List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lever on 900k after last night

Please just no

Throw the kitchen sink at Wright or Lynch offer 1.3-1.4m and be done with it

So we're offering $800k to a taller version of Maxwell? If only we had some other player or 3 already on the list that could fill that role...
Glad you agree.
I'd prefer to spend the money on a forward too.

Glad you agree.
I'd prefer to spend the money on a forward too.
I have no issue with recruiting a key defender, but the money being talked about for Lever is ludicrous given he plays as a 3rd tall. If we were talking about a kid like Harris Andrews then I'd be perfectly comfortable forking out the cash because we'd be guaranteed a genuine key defender for the next decade.

Just lol got dizzy looking at that

Hah it was a bit like that! The guy I assume was number 1 on the whole list (couldn't see him elsewhere) looked pretty good last night though ;)

Smart, skilful, can take a grab, is a goalkicker and brings others into the game (another 8 score involvements).

I have no issue with recruiting a key defender, but the money being talked about for Lever is ludicrous given he plays as a 3rd tall. If we were talking about a kid like Harris Andrews then I'd be perfectly comfortable forking out the cash because we'd be guaranteed a genuine key defender for the next decade.

He's an enigma that's for sure. The way McAvaney and Taylor talked about him last night made me sick because he's so overrated by certain sections of the media. However that said for what he offers last night until I turned off was more of the same brilliant intercept play.

He picked it off with ease when the pressure up the field was on and just patrolled that back third, but if Talia hadn't come back meaning Keith goes to Buddy and he's moved off the liability that is Tippett on to Reid it's a whole different ball game. I really like the Maxwell comparison because Lever to me is Maxwell with sublime skills and better overhead. That's great, but not what we need.

As the season progresses I'm growing increasingly gun shy on him for us from a $'s, role and trade perspective. He'd be fantastic for Melbourne or Essendon if he does leave.

afl match feed.JPG stats.JPG
we should trade 'Treloar' as someone will surely give us good picks / players for him

Sorry Adams, we have enough players of your type if we get someone to overpay thinking they are getting AT instead of TA we'd be silly not to

Can we get someone who moves the ball forward with purpose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst I was initially very supportive of trying to recruit Jake Lever, I do not believe he is worth the reported $750-900K that has been bandied around. I believe there are other players (below) that can provide similar value but at a much less cost.

FORWARDS:
Jack Darling - (191, 25) K: 7.9; HB: 4.3; CP: 5.9; M: 5.0; CM: 1.4; GL: 1.8; BH 1.1; TK: 3.1; IF: 2.4; R50: 0.2
Averages 40 goals per season as the second tall. Under-rated player and still young. Career statistics are similar to that of Tom Lynch. Darling would be significantly cheaper than Lynch, despite averaging 7 goals more per season than Lynch.

BACKS:
Kade Kolodjashnij (HB) - (190, 22) K: 12.3; HB: 7.2; CP: 4.8; M: 5.9; GL: 0.2; BH 0.1; TK: 2.1; IF: 1.8; R50: 3.5; CL: 0.6; CG: 2.5; DE% 76.1
Great Running HB and intercept mark. Shades Lever in career stats but does not get the fanfare of Lever because he plays with the Suns. Would be significantly cheaper than the projected cost of Lever.

Trent McKenzie - (HB and Wing) (190, 25) K: 11.2; HB: 4.6; CP: 4.7; M: 4.3; GL: 0.3; BH 0.4; TK: 2.7; IF: 2.5; R50: 3.5; CL: 0.9; CG: 2.0; DE% 73.1
Great Running HB and intercept mark. Kicks the ball consistently over 60m. Has been injured for most of season but has now recovered. Reported to be looking for a change of scenery.

Aaron Mullett - (BP and HB) (184, 25) K: 11.2; HB: 5.6; CP: 3.7; M: 3.6; GL: 0.4; BH 0.2; TK: 1.6; IF: 1.7; R50: 3.4; CL: 0.5; CG: 1.5; DE% 77
Has great speed and very good left foot kick off HB. Strength is run and carry.

Allir Allir - (194, 22) K: 7.7; HB: 6.2; CP: 5.6; M: 4.2; TK: 2.5; IF: 2.4; R50: 0.5; CL: 0.6; CG: 2.0
Dropped after being picked for R1 for disciplinary reasons. Has fallen out of favour and has not played a game for the Swans this year.

Harris Andrews - (202, 20) K: 6.7; HB: 5.1; CP: 4.7; M: 5.3; CM: 1.1; TK: 1.5; IF: 0.5; R50: 2.0
Versatile Defender/ Ruckman and Swingman. Good endurance. From QLD so unsure whether he would be prepared to move interstate. Someone to build defence around for the next 10 years

MIDFIELDERS:
Jacob Hopper - (187, 20) K: 6.8; HB: 10.2; CP: 8.3; M: 3.1; GL: 0.5; BH 0.3; TK: 4.1; IF: 2.6; R50: 0.8; CL: 2.8; CG: 2.6; DE% 68
Inside/Outside player. Good awareness and very good around the stoppages

Matthew Kennedy - (188, 20) K: 6.9; HB: 9.1; CP: 6.9; M: 3.1; GL: 0.4; BH 0.3; TK: 4.1; IF: 1.8; R50: 1.2; CL: 2.2; CG: 2.3;
Midfielder/Forward who is very good overhead. Has found it difficult to break into GWS's A grade midfield

I would be open to trade the following players:
Fasolo (have several players of similar ilk and if he can be used to attract a Darling then so be it);
Greenwood;
Aish;
Broomhead; We have a surplus of midfielders. Would be prepared to trade to fill a deficiency
Langdon
Phillips;
Ramsay;
Smith;
Oxley;
Sinclair
Pendlebury: He will not be in our next premiership side. If he wanted to move I would facilitate a trade whilst his trade currency remains high (despite being 29).

Delist:
Blair
Mayne
Sier
Crocker

Untouchables:
De Goey
Elliott
Grundy
Moore
Maynard

Last edited:
It appears the Hawks supporters agree, Int at best in their best 22 models, more frequently Emg. He'll cost bigger all though and will be an upgrade on Smith to move the ball out of defence. It posted recently about not bringing in stop gaps, but this is a 2 year replacement for Smith.

Reid, Sidebottom, Fasolo, Broomhead, Aish, Ramsey, tradable for the right price and gain.
White, Mayne, Blair, Keefe, Oxley of no value on list.
Varcoe, Sinclair, Sier, just hanging in there!

Desperate for key position players.
Dunn, Goldsack, Reid nearly finished.

Grundy must be signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back