List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before everyone jumps at me, what I'm presenting is purely hypothetical with zero substance whatsoever.

Interested to know if people here would straight swap Sier for Beams.

I'd almost be inclined to say no, as Sier is borderline untouchable in my opinion.

Thats a no from me.

If we can do two 2nd rounders, or a 2nd and a player, or something like that - sure.

But I would be trying to use pick 18 in a trade for a KPP - not for another midfielder, and not one who's about to turn 29.
Agree, would only do our first and a future second if we got something else back, say a pick upgrade in the third round (could help us with points this year if we are letting go of pick 18).

Before everyone jumps at me, what I'm presenting is purely hypothetical with zero substance whatsoever.

I'd almost be inclined to say no, as Sier is borderline untouchable in my opinion.
Almost inclined? 3ish years of Beams vs 10 years of Sier shouldn’t even be a question. You wouldn’t do that trade, ever.

It's funny how people are suggesting that Beams is too old at 28 going on 29,yet the Geelong people were over the moon at getting Ablett at the age of 34.Beams is just a young pup in comparison.

Whether we get him or not is another question.I think the price might be too high,but it's up to the club to decide if they really want him.The club's really got a lot of tough decisions to make regarding Langdon,May,and now Beams.That's a lot of balls to be juggling in the air at the same time.I really wouldn't want to be in their position right now.

All this fuss about Beams.

Is Steven May even playing AFL next year? Does anybody know where he is? Journos have just been repeating the same "updates" for the past month

Not borderline at all. One of the least touchable players on our list

No S**t Sherlock!

1h ago.....October 11, 2018
Beams situation 'a dog's breakfast'
e1e167794fee3bd2da03d4871939c6fa

Alistair Paton

Conflicting reports have further muddied the waters surrounding Dayne Beams' future, according to Herald Sun trade experts Jay Clark and Michael Waters.

Warner said on today's episode of Trade TV was unusual for experienced player manager Paul Connors to be involved in "messy situations like this".

Lions coach Chris Fagan said on radio today that any trade request was news to him after reports emerged that Beams wants to return to Collingwood.

"It's a dog's breakfast," Warner said.

Clark said: "We get the feeling his mind is changing week to week. There's some emotion there, clearly.

"We're in this real awkward phase where Brisbane and Beams need to sit down and have a coffee and work out what is going on."

Former Bulldogs and Richmond coach Terry Wallace said he was surprised by Fagan's comments that "I will probably have a chat to Dayne about it" after being in a similar situation as a coach.

Wallace said on Trade Radio: "I just find it very surprising that you would go on air not knowing what the situation is. To me that is incredibly strange."

That's all cool, but the likelihood is that he was and is aware of the situation and simply doesn't want to discuss the situation publicly.

Hypothetically, if we got Beams, how would we structure up?
De Goey would almost be a full-time forward unless we need a different mix in the middle. Sidey probably moves onto a wing full-time replacing Mayne/Aish and Beams takes his inside minutes?

Or Beams half-forward? Was always a great set shot and kicked a huge bag of 5 this year.

Yes, I would. Sier for Beams and Bears next ten first rounders. Otherwise I think maybe Fek off could be appropriate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt Brisbane would go for that? Sier has been wonderful, but 12 games is a very small sample size from Brisbane's point of view.

De Goey would almost be a full-time forward unless we need a different mix in the middle. Sidey probably moves onto a wing full-time replacing Mayne/Aish and Beams takes his inside minutes?

Or Beams half-forward? Was always a great set shot and kicked a huge bag of 5 this year.
I’d love to see Beams as a high half forward with some midfield minutes.

We are the only club that always wants someone but doesn’t want to give anything in return.

Bullshit.

We have shown historically always pay fair and most of the time overs for players.

Adam Treloar
Taylor Adams
Jeremy Howe
Dayne Beams - have a look at how cheaply we gave him away at the time.
James Aish
Darren Jolly

All just off the top of my head.

We didn't even get 2 first rounders for a 24yr old Dayne Beams who achieved more at Collingwood than what he has at Brisbane and all of a sudden he's worth 2 first rounders?

Let's cut the crap please.

Don't worry about him, I said RFC would not accept Sier for 17 even though he might have a permanent productive role at RFC in a recent premiership team. We are not in a position to give the Pies handouts even if their desperately seeking a next premiership with Beams boosting their midfield and forward lines.
I may remind you of this post in the next year or 2.

Hold Appleby, Mihocek, Daicos

Fold Oxley, Smith, Kirby, Greenwood, Blair, Broomhead

Sold Langdon, Fasolo

Untold McLarty, Magden, Goldsack, Varcoe

You can add Rolled Murray

Apparently the club is working on deals for Greenwood, Broomhead, Mihocek, and in discussions with Goldsack.

Realistically losing Faz, Smith, Blair, & Kirby off the senior list might be it. Maybe Broomy to the rookie list. Mihocek might need to cool his heels on the Rookie list for another season.

Pendlebury to the half-back line. Mayne to the bench. Beams in the guts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back