List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casboult would be a good fit for us. Could easily see him kicking 40goals + a year if he has good service and keeps his decent accuracy up.

Casboult would be a good fit for us. Could easily see him kicking 40goals + a year if he has good service and keeps his decent accuracy up.
All together now...

The supporters don't like it... Rockin the Casboult... Rock the Casboult!

1361726920_tumblr_lr3wj9q7hQ1qkjpnmo1_400.jpg

He is a Poor Man's Travis Cloke and won't get Good Service at Collingwood

If we get Casboult do we also get Saverio Rocca as a kicking coach?

So who's going to be since we are again linked to everyone...Sam Reid or Levi Casboult??Surely we aren't going after both.:drunk:

Have you seen his dukes?

We can bomb it long all day to him.

Cloke needed 1 on 1 where Casboult can take pack grabs

Much rather Casboult than Sam Reid

Jezz. I can't see us Improving with Casboult

He is a Poor Man's Travis Cloke and won't get Good Service at Collingwood
You mean, Travis Cloke the guy who was huge for us in a premiership year and a year we came 2nd. High praise!

We are lacking a strong big contested mark. Casboult is accurate this year too.

You mean, Travis Cloke the guy who was huge for us in a premiership year and a year we came 2nd. High praise!

Not a Fan. Rather Play Cox

Agree the Type we Need but we will Massively overpay to get him as have to beat Carlton and Tigers for his Signature

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beware the player coming out of contract having a career year.

We already got fooled by Greenwood.

Casboult to kick 40 goals? We are in fairy land.
He has 20 goals from 13 games. This would translate to about a 34 goal season if he kept it up. You really think improving by 6 goals a season over 22 matches is fairy land? He has done this in a team that is the lowest scoring in the whole league.

Collingwood has scored almost 200 points more (Read approx 30 goals as a team more) and yet we have a whole one player doing better than him for goals this year in Jamie Elliot.

Good service.....?

Have you seen our ball use?
Our service is pretty average at the moment, it doesn't help that we are kicking it to the most dysfunctional forward line in the competition. Who would you trust in our current forward line to hit up or at least put in a contest? Casboult would at least stop them from marking it.

He has 20 goals from 13 games. This would translate to about a 34 goal season if he kept it up. You really think improving by 6 goals a season over 22 matches is fairy land? He has done this in a team that is the lowest scoring in the whole league.

Collingwood has scored almost 200 points more (Read approx 30 goals as a team more) and yet we have a whole one player doing better than him for goals this year in Jamie Elliot.
Seeing as he averages a goal a game yes I do think that. You think he's going to come to a new team, probably share the ruck duties and kick 40 goals in a year? Yeah, nah not going to happen.

Have you seen his dukes?

We can bomb it long all day to him.

Cloke needed 1 on 1 where Casboult can take pack grabs

Much rather Casboult than Sam Reid
Can't believe I'm saying this but I actually think Casbolt is close to being a perfect target.

Extremely good contested mark/pack marking ability which is the key to our onfield success.

Will be cheap both salary and trading wise

Will be a good placeholder giving us multiple years to seek for alternative plans

Only downside is his goal kicking, but if you think about it this is actually a plus, as this deficiency of his keeps his price down and makes him affordable, whereas his key strength still fits into our team structure flawlessly.

Beware the player coming out of contract having a career year.

We already got fooled by Greenwood.

Players always play there best in there Contract Season. Hope not the Same for Grundy

He has 20 goals from 13 games. This would translate to about a 34 goal season if he kept it up. You really think improving by 6 goals a season over 22 matches is fairy land?
If he was 5 years younger I could back this view, but he's 27 and yet to manage even 25 goals in a year before this season. For context, even Jesse White averages more goals per game across their careers so far, and he doesn't have Reid's excuse of playing a lot of games in defence to fall back on as a reason for that.

He does have a redeeming feature in his strong contested marking, but as I said earlier, beware the player out of contract having a career year.

Players always play there best in there Contract Season. Hope not the Same for Grundy
Grundy is still young and is on a consistently upward trend. Not comparable imo

If he was 5 years younger I could back this view, but he's 27 and yet to manage even 25 goals in a year before this season. For context, even Jesse White averages more goals per game across their careers so far, and he doesn't have Reid's excuse of playing a lot of games in defence to fall back on as a reason for that.

He does have a redeeming feature in his strong contested marking, but as I said earlier, beware the player out of contract having a career year.

On the other hand, as a pure placeholder, 27 going on 28 is almost the perfect age for a throwaway player while a young draftee is developing.

Of course, that assumes that the club will even draft one. I get the nasty feeling that they won't...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back