List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

He just needs to get fitter and hit the side of a barn with his goal kicking and everything will be fine
You may be mistakenly concluding his body type equates to a lack of fitness.
His gut running both ways and how far he gets up the field to apply pressure and tackle the opposition (he’s also in top half dozen in the league for tackles in F50) indicates his fitness is exceptional.
Without his nuggety build, he wouldn’t be able to use his body as a battering ram either. His courage, run and tackling was a standout this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep

Not sure how that really changes what I said

Schultz is really only the one miss of Wrights imo. He's allowed one surely?
I don’t see it as a miss, in hindsight we overpaid but in reality the cost blew out because we underperformed on the field.

Not GW’s fault.

Shoota will be an asset for us, I’m not putting leftie on it because Jesse White already cost me leftie.

daicos, degoey, Mitchell, Pendles, crisp, perryman, Allan. With McGuane next year.

Don’t need peatling. Other spots to fill

Pendles and Mitchell at the end… but agree there’s enough there for next year… look at another mid in 12 months time

Now time to find the Murphy replacement we need to stabilise things down back… but not much quality left in the out of contract market

Best hope is a quality contracted defender suddenly nominates the pies 🤞

Otherwise.,, with Moore down on form, Howe ageing and Dean and Frampton average…holding oppositions forwards could become an Achilles heel for the pies next year…

You may be mistakenly concluding his body type equates to a lack of fitness.
His gut running both ways and how far he gets up the field to apply pressure and tackle the opposition (he’s also in top half dozen in the league for tackles in F50) indicates his fitness is exceptional.
Without his nuggety build, he wouldn’t be able to use his body as a battering ram either. His courage, run and tackling was a standout this year.
Definitely looked slimmer at dockers

He misses easy goals And occasionally makes poor decisions

Small forwards especially ones that have cost a lot need to kick these goals

What I find odd about his composure/disposal was that it seemed to be a strength of his coming in?

All his highlights showed he was a decent disposer and during the pre-season games he was delivering absolute bullets.

Made watching all his misses and turnovers perplexing to see.
Focus on your first line, that’s correct IMHO.

Definitely looked slimmer at dockers

He misses easy goals And occasionally makes poor decisions

Small forwards especially ones that have cost a lot need to kick these goals
Maybe our weights program have beefed him up 🤣
He has no fear and no respect for his body with how hard how he hits the contest. He is tough as nails.
I was mainly referring to any doubts on his aerobic capacity. I think he’s a bit of a freak that way. Solid build but can run all day with decent pace. I think he’s very fit.

Maybe our weights program have beefed him up 🤣
He has no fear and no respect for his body with how hard how he hits the contest. He is tough as nails.
I was mainly referring to any doubts on his aerobic capacity. I think he’s a bit of a freak that way. Solid build but can run all day with decent pace. I think he’s very fit.
The disposal efficiency is a concern

Attachments

• IMG_2233.png
    IMG_2233.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 11
I don’t see it as a miss, in hindsight we overpaid but in reality the cost blew out because we underperformed on the field.

Not GW’s fault.

Shoota will be an asset for us, I’m not putting leftie on it because Jesse White already cost me leftie.
If we can seperate the two - output and what we paid, then he hits the mark with output. And of course he could have kicked more goals during the year because he missed some sitters he should’ve been around the 30 - 35 goal mark but he did work up the ground a bit.
So far as what we paid, we can wait and see. In a year or so we may think we did ok.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back