List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smith is infront of Kirby Daicos and Broomhead. He is also infront of Blair and Thomas who are playing in the senior side ATM. He can play the small forward role or a mid/wing role. I rate him but I just don't see how we are going to get him because I don't think GWS will be keen on pick 36 for him.

and we have Bigger Needs then for a Mid/Small Forward Type

No way we get Lever and Smith.

Smith worth a pick 12-16.
Lever top 5-6 and steak knives.

Can't accommodate both unless we trade it something of value.

I don't think Smith is worth that.

Schaz was 191cm at draft time and is still listed 191cm.

Lever was 192cm at the draft and then was 195cm by the time he was listed on Adelaides site a few months later. Be interesting to see if he grew 3 cm in 3 months or if Crows like many clubs tell porky pies on the heights and weights of players.

Interesting that Lever isn't a quick player rather relies on his superior play reading ability:

The 18-year-old is back at full fitness, and earlier this month tested at the NAB AFL Draft Combine, running 3.19 in the 20-metre sprint and 10:32 for the three-kilometre time trial.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-30/meet-jake-lever
http://www.afc.com.au/player-profile/jake-lever

His 20m time is slower then Big Coxy, wonder if Adelaide use him as a 3rd in loose defender to eliminate the need to keep up with forwards. Playing to his strengths.

I really do wonder how much of an upgrade he will be on Scharenberg once Schaz has enough games under his belt.
Coxy did the 20m in 3.0 seconds which is quite fast...

For some reason this didn't seem to translate to the field

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...et-talls-in-trade-period-20170803-gxomwt.html
Hallelujah....club finally publicly acknowledges that we need to target talls as a priority this trade/draft period.

Article also says Bucks chasing speedy player/s... hence the rumoured interest in speedy Smith.

Think there's smoke where's there's fire with the Smith rumour. Smith rumoured to be good mates with Treloar and Adams. Smith rumoured to have bought property back near Geelong. And Bucks has shown with Blair how he rates consistently having a hard running small in the team.

Reckon as Smith is not a key player for them, for cap space Giants will take our future second if we offered it.

Smith and Lever would be a fair off season, can't see how we get it done without giving atleast 2 first round picks and a player.

GWS owe us one in my opinion.

Smith and Lever would be a fair off season, can't see how we get it done without giving atleast 2 first round picks and a player.

GWS owe us one in my opinion.

No doubt Geelong will trade a second round pick for Smith, whereas he'd cost us a first round.

Some deals over the last 2 trade periods.

Hill was pick 23
Caddy was pick 24
Redden was pick 17
Yarran was pick 19

Definitely worth a first round pick.
Probably closer to 16ish..

Agree in hindsight 12 is too high.

Maybe that's what's required but we shouldn't pay it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lever and Smith is interesting. Would be amazing if we get both.

Would anyone entertain a trade

Pick 6 for Shitmonds 2 first Rounders currently 15/17 or there abouts..

Pick 17 for Devon Smith
2018 First Round and steak knifes for Lever (as long as steak knifes dont include shaz or Aish)

Use pick 15 this year for the best Key Position we can get.

No way we get Lever and Smith.

Smith worth a pick 12-16.
Lever top 5-6 and steak knives.

Can't accommodate both unless we trade it something of value.
Forget Smith, I don't think we need him as we have more than capable half forwards.
Jake Lever is attainable and is a player of interest for allot of clubs. We currently have pick 6 in the draft and would be able to accommodate Adelaide with adequate compensation. The only issue I can foresee is accommodating Jake Lever financially.

How about if we trade next year's first round pick?

0a476aae0b340a3258adaf774c1bce36.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back