List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you count how much the points of 41 and 44 it’s about equal to a mid 20s pick. Then with the discount for academy or father son it’s prob worth 18/19.

So if we have a decent year next year and make finals it’s basically

Pick 18 and 12-18 for Beams and 19.

Which pretty much means it’s Beams for next years first
WOAH! This is good

Am very happy with our list management this season

We re-signed De Goey, Langdon, and Moore despite bigger offers

We got Beams - a genuine star - back at a good price given what we can use points for

And big Irish dudes are arriving
I'm actually super excited by the big Irish dudes!

So we added 56 from our end to the Beams deal and kept the Fas compo pick (57).

Can someone confirm that we can’t use the points associated with the compo pick because it seems strange we’d hold 57 (no bidding points value) and trade 56. Should have added 57 not 56.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

With Beams in the side competition for midfield spots will be TIGHT next season.

Right now you would think:

Phillips, Sidebottom, Beams
Grundy, Adams, Treloar
With Pendles and Sier on the bench (Aish and Thomas rotating).

I like Mayne, and I think he had a ripper season, but with Beams coming in I think that they may need to find another position to player other than winger.

Overall I’m pretty happy with the Beams deal. Getting 41 and 44 back softens the blow of giving up two firsts and gets us much needed points this year. Would have preferred to hold onto 56 though. We should be able to lsnd IQ (1st round talent anyway) and Kelly but think we might go into slight deficit next year.

So what are we left with?

41,44,51,57 is that it?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only issue I think really is if we get a bunch of retirements next year (Dunn, Goldsack, Reid, Wells, Varcoe, Greenwood) we might not have enough decent draft picks to cover that loss, plus any delistings that may occur.

While I would have preferred Steven May I’m also pumped to have Beams back.
Could this possibly be the deepest midfield of elite talent that any side has put on the paddock? Beams, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Adams, Treloar, De Goey, Grundy etc. I really rate Phillips and Sier as well.
it will be very interesting to see what a midfield like this can achieve and what it looks like when they all play together.

Are you happy with our haul TradeDraft?

Yeah I am happy. Rather traded Next Year 2nd Rounder instead of 1st but Did it and got Picks in the 40 to help get Quyanor and Kelly.

Glad we Recurite3d 3 Talls

Well done! We have obtained the best footballer on offer during this trade period. Dayne Beams is an absolute gun that will further stretch the opposition. We will further strengthen our team by adding Jamie Elliot who I believe is one of the best small forwards in the competition. I still have my reservations about Darcy Moore but if he gets a good run with injuries he can be become a valuable player. A great trade period!

While I would have preferred Steven May I’m also pumped to have Beams back.
Could this possibly be the deepest midfield of elite talent that any side has put on the paddock? Beams, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Adams, Treloar, De Goey, Grundy etc. I really rate Phillips and Sier as well.
it will be very interesting to see what a midfield like this can achieve and what it looks like when they all play together.
Would love a fit Daniel Wells in there also

Only way we lose this deal is if we do really poorly next year and our first-rounder becomes a high pick.

As it is, an end-of-first-round pick is not that exciting. Two end-of-first-round picks is not that far off what we paid for Aish, really. In some ways we paid more for Nathan Freeman... if a pick ten can be that useless for us, there's no guarantee that two pick 18s would produce something better than what we've got (Beams plus points).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back