly is attainable if we are keen enough. Everyone has forgotten about Dusty who is screaming out for us to make him a decent offer and he will cost us nothing other than stretching the TPP. Given the age profile of out mainstays Dusty is the most logical inclusion to the list. Add Sam Reid to keep the medical staff busy and occasionally play forward and we should be playing finals next season.

Sidebottom is not going anywhere. Kelly is attainable if we are keen enough. Everyone has forgotten about Dusty who is screaming out for us to make him a decent offer and he will cost us nothing other than stretching the TPP. Given the age profile of out mainstays Dusty is the most logical inclusion to the list. Add Sam Reid to keep the medical staff busy and occasionally play forward and we should be playing finals next season.
I'm keen enough on Kelly. I'm keen on Dusty too, but can't really see him leaving the Tigers unless there is a huge price discrepancy between offers

Would love Dusty, but I honestly can't see him going anywhere. I think he'll stay. Kelly is a jet and would love him too, but I imagine he'll cost a packet in terms of trade. Probably too much considering where we're at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back