List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's an upgrade on Phillips and Mayne on the wing.
Mayne maybe, he’s essentially Phillips with a bit more pace though. If we’re going down that path I’d rather take a punt on Tom Cutler on the cheap.

Ha you really don’t like the idea of going hard for 1&2 hey? I’d rather keep everyone but not sure if possible. If we can’t wha do we do?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You’re missing the point, which is GC aren’t going to trade pick 1&2 for more picks under any circumstance.

Haha, interesting theory. I'm leaning toward that a lot of eyes in AFL house would be privy to the salary situations of clubs and that details have gotten out about ours. Too much smoke for it to just be innuendo IMO

I suspect if Ken Wood and his co-workers leaked information about our TPP or the structure of such, he wouldn't have a job for very long.

ed langdon... a connection to the pies so i'm writing about him.... has just been "given" to the demons by freo. Are recruiters that arrogant that they can spot the difference between a player drafted at pick 22 and one drafted at pick 26? They must be kidding themselves. I know about probability and the likelihood of getting someone good improves the closer you get to pick 1, but this is ridiculous. It might have been more far sighted for freo to trade langdon for a more talented recruiter....

and dont tell me about points etc and trading to get further up the draft.

More so when it was reported that contracts had to be renegotiated so as to fit him in.
Reported, also they gave him an extra year to spread it out. So l think it’s bs on the ttp

I suspect if Ken Wood and his co-workers leaked information about our TPP or the structure of such, he wouldn't have a job for very long.

Where do you think journos get their info from re caps or do you believe it's all just made up?
Be a lot of eyes that come across that salary information, I suspect it would be quite hard to track down any leaks.

Salary squeeze. Want away players. Pick 1&2 being awesome victorians. Hopefully the club doesn’t need to trade away our guns but the talk is there and last time I checked this was a trade chat right?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You believe the media? They are making stuff up. A club that needs cap relief does not resign Sier and Elliot.

ed langdon... a connection to the pies so i'm writing about him.... has just been "given" to the demons by freo. Are recruiters that arrogant that they can spot the difference between a player drafted at pick 22 and one drafted at pick 26? They must be kidding themselves. I know about probability and the likelihood of getting someone good improves the closer you get to pick 1, but this is ridiculous. It might have been more far sighted for freo to trade langdon for a more talented recruiter....

and dont tell me about points etc and trading to get further up the draft.

There's another second rounder in there for Freo aside from 22

You’re missing the point, which is GC aren’t going to trade pick 1&2 for more picks under any circumstance.

But what if we sling them 10k members (hand picked by you and me of course) $10 million and Ed as President? I mean picks 1 and 2 😅

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where do you think journos get their info from re caps or do you believe it's all just made up?
Be a lot of eyes that come across that salary information, I suspect it would be quite hard to track down any leaks.

Fairly confident it all started by our own doing in an interview given by Ned Guy himself last year. I'd google "Ned Guy" coupled with "salary cap" but I suspect I'd find the twenty articles written by Jon Ralph this week alone.

We'll probably have 10k members looking for a new club if we pursue that deal.

I’ll be honest I tuned out as soon as I read about chasing picks 1 and 2 so I have no idea what the deal actually was. Something involving JDG, yeah? Basically the sun is more likely to rise in the west tomorrow than GC trading both of those picks!

That he is obviously on more than 300k...?

If as you implied he'd taken all the Lynch cash then obviously he'd be on more than $300k.

That he is obviously on more than 300k...?

A poster here who would know said his contract isn't big.

I would believe this poster.

A poster here who would know said his contract isn't big.

I would believe this poster.

Rumour was he was entering a heavily discounted back end of his contract at the Bears. Even heavily discounted it's hard to imagine that wouldn't still be north of $600k. He then apparently agreed to reduce that even further when he came to the Pies for the added security of an additional year. He may well now be on something south of $500k but I doubt it'd be by much if it is.

Last edited:
I’ll be honest I tuned out as soon as I read about chasing picks 1 and 2 so I have no idea what the deal actually was. Something involving JDG, yeah? Basically the sun is more likely to rise in the west tomorrow than GC trading both of those picks!

I agree. You might potentially sway them to use either 15 or 20 but they'd be absolutely mad to not take 1 & 2 to the draft and continue the build of the last few seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back