List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freak of a coach. Just keeps getting results no matter what.
Helps when you have Cameron Smith as your captain, one of the greatest players ever to lead the team

Just winding down from a huge weekend of footy.

What I’ve taken out from Richmond is that their game style is simple, they have complete buy in from every single player and everybody plays their role to perfection.
And they’ve won 3 of the last 4 flags after being a laughing stock in 2016.

We have a very similiar list to Richmond. Good defence, par midfield, and a forward line on paper who can do some damage. I think we have more talent than them but they work harder and as stated they have a better run system.

But the system they play is so obvious. Take metres gained in the form of knock ons or hack kicks, hold position (wingers especially) and go when you have the opportunity. Dimma coaches that side to their strengths perfectly. They swarm the opposition with pressure and make it difficult to take ground, and they don’t have elite ball users but they just have guys who will get the job done.

Our side is below average in terms of ball use but we’ve seen when they have a desire to do so that they can swarm and move the ball forward at pace and they showed that in 2018 and we beat Richmond at their very own game and should’ve won a granny.

Now Bucks has gone to a high possession tempo, maintain the ball so we don’t turn it over game, but the stagnant ball use hurts everyone. Why Bucks continues to think we need to play pretty footy is beyond me.

Go back to ugly football, and play the Richmond brand. It suits our game style to the core and if we can finally reign in some of our players who have the ‘I’m bigger than the club attitude’ I have no doubt we can take strides next year. Sometimes playing simple football can gain you incredible outcomes. Richmond don’t do anything incredible but they do the basics and every facet of the game well. It’s time to implement it.
You are not comparing our forward line with Richmond. They are so much better then us there

Helps when you have Cameron Smith as your captain, one of the greatest players ever to lead the team
They're the Brady + Belichick of the NRL. Perfect combination of IQ, toughness and discipline between the two.

Often feel as though they share one mind between them. They even blow up at identical times!

Reckon Sier gets a bad rap on here. 22 years old, has great hands around the contest and exactly what we need in the guts. Agree he needs to lift his standards in terms of preparation but no way I’d be trading him.
How long do you keep onto somebody that doesn’t want to train to maximise their potential? Agree that he’s a talent and what we need, but pointless if he wont work.

Reckon Sier gets a bad rap on here. 22 years old, has great hands around the contest and exactly what we need in the guts. Agree he needs to lift his standards in terms of preparation but no way I’d be trading him.
Lots of upside, but his fitness is a big worry (which is directly linked to his work ethic/professionalism/standards/drive/etc)

Even when he was playing consistently, his ToG% was like 60-70%. You can't really carry a midfield bull, who doesn't rest forward, that pends the so long the bench these days. Shuey and Prestia the names that come to mind, but even they have 75-80% ToG

Then there's the injuries

I think if he decided to work his ass off, lose a couple kegs, then he'll be fitter and probably avoid some of those injuries

re trading him: If a very good offer came in late in the draft, I would consider it, but would like to hold him and see if he can blossom

True, but everyone said “helps when you have Smith, Slater and Cronk”, then Smith and Slater, now just Smith. It doesn’t seem to matter who they lose they just keep winning. Amazing club. Hope Maxy learned well from them.

You are not comparing our forward line with Richmond. They are so much better then us there

I am. See that’s the thing, they’re not better, but they all play their roles.
Castagna, Rioli, Lambert aren’t amazing footballers. Bolton has talent most definitely.
JRoo is 32. Lynch is their star.

There’s no reason that a forward line consisting of Elliott, JDG, Stephenson, Sidebottom and Mihocek plus another tall that we could recruit can’t replicate what Richmond do. The issue is that we don’t have a system that allows for a forward line to function altogether.

See Lynch gets all the plaudits. Lambert does the hard stuff every week for no reward. Castagna/Rioli/Aarts may go weeks without kicking goals but they play the system so keep their spot. JRoo plays a lesser role but does what is required of him. Bolton is a star in the making up in the midfield but he’s a live wire up forward. The issue I see with our team is I can’t see Stepho or Sidebottom taking a lesser role to benefit the team. JDG needs to be our star but needs to find consistency. Elliott when he doesn’t have the footy isn’t doing a lot for us. Mihocek can play the JRoo role but we need a guy to fill the Lynch void. Doesn’t have to be to his caliber because we won’t find that, however our other general forwards are better than Richmond’s. But as I said, are the players willing to take lesser roles to benefit the team or will we continue to play selfish Collingwood football?

Also a systemic salary cap rorter
Since when is the coach in charge of player payments. Honestly, there’s something seriously wrong with you. You search for the worst in everything.

Also a systemic salary cap rorter
Didn't realise the coach was responsible for salaries? Care to share more insights into the intricacies of league list management that only you seem to be privy to?

