List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had never looked up stats on Jenkins before today. He’s a big unit.
If we got him cheap and made him play more like Tarzan and less like Jane, he may be worth a look.
If you consider that our future KPP are Wilson, Keene, Tohil and Kelly, all untried and still in their infancy then we would be mad not to look at Jenkins seeing as we are still in the window

I'd have a crack at josh jenkins just read he's prepare dnto pay fore base salary plus match payments that's damn hard to argue nwith for someone that's preformed in Games

Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane springs to mind. Soft as butter. It's a big pass for me.

Problem is we don't have the assets to trade him in, either in terms of something to actually trade or $$$ to pay him what he'd be asking. We are somewhat hog tied as our NGA and father-son picks are likely to cost us a fair bit and we can't keep sending away first round picks to fill the void in trades.

Same goes for Dougal Howard and Tom Papley.

In the end a club can only work with what it has and we are unfortunately both lacking in trade currency and cash poor, which doesn't exactly make us an attractive trade partner for players who are in demand.
This is somewhat false. In order to get maximum value with our NGA prospect in Reef next year (assuming he’s a first round prospect) we’re actually better off trading our 2020 first rounder and getting some value out of it instead of wasting it for points that can be accumulated later in the draft. If there’s a trade prospect we want this year such as Howard, then our 2020 first should absolutely be on the table, with a priority on trading in a future second or third round pick. I’m also not convinced that we’re as cash poor as BF posters like to make out we are. If we want to trade in a quality player then there’s always ways to make room for them.

Incredibly frustrating that we are having the exact same conversations about moving Darcy Moore back and forth that we had with Ben Reid 5 years ago.

Wouldnt be an issue if the club didnt ignore drafting/trading key position footballers that actually grew up with the game.

Frustrating watching Bulldogs recruit an easy fix to our issue with a second rounder.

Dumb List Mangement for Years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dumb List Mangement for Years
We’ve just made top 4 two years in a row Dave, so whilst it hasn’t been a perfect strategy, it’s not as bad as you’re making out either.

I wouldn't be against Jenkins if hes cheap trade and salary wise, dunno why people are bagging him out hes produced better returns then cox and Reid so I dunno what the issue is.

Depends on what you define as returns... we're crying out for a KPF to take marks/provide aerial contests... Cox has that in spades (2018 = 61 contested marks) but low volume possessions and has no real consistency to his game (his off weeks are atrocious and numerous)

Jenkins has averaged 1.1-1.5 contested marks his entire career as a forward, his goals always seem to come from 'joe-the-gooses' rather than a big clunk and goal. The way we play (leaving Stephenson/De Goey/Elliot) as last man and speedy forward will mean he never gets his normal supply of goals with us.

The "built like Tarzan, plays like Jane" adage could not be more apt for Jenkins and on that basis alone should be a hard pass from us.

James Stewart was a potential father-son we ignored, and out of contract next year at Essendon... he should be coming into his prime if he's any good, was there a knock on him early days? His highlight reel on youtube isn't too bad for a big man - just hasn't had the exposure at AFL level continuously (drafted by GWS so sat behind a lot of talent, and Essendon been injured/out of form?) Change of scenery might help...? (I assume he grew up barracking for us?)

If you consider that our future KPP are Wilson, Keene, Tohil and Kelly, all untried and still in their infancy then we would be mad not to look at Jenkins seeing as we are still in the window
I’m trying to convince myself mate. He’s a big unit that’s kicked between 40 and 60 goals each year since 2014. How am I doing?

This year he kicked 22 goals in 11 matches after being out of favour with the coach.
Travis Cloke only kicked 40 goals or more on 4 occasions.

I wouldn't be against Jenkins if hes cheap trade and salary wise, dunno why people are bagging him out hes produced better returns then cox and Reid so I dunno what the issue is.
Looks as though Pies are set on Darcy Cameron to play forward next year. Would the Pies want to play 3 talls with Cox, Cameron and Mihocek?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back