What I’ve taken out from Richmond is that their game style is simple, they have complete buy in from every single player and everybody plays their role to perfection.

We have a very similiar list to Richmond. Good defence, par midfield, and a forward line on paper who can do some damage. I think we have more talent than them but they work harder and as stated they have a better run system.

But the system they play is so obvious. Take metres gained in the form of knock ons or hack kicks, hold position (wingers especially) and go when you have the opportunity. Dimma coaches that side to their strengths perfectly. They swarm the opposition with pressure and make it difficult to take ground, and they don’t have elite ball users but they just have guys who will get the job done.

Our side is below average in terms of ball use but we’ve seen when they have a desire to do so that they can swarm and move the ball forward at pace and they showed that in 2018 and we beat Richmond at their very own game and should’ve won a granny.

Now Bucks has gone to a high possession tempo, maintain the ball so we don’t turn it over game, but the stagnant ball use hurts everyone. Why Bucks continues to think we need to play pretty footy is beyond me.

Go back to ugly football, and play the Richmond brand. It suits our game style to the core and if we can finally reign in some of our players who have the ‘I’m bigger than the club attitude’ I have no doubt we can take strides next year. Sometimes playing simple football can gain you incredible outcomes. Richmond don’t do anything incredible but they do the basics and every facet of the game well. It’s time to implement it.
What Silky23 said ☝️

How about a well run club with a premise that we will let you play your footy without the circus and we will pay you up to your value, would be a good start if you ask me. Sorry mate but we keep dipping out and it pisses me off.

None of that would have mattered with Cameron. We were never in the race and it wasn't because of anything we could control. I get the frustration with Lynch.

Honestly I think we need to draft and develop some of our own. It's just too difficult to nail a quality key forward through trade. It's down to too much chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also not sure if it has been mentioned but for a guy of Stepho’s speed and nature, why is he completely useless at providing pressure acts / tackles inside 50? For me that is concerning because I think it boils down to attitude problems.. we all know how he’s had a lean year on the scoring front and as a player in general, but sometimes that can will you on to do other things that aren’t recognised on the stat sheet such as defensive acts and stuff when you don’t have the football. For me, if he wants to be a regular best 22, these numbers need to be much much higher.

E49A950B-7BCB-4B23-89F5-220FED1C82C4.png

Also not sure if it has been mentioned but for a guy of Stepho’s speed and nature, why is he completely useless at providing pressure acts / tackles inside 50? For me that is concerning because I think it boils down to attitude problems.. we all know how he’s had a lean year on the scoring front and as a player in general, but sometimes that can will you on to do other things that aren’t recognised on the stat sheet such as defensive acts and stuff when you don’t have the football. For me, if he wants to be a regular best 22, these numbers need to be much much higher.

View attachment 995203
Suggest you look up those stats for 2018/19. He didn’t have the tank for it this year. Attitude not an issue imo.

do u mind explaining to me and the rest of this community what the ef rugball has to do with Collingwood a 2020 trade period ?

Seriously the mods here need to get this thread on track 1000+ pages of people talking about mclarty, rugby, wether tony died or not at the end of the sopranos this thread is meant to be where news and discussions about fa and trades take place this is becoming unbearable for people who come here to find out what’s going on with our clubs trade period
Maybe discuss the upcoming trade and free agency period instead of having a big sook about it.

How long do you keep onto somebody that doesn’t want to train to maximise their potential? Agree that he’s a talent and what we need, but pointless if he wont work.
Guess it depends on the talent. Aka Swanny for the longest time. Then you have legend of the one and only G.Ablett Snr which Sier would never be close to in terms of talent; that apparently loathed training.

All true, except you’ve ignored the fact that Richmond have an elite (and large) group of quick, skillful, high pressure small forwards. Whilst we virtually have none..
Not to mention the dominant KPF.
So the list isn’t similar at all really

Cry about it then.

Or, maybe, bit of an out there idea, maybe skip over the posts you don't want to read.
i don’t think it’s to much to ask for people on a message board to stay on topic about a subject labeled trade and f/a 2020 if you wanna dribble nonsense there’s a thing called Facebook it even asks you there “what’s on your mind” and there’s a box you can type whatever you want Im sure one of your 40 friends will respond to you

i don’t think it’s to much to ask for people on a message board to stay on topic about a subject labeled trade and f/a 2020 if you wanna dribble nonsense there’s a thing called Facebook it even asks you there “what’s on your mind” and there’s a box you can type whatever you want Im sure one of your 40 friends will respond to you
I also don't think it's much to ask for someone with less than 400 posts, who has contributed shit all to this thread in terms of discussing the offseason or otherwise, to not be a complete knob. But here you are.

You also clearly have absolutely zero idea of what board moderation entails either, lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back